Vanguard Edict

Rafael Nadal

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pity, because OUT so clearly represented the ability to cooperate despite disagreement.

In short, this marks the end of the era that no matter your opinion, you could be part of the Orange community. Now, the question is if such a community is necessary for cooperation, but at least it's clear that we're not going to have that anymore. We shall see what this brave new future for Orange brings.

It was for a big part the fault of your alliance and that of IRON (but the latter don't have a mind of their own). Your convulsive struggle to keep TOP in the senate seat no matter what, is now backfiring. You are destroying the unity and stability of the sphere! If roles were turned, I wonder how TOP would have felt. It is always easy to see OUT as a pact that no matter what happens people support each other. But that is just your perspective because you are the one that benefits from it the most.

My firm believe is that each sphere should have an open senate race. Let the alliances cooperate how they like in order to get a senate seat. If that means that smaller alliances work together and boot a big alliance out, that is fine in my opinion.

Edited by kriekfreak

It was for a big part the fault of your alliance and that of IRON (but the latter don't have a mind of their own). Your convulsive struggle to keep TOP in the senate seat no matter what, is now backfiring. You are destroying the unity and stability of the sphere! If roles were turned, I wonder how TOP would have felt. It is always easy to see OUT as a pact that no matter what happens people support each other. But that is just your perspective because you are the one that benefits from it the most.

My firm believe is that each sphere should have an open senate race. Let the alliances cooperate how they like in order to get a senate seat. If that means that smaller alliances work together and boot a big alliance out, that is fine in my opinion.

Logical...If TOP had a senate seat it would be. :o

Doesn't that argument somehow fall to the ground when it is currently FOK, RnR and IRON holding the senate seats?

For reference: Orange Senate

- Matt Miller (IRON)

- MikeTheFirst (iFOK)

- PinKstA (RnR)

An interesting move. Colour unity treaties are a very symbolic thing, and to leave one is to say that you don't care for the symbolism of unity, and by extension working with alliances on your colour that are not already your allies. I have always been a strong supporter of colour unity (on both Green and Aqua) and were this on my colour, it would sadden me.

A pity, because OUT so clearly represented the ability to cooperate despite disagreement.

In short, this marks the end of the era that no matter your opinion, you could be part of the Orange community. Now, the question is if such a community is necessary for cooperation, but at least it's clear that we're not going to have that anymore. We shall see what this brave new future for Orange brings.

I don't consider an NAP to be the center of the Orange Community. And if OUT is really indicative of everything Orange, I'm not exactly fully proud of being lumped in with the rest of Orange.

Please tell me the last thing that was successfully coordinated through OUT. If I remember correctly, that last thing of any consequence that was decided and acted upon was the attack on GLOF. There has been nothing economic about OUT at all. We almost got a little tidbit with the last trade idea, but, predictably, that never really got started.

OUT has the stench of general apathy of the signatories pervading it (which included Vanguard).

To be fair, the Senate agreement is through a separate treaty from OUT. However, this only detracts from OUT, as it strips from it a legitimate reason of remaining a signatory.

Edit: But that's not to say there hasn't been disagreement over how to officially rotate the Senate seats.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

I don't know anything about OUT, but I know I like Vanguard, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that this was the best decision.

Having personally spearheaded a colour unity campaign, only to see it dissolve around me, I understand how frustrating the issues of colour unity can be. Best of luck to everyone.

For reference: Orange Senate

- Matt Miller (IRON)

- MikeTheFirst (iFOK)

- PinKstA (RnR)

An interesting move. Colour unity treaties are a very symbolic thing, and to leave one is to say that you don't care for the symbolism of unity, and by extension working with alliances on your colour that are not already your allies. I have always been a strong supporter of colour unity (on both Green and Aqua) and were this on my colour, it would sadden me.

If I really thought this treaty stood for color unity, then I doubt this announcement would be made.

Doesn't that argument somehow fall to the ground when it is currently FOK, RnR and IRON holding the senate seats?

Not really. It was primary TOP that didn't want to have an open senate or an OUT roulation system. This is also the first time you guys gave your seat to someone else (correct me if I'm wrong). The fact remains that you only trust IRON, FOK and to a lesser extent ODN in the senate race apart from yourself. Or are you gonna deny that?

There has been nothing economic about OUT at all. We almost got a little tidbit with the last trade idea, but, predictably, that never really got started.

Rafa, you should perhaps recall which alliance it was that prevented that last trade idea, FWIW.

I'm saddened by this because I had put a lot of time into OUT recently and into getting the economic side working, but it seems that isn't going to happen with every Orange alliance now.

If I really thought this treaty stood for color unity, then I doubt this announcement would be made.

the OUT stands for the ability to have disparate opinions living peacefully side by side. It does little as it cannot be unified as, say, BLEU was because its ability to have 10 opinions is, to me, its strength.

Of course, some more economic initiatives could occur, but the treaty itself is mostly a symbol. And seeing symbols fail is a pity, because it symbolised something I consider good.

Not really. It was primary TOP that didn't want to have an open senate or an OUT roulation system. This is also the first time you guys gave your seat to someone else (correct me if I'm wrong). The fact remains that you only trust IRON, FOK and to a lesser extent ODN in the senate race apart from yourself. Or are you gonna deny that?

Why yes, yes I do.

Rafa, you should perhaps recall which alliance it was that prevented that last trade idea, FWIW.

I'm saddened by this because I had put a lot of time into OUT recently and into getting the economic side working, but it seems that isn't going to happen with every Orange alliance now.

Who prevented it from coming to fruition? Certainly wasn't RnR. And I wasn't deriding just one alliance with that comment, but rather the whole treaty. As I've said, that would have been the only economic aspect of the treaty, and due to my healthy amount of skepticism regarding this treaty, it was completely unsurprising to myself to watch that proposal fall through.

the OUT stands for the ability to have disparate opinions living peacefully side by side. It does little as it cannot be unified as, say, BLEU was because its ability to have 10 opinions is, to me, its strength.

Of course, some more economic initiatives could occur, but the treaty itself is mostly a symbol. And seeing symbols fail is a pity, because it symbolised something I consider good.

I'm sure we can coexist peacefully, maintaining our divergent opinions, without OUT.

I'm sure we can coexist peacefully, maintaining our divergent opinions, without OUT.

I'm sure we can, but saying you can no longer sign onto a treaty that says effectively just that is surprising.

I'm sure we can, but saying you can no longer sign onto a treaty that says effectively just that is surprising.

Let's go back to the hours and days before the Karma war actually started. What was the initial thought about who would attack Ordo Verde? IRON and TORN. Why? Because that would keep Vanguard out initially, using OUT as some sort of shield. And it's that type of thinking, that I refuse to sign onto. Unity? :lol1:

Then you are either misinformed, not in the know or a liar.

For one, look at the current senate again. There is still another alliance that we apparently don't trust in the senate. We have discussed and offered many more.

I'm surprised you know more about our internal affairs than we do.

Keep on pluggin though, you might get one right, eventually. <_<

Peace...I'm out of this thread, sorry to see you leave OUT Vanguard.

Best wishes.