tLC's way of techraiding: teasing and destroying a nation

Denniswerf

It just strikes me as odd that you don't consider those actions to be that of a rogue is all. He announced his intentions well and clear and still flew the AA at the time. But that's your interpretation I guess *shrugs*

I wouldn't hold too much value to that announcement, because that was posted months ago. The fact remains that he was still here, unharmed and prospering after all that time.

What a rogue...

Dennis, you fail. :P

Edited by Tromp

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Spyraid" is not a term. Nigras conducted a spy operation on Denniswerf, true, however as Denniswerf had no connection to you (him being a former member is pretty irrelevant) it's none of your business. It still isn't your business even if you did accept him back in, he chose to declare war on Nigras, you aren't involved.

Also, I think we need to clarify what rogue means. My understanding is that it has always meant attacking a member of an alliance when not during an alliance-wide war, or some other sort of agreement. I've never seen it used contrary to that, so let's not try and change the definition. He did do that. He used nukes. He's a nuclear rogue.

Also, spying on unaligned again, in no way concerns you. Again, him being a former member is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what ES's opinion on tech raiding is, tLC allows it, and Nigras wasn't even doing that. Stop pretending that being a former member somehow grants you some sort of protection.

Defending from spy attacks =/= being a rogue.

Strange definition you have there <_<

For the record the spy attacks costed him like 30 million dollar.

I have seen Nigras techraiding before so don't pretend that he isn't techraiding. He even admitted he was spying away his cashreserves to start a techraid.

Also it isn't that important for us what happened in the war with Nigras since it is a private matter between a raider and it's victim, a classic 1v1. And we even allow Nigras to redeclare. What matters for us is that he is a member of FOK now with all rights and benefits.

1. Dennis announced months ago that he was planning on going rouge.

2. Apparently Dennis reconsidered and simply decided to hang around instead.

3. Nigras start doing spy operations towards him, as preparation for a tech raid

4. Dennis warns Nigras that he will nuke him should he continue.

5. Nigras spies agian and war is declared.

6. Dennis and Nigras decide to do a 1v1.

These are the important points here, since then Dennis have been accepted into FOK again, something that is well within their rights to do. FOK have also agreed to let Dennis and Nigras fight it out for as long as they wants too.

My advice to Frostbite is to do the same.

Edited by Xavii

By your definition, of course, which simply waits for announced would-be nuke rogues to carry through with their threats before considering them to be hostiles. ;)

A fair point. But a fair counterpoint would be that, in the large majority of cases, people who say stuff like that dont carry through. Just like this guy. They try for awhile to get some attention and/or some people following them to make a splash, if it doesnt happen, they go back home to try something less radical. Attacking them is generally pretty counterproductive - just giving the attention desired.

Case in point... this thread.

This is a sad attitude to have. I hope that one day new players can enjoy planet bob without the constant fear of thieves coming to destroy them.

It's not a sad attitude, it's a realistic one. If you don't like it I urge you to try and right the wrongs that you see. Or fly away to a universe that has gods who do not allow for combat.

I suppose the same could be said about your alliance, if I recruited from your ranks?

What?

3. Nigras start doing spy operations towards him, as preparation for a tech raid

These are the important points here, since then Dennis have been accepted into FOK again, something that is well within their rights to do. FOK have also agreed to let Dennis and Nigras fight it out for as long as they wants too.

I dont see where point 6 is actually done. Mind showing?

Probably the best post in several pages.

Let the fools have their duel and then part ways.

You quoted Goby there as I mentioned, but you failed to quote 519 Nigras....

You were correct, he never agreed to a 1v1.

If the OP doesn't mind. We'll just have fun for 7 days, regroup, take inventory and do it again if he so pleases.

Seems to me he was perfectly OK with this.

edit:

edit: My thanks to Xavii for the cliffnotes. :wub:

Hey, I know these threads are kinda teal deer. ;)

Edited by Xavii

Nigras was perfectly ok with it until circumstances changed. I do not feel feel like saying what they are here but the private parties know what I am talking about.

He &#33;@#&#036; his pants? He ate a Burrito? He watched the telly? He played a game a of craps?

Your post is useless without actually giving any information.

Edited by Sitethief

He &#33;@#&#036; his pants? He ate a Burrito? He watched the telly? He played a game a of craps?

Your post is useless without actually giving any information.

"Circumstances have changed, they don't concern you, so expect things to go down differently than what you were expecting".

I would say thats actually a pretty useful heads-up. And moreover, tLC werent the ones who started this thread, so it's not like they're under any obligation doing things for your benefit anyway :awesome:

O/ FOK!

I forgot to make flags with the kids.... They made some paintings from cake's though! :D

Anyways:

To: 519 Nigras From: Denniswerf Date: 9/22/2009 11:57:36 PM

Subject: Peace Offer

Message: A peace offer has been submitted by Denniswerf for the reason of: tLC and FOK agreement

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.

Edited by Denniswerf