Pro-Piracy Act of 2009

salithus

You are in an alliance. We are talking about people who aren't, who have no community they are in. So, your argument about your negates the rest of whatever you wrote because I stopped reading. Really, quit making stupid points that have nothing to do with the topic of:

GOONS encourage nations to explore the options of war and reward those willing to take those risks.

I know that you are talking about people who are not in an alliance. My post doesn't actually mention alliances in any way. Also, even if that was true, it still does not negate my point about the defender not knowing about his/her actual opportunities. I think most nations were probably unaligned for a week or two before they joined an alliance or [ooc] deleted [/ooc]. I was unaligned for at least three weeks before joining an alliance. If you had attacked me in that period, I would have probably quit and not become useful. Again, whether a person is in an alliance or not, he/she does not need to be in a conflict to be useful.

Also, you should still address my last remark, which had nothing to do with being in an alliance. You should also respond to my other post:

"

Says the guy doing a whole lot of talking. We are rewarding people for having a pair. I know that's something you are unfamiliar with, but give it time, they'll grow on you.

Having a pair? :huh: A small nation who knows your program can intentionally attack a bigger prey knowing that you will back him up and force the other nation to cease attacking him. How can that be considered "having a pair"?

"

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone offering you money to do something is coercion? I suggest you stop coercing your grocery clerks.

You might want to make points that make sense.

Talk to Valhalla about how much fun they make out of counting up soldier deaths. Just because you're afraid of a little blood does not mean everyone is scared of it.

And how are experienced players comparable to new ones who are trying to get a firm footing without first getting kicked in the face?

You are in an alliance. We are talking about people who aren't, who have no community they are in. So, your argument about your negates the rest of whatever you wrote because I stopped reading. Really, quit making stupid points that have nothing to do with the topic of:

And 80% of nations are unaligned when they first start off and look for a community from there.

And you might want to read it all before resorting to petty comments.

It's profitable for Umbrella to attack you (delicious tech). I suggest you declare on them before they get the chance.

If you think I'd be a profitable target, well ... lol.

GOONS encourage nations to explore the options of war and reward those willing to take those risks.

See, I don't really see this as encouraging people to take risks. I see this as encouraging people to take part in mini-curbstomps. Getting involved in a 3v1 with an alliance throwing foreign aid after you is not taking risks.

Says the guy who already stated in this thread he intends to use "might makes right" to force us to change this policy. Moral high ground indeed.

I merely stated that when the time comes I will defend the oppressed from the tyrants.

so because someone else doesn't prescribe to your moral guidelines (which you have yet to reveal) they are wrong?

My words by mere definition are truth.

You might want to make points that make sense.

And how are experienced players comparable to new ones who are trying to get a firm footing without first getting kicked in the face?

And 80% of nations are unaligned when they first start off and look for a community from there.

And you might want to read it all before resorting to petty comments.

a nation first starting off will hardly be dented from war. any alliance that they may join, thats worth its salt, will have great aid programs available for the nation. Furthermore, out of the 20+ alliance messages these new nations get, they can surely find one to join, if indeed thats what they want.

My words by mere definition are truth.

so what this boils down to is, you're stroking your own ego? good to know.

Edited by elborrador

Hmm. Decided you needed more enemies, the planet a little too friendly for you eh?

I still have enough respect for you to expect there will be relatively little bawwing about the predictable consequences, so I'll just say good luck with this. 

a nation first starting off will hardly be dented from war. any alliance that they may join, thats worth its salt, will have great aid programs available for the nation. Furthermore, out of the 20+ alliance messages these new nations get, they can surely find one to join, if indeed thats what they want.

Most alliances will not accept a nation that is under attack from an established alliance.

How would you expect the new player to know that? Hell, when I first joined given how much little infrastructure I could buy with my initial 50k, I thought 1000 infrastructure was a lot.

Yes, war is built into the game. Yes you are your own sovereign alliance and can do whatever the hell you wish. But think for a minute,

What will this actually give you. Raider nations who most likely don't know how to deal with someone who is fighting back against them. If they need help in attacking someone, then why do you want someone like that in your alliance, but they just come to you whining and say "booohooo, i raided this guy, and he fought back, help me beat him down please."

And then there's the nation who is being raided, who will most likely get annoyed with people raiding him, and doesn't know all that much about alliances. If you just beat him down extra, he will most likely leave the game, losing a potential valuable player in the game.

so just think about this again, what does it gain you, and what possibilities are you losing.

I know that you are talking about people who are not in an alliance. My post doesn't actually mention alliances in any way. Also, even if that was true, it still does not negate my point about the defender not knowing about his/her actual opportunities. I think most nations were probably unaligned for a week or two before they joined an alliance or [ooc] deleted [/ooc]. I was unaligned for at least three weeks before joining an alliance. If you had attacked me in that period, I would have probably quit and not become useful. Again, whether a person is in an alliance or not, he/she does not need to be in a conflict to be useful.

Also, you should still address my last remark, which had nothing to do with being in an alliance. You should also respond to my other post:

"

Having a pair? :huh: A small nation who knows your program can intentionally attack a bigger prey knowing that you will back him up and force the other nation to cease attacking him. How can that be considered "having a pair"?

"

You are in an alliance. Any experience of yours is irrelevant when discussing alliances, because you have already found the benefit of a community to participate in. Then again, if you had quit we would have fewer worthless posts on this board and, with luck, whoever we supported in attacking you would have had something worthwhile to contribute.

In regards to your question with the obvious answer - do you even know who we are? If some scrub attacks another, we're offering aid if we feel like it. That means if he should win the fight and is asking for support that he shouldn't actually need, we're more likely to offer aid to the other guy in a REVERSAL OF FORTUNE. This isn't a handout to anyone who wants cash, this is for those that really want to take advantage of the CyberPewPewPew hemisphere and push the envelope there. tl;dr: You have to impress us to get money from us, and being a whiny mooch isn't impressive.

How would you expect the new player to know that? Hell, when I first joined given how much little infrastructure I could buy with my initial 50k, I thought 1000 infrastructure was a lot.

You probably didn't get any of the hundreds of recruitment PMs explaining it because they could tell from your posting they wouldn't want you in their alliance.

Most alliances will not accept a nation that is under attack from an established alliance.

those very same alliances will usually do 1 of 2 things as well. 1. they will see if they can help this nation get peace or 2. they will tell the nation to re-apply in 7 days, or whenever the wars expire. what it boils down to is that young nations are hardly effected by being raided at all.

It becomes a problem when you get the larger nations, who either expect to get raided, or know how to go about finding peace for themselves. Some of them are also unaligned, simply to whoop on unsuspecting tech raiders, soo....

its called a good recruiting department. if the nation can't comprehend the message they are sent, then either they need to read it slower, or the recruiter needs a better message. A lot of alliances still promise some sort of start up aid in their recruitment messages, that will SEEM like a lot of money to new nations as well, so that kinda makes your point moot.

Edited by elborrador

In regards to your question with the obvious answer - do you even know who we are? If some scrub attacks another, we're offering aid if we feel like it.

That contradicts the OP.

SECTION 6. AID.

Small and/or new unaligned nations who have joined the GOONS for aid under this act will receive $1,000,000 in aid; separate from all other sources of aid; and shall have two nations within GOONS of comparable force declare war on the belligerent nation in which they seek protection from. In no way does the request for assistance in destruction of the oppressed nation require the admission to GOONS.

Note the usage of the word "shall." It's not "if we feel like it" - you're committing yourself to both sending military aid in the form of two additional nations and financial aid as well.

those very same alliances will usually do 1 of 2 things as well. 1. they will see if they can help this nation get peace or 2. they will tell the nation to re-apply in 7 days, or whenever the wars expire. what it boils down to is that young nations are hardly effected by being raided at all.

It becomes a problem when you get the larger nations, who either expect to get raided, or know how to go about finding peace for themselves. Some of them are also unaligned, simply to whoop on unsuspecting tech raiders, soo....

For what it's worth, we have had a total of two types of responses come out of our own raiding adventures:

Response 1 - Some scrub from whatever alliance the pubbie applied to sends PMs to members of GOONS ordering them to stand down, before talking to anyone else in GOONS about the situation.

Response 2 - The pubbie attacked came to our boards and said "Man, I want to learn to do to other nations what you guys just did to me! That was fun!"

Guess which response worked out best!

That contradicts the OP.

Note the usage of the word "shall." It's not "if we feel like it" - you're committing yourself to both sending military aid in the form of two additional nations and financial aid as well.

You really should read that clause, and about if they join GOONS or not. Just because you attack someone doesn't mean you get a free hallway pass.

E AGAIN: Countdown until those ranting about our "stand down" message and supportive attacks realize that's only if the pubbie applies to and is accepted to GOONS. Kinda makes you look foolish and too eager to whine about GOONS instead of actually reading the OP huh? :)

Edited by salithus

I think most of the people posting here missed this gem

This thread is clearly a parody. While they may very well intend on meeting it to the letter, it seems like a joke to me. Not a great one, but not the worst I've seen. And I have a soft spot in my heart for parodies.

I think most of the people posting here missed this gem

This thread is clearly a parody. While they may very well intend on meeting it to the letter, it seems like a joke to me. Not a great one, but not the worst I've seen. And I have a soft spot in my heart for parodies.

Welp, to be clear - it started off in our .gov forums as parody, but this really is a policy of ours, else I would have posted it in another forum. The CyberPewPewPew hemisphere needs more people.

Bah. I am disgusted by this love of "lulz" and return to the spirit of the Unjust Path. Well, rest assured people, soon enough you'll see that it isn't all fun and flowers. That is my warning to you, and as soon as you take off your rose-tinted glasses you will realize how right I am. I worked to destroy alliances like this in the past, and I can only be assured by the knowledge that this is only a passing phase. Soon enough GOONS (2nd), Bel Air, and Poison Clan will be footnotes in history.

With that I depart and shall rest. But do not forget the words I have said here today, and do not forget the actions of these brigands. What they are doing is something that is intolerable and utterly deplorable. But justice will be served my friends. I shall see to it. For now, however, I bid you all adieu.

Bah. I am disgusted by this love of "lulz" and return to the spirit of the Unjust Path. Well, rest assured people, soon enough you'll see that it isn't all fun and flowers. That is my warning to you, and as soon as you take off your rose-tinted glasses you will realize how right I am. I worked to destroy alliances like this in the past, and I can only be assured by the knowledge that this is only a passing phase. Soon enough GOONS (2nd), Bel Air, and Poison Clan will be footnotes in history.

With that I depart and shall rest. But do not forget the words I have said here today, and do not forget the actions of these brigands. What they are doing is something that is intolerable and utterly deplorable. But justice will be served my friends. I shall see to it. For now, however, I bid you all adieu.

You really can't throw GOONS into the same category as Bel Air and expect us to maintain any semblance of respect for your categorization skills there RV. There is a huge difference between the two.

One is an alliance with some lulz.

The other is a joke.

I'll let you figure out which is which.

please destroy this alliance too, http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...ce=Murder%20Inc. i hate them they are mean and do things like raid unaligned nations :(

Rebel Virginia please be my hero

Well...

Have you actually gone through this process, or are you just speaking according to your beliefs about what happens? I've actually worked to help get new nations peace, and it's nowhere near as automatic as you appear to believe.

You really should read that clause, and about if they join GOONS or not. Just because you attack someone doesn't mean you get a free hallway pass.

With all due respect, that's actually what it says.

The leaders of the requesting nation may join GOONS at any time of there choosing, even if in the middle of the war, upon that time all aid to that nation would increase, and GOONS nations who are at war with the oppressed nation will immediately redouble their efforts in destruction.

It says here they can join anytime they want.

Maybe this is just a case of bad drafting though.

You clearly know nothing about us or our methods if you choose to associate the "L" word with us. Goodbye.

Edit: snipe

Edited by Sardonic