Zenith Announcement

Sulmar

I did find it interesting that you have a section devoted to desertion. Was that a problem in the past? Also your nuclear first strike policy is "we won't do a first strike unless we decide to"?

We had some people desert. They're not around anymore. :war:

It's certainly a better policy than "We will do nuclear first strikes without authorization" :P

I kept advocating that exact clause, but for some reason they never listen to me. :blink:

congrats on talking DK into retirement.

Nobody talked me into retirement. I was actually guilted into running and did, in fact, vote for Sulmar.

I'm very happy with the new charter and looking forward to seeing what Sulmar can do.

Charter looks pretty good overall. A bit long, but not overly so given that everything seemed to be covered in a nice readable manner. I did find it interesting that you have a section devoted to desertion. Was that a problem in the past? Also your nuclear first strike policy is "we won't do a first strike unless we decide to"?

I did most of the formatting on it and brevity when it comes to these things has never been my strong suit. As for the nuke policy, an outright ban is too strict because nuking is a tactic that can work to get someone to throw in the towel or to get the jump on someone who will nuke you anyway. Zenith's policy is we won't rule it out but if we do, we'll think about it first.

Edited by Duncan King

What about Suvorov?

Congrats guys, I hope this works out for the best. I knwo you try very hard to accommodate your members, I hope you find success with this.

Internal tensions within his home country of Velikaya Rossija have led Suvorov to retire from active alliance life and focus his efforts at home.

Charter looks pretty good overall. A bit long, but not overly so given that everything seemed to be covered in a nice readable manner. I did find it interesting that you have a section devoted to desertion. Was that a problem in the past?

Yes it was. We had six members desert at the beginning of the Karma War. It kind of brought the issue to the forefront for us.

Having done it several times, the creation of a charter is no easy task - the re-creation of a charter is something I hope I never have to take on.

Congrats Zenith on the new charter and good luck as you go forward.