Anti-Piracy Act of 2009

kamino

As the new Minister of Foreign Affairs it is my privilege to present the Anti-Piracy Act of 2009 which was passed with overwhelming support.

Anti-Piracy Act

D.L. 0906

IN PARLIAMENT

August 15, 2009

AN ACT

Sponsor(s) Barron Von Hammer

providing for the consideration of the bill (D.L. 0906) Anti-Piracy Act

SECTION 1. TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘The Anti-Piracy Act of 2009’

SECTION 2. TABLE OF CONTENTS.

The table of contents of this Act is as follows:

Sec. 1. Short Title.

Sec. 2. Table of contents.

Sec. 3. Purpose.

Sec. 5. Criteria.

Sec. 6. Non-Obligatory.

Sec. 7. Aid.

Sec. 8. Warnings.

Sec. 9. Wartime Circumstances.

SECTION 3. PURPOSE.

The Democratic Open Community (DOC) finds the practice of attacking new, unaligned nations for the purpose of gaining Technology, Land and money (raiding), to be a particularly deplorable act. As such, the DOC seeks three goals; to hamper these operations; as a possible source of recruitment; to further build a good reputation among other alliances of planet Bob.

SECTION 4. CRITERIA.

Small and/or new, unaligned nations on planet bob who are being attacked by other small and/or new nations who are unaligned on planet Bob are eligible for protection from the DOC under this bill.

SECTION 5. NON-OBLIGATORY.

Nations coming into the DOC are under no obligation to remain in the DOC. The leaders of the requesting nation may leave the DOC at any time of there choosing, even if in the middle of the war, upon that time all aid to that nation would stop, and DOC nations who are at war with the belligerent nation will immediately send peace offers and cease all attacks.

SECTION 6. AID.

Small and/or new unaligned nations who have joined the DOC for protection under this act will receive $1,000,000 in aid; separate from all other sources of aid; and shall have two nations within the DOC of comparable force declare war on the belligerent nation in which they seek protection from.

SECTION 7. WARNINGS

Upon the time of the application of the unaligned nation joining the DOC under this act; a warning message will be sent to the belligerent nation; from the Minister of Defense; stating that they are now attacking a member of the DOC and are to cease all further military action against the said nation; the belligerent nation will have 24 hours from the time of message submission to cease military action.

SECTION 8. AUTHORITY.

Upon the submission of the warning message from the Minister of Defense (MoD), the MoD shall also send prepatory messages to those nations he seeks to come to the aid of the said nation, to prepare them for military action should the warning to the belligerent be ignored, and to the Minister of Economics (MoE); to prepare him to send economic aid to the said nation and those preparing for military operations.

SECTION 9. WARTIME CIRCUMSTANCES.

When the DOC is at a state of war with another alliance, this bill shall be suspended until the completion of that war.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accepting unaligneds at war, wasting resources to get them peace, and then allowing them to leave seems like a waste of time and money to me. Aren't you worried what a revolving door policy will do to the morale of your community?

I was thinking exactly this. I can't honestly say that I think this is a good move.

Accepting unaligneds at war, wasting resources to get them peace, and then allowing them to leave seems like a waste of time and money to me. Aren't you worried what a revolving door policy will do to the morale of your community?

If they get out with a good opinion of the alliance, it'll improve the alliance's image externally and internally, make the members happier and consequently improve the morale.

And i'd say that protecting the unaligned from the unaligned is a win/win situation, so I classify this as a good move.

Nicely done.

and what are you going to do if the "pirates" don't want to give that nation peace? cause i guarantee that any alliance worth their salt is going to be pretty pissed off if you attack them b/c you accepted a nation at war. in fact they might find that...an act of war. I for one will not be ceasing my raiding activities.

If they get out with a good opinion of the alliance, it'll improve the alliance's image externally and internally, make the members happier and consequently improve the morale.

And i'd say that protecting the unaligned from the unaligned is a win/win situation, so I classify this as a good move.

Nicely done.

^this^ I agree with

DOC is a young alliance but a very good one that will succeed in the Game. I personally wish them nothing but Luck in the future

o/ DOC

and what are you going to do if the "pirates" don't want to give that nation peace? cause i guarantee that any alliance worth their salt is going to be pretty pissed off if you attack them b/c you accepted a nation at war. in fact they might find that...an act of war. I for one will not be ceasing my raiding activities.
SECTION 4. CRITERIA.

Small and/or new, unaligned nations on planet bob who are being attacked by other small and/or new nations who are unaligned on planet Bob are eligible for protection from the DOC under this bill.

That wouldnt be a problem cause they will only protect from unaligned

That wouldnt be a problem cause they will only protect from unaligned

yeah i just noticed that. apparently i can't read when i first wake up :wacko:

still think this causes more troubles than its worht, but i no longer have any qualms with it, good luck enforcing it guys.

yeah i just noticed that. apparently i can't read when i first wake up :wacko:

Haha, I misread it as well. Unaligneds protected from other unaligneds....kind of silly, if you ask me. I guess it's a decent recruitment tactic.

Good luck with this. Hopefully if some young nations get their fingers burned while tech raiding early in their careers they'll learn some civility.

Yeah! :mad:

Edited by nippy

This is an interesting recruitment tactic, though I don't doubt that others have tried it in the past and ultimately given up on it due to the complications and frustration inherent to protecting new nations.

Good luck anyway on this venture. I'm sure you'll be writing in some amendments along the way.

I can see this backfiring badly if a much bigger alliance were to be raiding someone you accept.

It's been said before, and it was also in the announcement that you apparently didn't read too well, that they will be protecting only those who are being raided by unaligned nations. Not aligned nations.

Edited by Asriel Belacqua