Pro-Piracy Act of 2009

salithus

RV - wow. "Yeah I have a pair, but I didn't think to bring them with me." Really, you're conceding so soon?

No, I still have them. And rest assured, I am merely bidding my time, due mainly because as of the moment I cannot be bothered to commit to a lengthy campaign against you. But one day, one day I shall. And then you shall pay for this and any other insult against me.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the guy doing a whole lot of talking. We are rewarding people for having a pair. I know that's something you are unfamiliar with, but give it time, they'll grow on you.

Having a pair? :huh: A small nation who knows your program can intentionally attack a bigger prey knowing that you will back him up and force the other nation to cease attacking him. How can that be considered "having a pair"?

One small nation with a lot of aid attacks an unaligned smaller nation with no aid. That is bullying.

And as for my word use, I did not believe that "raiding" does not describe your actions accurately since you would support any attack, regardless of the reason. I am not slanting my word choice. Do you disagree that what you are encouraging is not bullying?

You're forcing a small nation with no ties to submit to your power and let his/her nation be pounded to the earth.

Also, I thought that was the point of this act; to say that "we're cool because we like to bully smaller nations".

Maybe you should learn what bullying is before you try to use it in a sentence? I mean, you did go out of your way to pick that particular word. Then you went on to try and add on to our policies of your own accord. I mean, I get that maybe you don't understand how words work, what with your sig vs your posts in this thread, but at some point you need to draw a line for yourself and realize your own limitations.

@RV - "No really, I'll bring them out next week!" Put up or shut up.

Maybe you should learn what bullying is before you try to use it in a sentence? I mean, you did go out of your way to pick that particular word. Then you went on to try and add on to our policies of your own accord. I mean, I get that maybe you don't understand how words work, what with your sig vs your posts in this thread, but at some point you need to draw a line for yourself and realize your own limitations.

"Bullying is the act of intentionally causing harm to others, through verbal harassment, physical assault, or other more subtle methods of coercion such as manipulation."

ooc: from wikipedia

How does this contradict my previous assertions?

EDIT: Took out the [ooc] links because they may be ooc material [/ooc]

Edited by kulomascovia

@RV - "No really, I'll bring them out next week!" Put up or shut up.

So here you are resorting to the "do something about it" technique. That worked out so well for the NPO. But no, my current inability to do anything is of no consequence. Judge me by what I say and not the things I do. For my words are no less the truth than ever.

GOONS, I don't necessarily agree with this but it's your alliance so make your own decisions. Everyone, look at the bright sidee here. We don't have to see those annonying posts about people wanting to see the old GOONS, as much. :P

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

"Bullying is the act of intentionally causing harm to others, through verbal harassment, physical assault, or other more subtle methods of coercion such as manipulation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

How does this contradict my previous assertions?

You used Wikipedia as a source? Really? How about a real dictionary:

bully - verb (bullies, bullied) intimidate [source: http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/bully_1 ]

intimidate - verb frighten or overawe, especially so as to coerce into doing something [source: http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/intimidate ]

Things to learn from this - first, anyone in acadamia knows that use Wikipedia is not a source, second, words have meanings and connotations that are pretty important. It's a pretty far stretch to go from "attack" to "attack in an effort to coerce into doing something", but that's par for posters around here I suppose.

@RV - Is your mouse broken? I did not realize you couldn't click on the "Declare War" button any more. Goondolences.

@ET - ilu2 <3

You used Wikipedia as a source? Really? How about a real dictionary:

bully - verb (bullies, bullied) intimidate [source: http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/bully_1 ]

intimidate - verb frighten or overawe, especially so as to coerce into doing something [source: http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/intimidate ]

Things to learn from this - first, anyone in acadamia knows that use Wikipedia is not a source, second, words have meanings and connotations that are pretty important. It's a pretty far stretch to go from "attack" to "attack in an effort to coerce into doing something", but that's par for posters around here I suppose.

[ooc] From your link:

bully1

• noun (pl. bullies) a person who deliberately intimidates or persecutes those who are weaker.

• verb (bullies, bullied) intimidate.

[/ooc]

So, are you not an alliance who deliberately persecutes weaker nations? Are you not a bully (by the definition you provided)?

Furthermore, you are intentionally tipping the favor to the attacker by not only providing aid to the attacker but also forcing the defender to cease attacks, thus making the war unfair. How does this make your move "commendable"? The defender gets ruined, takes some time to recover at most or deletes his nation at worst.

@RV - Is your mouse broken? I did not realize you couldn't click on the "Declare War" button any more. Goondolences.

I happen to be in an alliance and under orders. In addition I do look forward to having nukes soon enough. Maybe after then I'll give you a call, or two, or maybe even three if I'm feeling generous. But how about you try morally justifying this nonsense instead of egging on people to do something? Just because nobody stops you from committing a crime does not mean it is morally right for you to have done it.

[ooc] From your link:

bully1

• noun (pl. bullies) a person who deliberately intimidates or persecutes those who are weaker.

[/ooc]

So, are you not an alliance who deliberately persecutes weaker nations? Are you not a bully (by the definition you provided)?

Furthermore, you are intentionally tipping the favor to the attacker by not only providing aid to the attacker but also forcing the defender to cease attacks, thus making the war unfair. How does this make your move "commendable"? The defender gets ruined, takes some time to recover at most or deletes his nation at worst.

[ooc]It's only a game. Do they really hurt them? No. They take pixels away. Not that bad. It's just another part of the game for better or for worse.[/ooc]

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

It's only a game. Do they really hurt them? No. They take pixels away. Not that bad. It's just another part of the game for better or for worse.

True but I'm asking what makes this move so commendable; all it does is encourage unfairness in small scale wars. Also, [ooc] this act may very well cause more people to leave the game. This act may not only hurt admin but may cause the growth of CN to stagnate [/ooc]

Edited by kulomascovia

[ooc] From your link:

bully1

[/ooc]

You're going to keep trying and rewriting our policies for us? We appreciate the gesture, but we have our policy-writing well in hand. "Persecute"? What part of a 7-day, at most, war is "prolonged"? What player completely got ruined from one raid? Our policy is simple - people are using half of our world 90% of the time here - the CyberPixelFarming hemisphere. We are rewarding those who are willing to venture into the CyberPewPewPew hemisphere early on in their nation's development in order to make sure that they get a taste of the full posibilities of the game, not the limited options that obnoxious wannabe e-lawyers, like yourself, have left them with. So yes, enjoying the world wholly is commendable. Due to the poor choices of the alliances that have led the world before us, it can be a terrifying prospect to venture to the CyberPewPewPew hemisphere, so we are offering them a measure of support as they get their legs underneath themselves.

@RV - Oh, so it's your "Alliance Affiliation" button that's broken. I had an aunt come down with that one time, took her months to feel like herself again. (tl;dr: More excuses? Wow.)

Edited by salithus

@RV - Oh, so it's your "Alliance Affiliation" button that's broken. I had an aunt come down with that one time, took her months to feel like herself again. (tl;dr: More excuses? Wow.)

Or how about you just give me a moral and philosophical justification for this brigandage? I am not a man of violence. Not when I can get my point across peacefully, with words. And that I fully intend to accomplish here.