Regarding the Red Senate

by voting in CoJ is yet a PR stunt, you would be better off standing at the top of a building and screaming "we have changed" you think people are going to fall for the same tricks that has made NPO famous ?.

Only time will tell if NPO has truly changed or if this just another PR stunt.

The fact that NPO is paying attention to PR again is a signal that it's changed, to be honest. I don't see why it can't be both.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by voting in CoJ is yet a PR stunt, you would be better off standing at the top of a building and screaming "we have changed" you think people are going to fall for the same tricks that has made NPO famous ?.

You really think Schatt would let us pull a fast one on him?

This is no 'PR stunt'. We gave up something of value, we gave up a senate seat. This is an obvious and quantifiable change in our policies. We have opened up the Red senate.

What are these "same tricks", Timeline? If you're going to claim it, back it up with something.

And only time will tell, eh? Is that your resolve cracking?

The fact that NPO is paying attention to PR again is a signal that it's changed, to be honest. I don't see why it can't be both.

Maybe you are right, how ever in the three years I've been playing this game, you kind of get a custom to NPO saying one thing but doing another.

Maybe you are right, how ever in the three years I've been playing this game, you kind of get a custom to NPO saying one thing but doing another.

I curious what this "another" is, since I seem to be the pawn for it. If it is to further some hidden agenda of the NPO, well we can speculate on motives all night long. What I can tell you is that my motive was pretty much personal vanity. :lol1:

There's nothing wrong with alliances wanting to be the best. NPO are no longer the biggest or strongest alliance, or most well connected and it's only natural that they want to get back there. There is no argument against opening the red senate whether it's a PR stunt or not. Doing a good thing as a PR stunt is still doing a good thing and NPO will do what it takes to get back to #1 and then they'll do what it takes to stay at #1, no one is doubting that. Pretty much every announcement on this forum is some kind of PR stunt and I personally prefer when it's the big alliances making announcements and actually doing things rather than all these worthless micro-alliances. If NPO has some amazing plan to re-enslave us all then I say go for it. Bringing you guys down is all I remember in this game and frankly unless someone else starts behaving like a true tyrant I'm gonna get bored of this awesome new multi-polar world full of lollipops and rainbows pretty quick. That wasn't why I fought the Karma War.

Bringing you guys down is all I remember in this game and frankly unless someone else starts behaving like a true tyrant I'm gonna get bored of this awesome new multi-polar world full of lollipops and rainbows pretty quick. That wasn't why I fought the Karma War.

Wait, it wasn't? I thought that was the gist of it, that we declared wars occasionally and hurt people's feelings. Nobody is going to start acting like a tyrant because the first alliance that does is going to be handing a very convenient justification for war to all the alliances on Bob that have been sitting around bored since Armageddon. You guys made this brave new world. When are you going to start enjoying it?

There's nothing wrong with alliances wanting to be the best. NPO are no longer the biggest or strongest alliance, or most well connected and it's only natural that they want to get back there. There is no argument against opening the red senate whether it's a PR stunt or not. Doing a good thing as a PR stunt is still doing a good thing and NPO will do what it takes to get back to #1 and then they'll do what it takes to stay at #1, no one is doubting that. Pretty much every announcement on this forum is some kind of PR stunt and I personally prefer when it's the big alliances making announcements and actually doing things rather than all these worthless micro-alliances. If NPO has some amazing plan to re-enslave us all then I say go for it. Bringing you guys down is all I remember in this game and frankly unless someone else starts behaving like a true tyrant I'm gonna get bored of this awesome new multi-polar world full of lollipops and rainbows pretty quick. That wasn't why I fought the Karma War.

Just a piece of friendly advice: don't rely on the actions of others for your entertainment. Be proactive, and if you want that kind of fun, do it yourself.

It's good to see a colour sphere and Senate being ruled through cooperation and not brute force. I think that's all of them now.

And no, it's not a free Senate, because the NPO would easily control all three seats if it was. It's a rotation policy similar to that employed by OUT or BLEU, I imagine.

Is it really necessary to post that here?

Yes as people are clearly arguing that NPO is trying to take over red etc. ect. It is pretty clear that you havent and arent trying to. Just posting some proof that you arent the great puppet masters that everyone makes you out to be.

I can’t say I ever expected this.

However, before we commence mindless hails for Pacifica’s supposed reform, simply put I would like to state that Pacifica is extremely concerned with their public relations currently because they are not in power anymore and cannot afford to continue to be hated. Instead, they must bow to the wishes of the wider community and act in a way that will garner them support. Hence, the new Emperor , the merciful, the benevolent Comrade Chuckles, and this business with the red senate. This doesn’t indicate a change in heart but merely a difference in modus operandi.

That having been said, I’ve always believed in second chances and if evidence arises that Pacifica are really reforming, then my opinions are malleable to change.

King Death, your attempts to draw attention to your completely irrelevant and unimportant alliance in a thread that mentions you nowhere are completely pathetic. But then, I don’t think we could expect more of such an incompetent and immature alliance leader.

Edited by The Lonely Man

However, before we commence mindless hails for Pacifica’s supposed reform, simply put I would like to state that Pacifica is extremely concerned with their public relations currently because they are not in power anymore and cannot afford to continue to be hated. Instead, they must bow to the wishes of the wider community and act in a way that will garner them support. Hence, the new Emperor , the merciful, the benevolent Comrade Chuckles, and this business with the red senate. This doesn’t indicate a change in heart but merely a difference in modus operandi.

That having been said, I’ve always believed in second chances and if evidence arises that Pacifica are really reforming, then my opinions are malleable to change.

King Death, your attempts to draw attention to your completely irrelevant and unimportant alliance in a thread that mentions you nowhere are completely pathetic. But then, I don’t think we could expect more of such an incompetent and immature alliance leader.

If I may ask, what sort of evidence are you looking for? How would Pacifica prove itself, except by demonstrating behaviour that you would describe as a PR stunt?

I may be speaking out of turn here, but for me personally, that is a good thing. We can not change who we are as Pacificans because the world thinks we should. If we are going to change, it should be by us and for us, and I would expect nothing less from our glorious Order. In my view, Pacifica has nothing to be ashamed of, nothing that should make us accept the pariah status that Karma tried to thrust upon us. I am proud of my alliance and its history, and I would hope my comrades are too.

If you would like to discuss this in more depth, I can be found in #nsa.

WorldConqueror,

I suppose I can respect that viewpoint in that you take pride in the actions of your alliance… but I believe the actions of your alliance are abhorrent. Therefore, you’re either a bad person or you’re merely badly mistaken. The latter is curable. :D I would be happy to speak with you on IRC.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

:rolleyes:

Well of course, you're the ebil, ebil NPO baby eaters, right? :>

psst, NPO, TDP and CoJ arent the only red team alliances.

SPOILER ALERT:

(we (UED) arent in RD and we are doing pretty well)

I do believe that Red Dawn is much better off without you. :lol1:

Congrats to RD on this accomplishment, well done. :)

WorldConqueror,

I suppose I can respect that viewpoint in that you take pride in the actions of your alliance… but I believe the actions of your alliance are abhorrent. Therefore, you’re either a bad person or you’re merely badly mistaken. The latter is curable. :D I would be happy to speak with you on IRC.

There is a difference between not repeating the mistakes of the past, and trying to burn out your entire character in order to be "Mr Perfect" for a disunited voice of vengeful popular opinion.

The core values the order was founded on are fair and efficient, and there should be pride in them. Nor should we throw them out just for the concept of "change". An alliance cannot exist by throwing away its character - an alliance reinvents itself by finding what is good about its character, and strengthening it.

And if anyone going to tell me that we are heathen evil that has nothing good about it, then I am sorry my good sirs, but I will have to tell you that you are mistaken, and that I will be proud of what we are.