Pro-Piracy Act of 2009

salithus

I guess we could say the same thing about you, except for the part about original material (which you never had).

Well I do have my groupies such as yourself. My material must be ok. I am glad to see you out here supporting your love of GOONS and all things tech raiding though. I think you and Bel Air would be nice fit since you appear to be stealing their material.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, because you actually actually like to address points and not flirt with the poster you ace poster you?

If you're going to attack try not to violate your own line of argument while doing so. Let me get us back on track, we're talking about unaligned players, those who have no access to such things.

no access to such things as alliance recruitment messages?

When forming GOONS, I was unaligned for a period of around 24 hours an had a message in my bio saying I was not looking for an alliance. I got 24 messages from different alliances asking me to join and explaining the benefits of being aligned. The only excuse I had for being unaligned at that point was that I wanted to be so and to a degree accepted the political reality of being so.

The omnipresence of alliance recruitment messages is enough to essentially mean that those who aren't aligned are those who either wish to be so, haven't found the right alliance yet, or haven't yet understood why being in an alliance is a positive thing when it comes to your nation's security. If nothing else, being raided will act as an object lesson in this regard.

Well I do have my groupies such as yourself. My material must be ok. I am glad to see you out here supporting your love of GOONS and all things tech raiding though. I think you and Bel Air would be nice fit since you appear to be stealing their material.

I welcomed you back in your 'hey, look at me' thread, and now you're here in our thread insulting someone who has been vocally against the policy this thread refers to. Quit it.

no access to such things as alliance recruitment messages?

When forming GOONS, I was unaligned for a period of around 24 hours an had a message in my bio saying I was not looking for an alliance. I got 24 messages from different alliances asking me to join and explaining the benefits of being aligned. The only excuse I had for being unaligned at that point was that I wanted to be so and to a degree accepted the political reality of being so.

The omnipresence of alliance recruitment messages is enough to essentially mean that those who aren't aligned are those who either wish to be so, haven't found the right alliance yet, or haven't yet understood why being in an alliance is a positive thing when it comes to your nation's security. If nothing else, being raided will act as an object lesson in this regard.

So "they should know better and if they don't we will teach them" how very noble of you to bring such education to the uninformed or ignorant masses.

Post ITT So Far

Summing up this thread for those who don't want to read the first 7 pages. Maybe we could play a bingo game or something where you pick a random page and fill in your bingo card based on the type of post?

• :mellow:Ahem, this is the OP.
  • :lol1:Hahah great joke! It is a joke right?
  • ^_^This is why I loved the old GOONS!
  • :oThis isn't fair!!! BAWWWW!
  • <_<You sir, are an immoral $@!. Your comeuppance will...um...come.
  • :DPosting in an epic thread so everyone knows about me.
  • )): This is why $ALLIANCENAME failed.
  • :unsure:salithus makes fun of me so it only follows that he must be angry.
  • :v:Voting 5, goonsir.
  • :war:420 RAID UNALIGNEDS EVERY DAY

I also love how the word filter spells out "sal" all pretty like. And I do feel pretty. Did I leave anyone out? I know your efeelings can be very delicate.

We need more spice in CN these days. I'm glad GOONS can be that spice again <3

Now, let's get FAN back in here and it'll be a party like no other... except the one that came before it.

This isn't spice, this is an attempt to spit in the face of a smaller, less connected alliance by openly mocking them because they know they can't do anything about it. It is a flash in the pan thread that doesn't really add anything of worth to the political climate or make anything more interesting than it already was.

Maybe if GOONS had mocked an alliance like NSO like this it would add spice, this is just bland and a little sad.

Edited by KingSrqt

STA raids and they're arguably their closest ally, soooo....

Just so everyone knows, not everyone in STA gov agrees with the fact that we allow tech raiding and some of us have lobbied Tyga to get rid of it =)

This isn't spice, this is an attempt to spit in the face of a smaller, less connected alliance by openly mocking them because they know they can't do anything about it. It is a flash in the pan thread that doesn't really add anything of worth to the political climate or make anything mor einteresting than it already was.

Maybe if GOONS had mocked an alliance like NSO like this it would add spice, this is just bland and a little sad.

^this

Also

Post ITT So Far

Summing up this thread for those who don't want to read the first 7 pages. Maybe we could play a bingo game or something where you pick a random page and fill in your bingo card based on the type of post?

• :mellow:Ahem, this is the OP.
  • :lol1:Hahah great joke! It is a joke right?
  • ^_^This is why I loved the old GOONS!
  • :oThis isn't fair!!! BAWWWW!
  • <_<You sir, are an immoral $@!. Your comeuppance will...um...come.
  • :DPosting in an epic thread so everyone knows about me.
  • )): This is why $ALLIANCENAME failed.
  • :unsure:salithus makes fun of me so it only follows that he must be angry.
  • :v:Voting 5, goonsir.
  • :war:420 RAID UNALIGNEDS EVERY DAY

I also love how the word filter spells out "sal" all pretty like. And I do feel pretty. Did I leave anyone out? I know your efeelings can be very delicate.

You really, really, REALLY, need to work on your social skills. You're not doing yourself or your alliance any favors by appearing to be childish with posts like this. Again, there are legitimate concerns here; if you disagree with them, then that's fine but there's no need to mock and outright dismiss others like you've done.

And before you say "I don't care", at least one of your allies does. I know this because I'm quite close to them, probably closer than you are. Even if you truly believe that this policy is just and aren't just doing it just on a whim, there is no need to resort to childish behavior. I, and most others, expect more out of an alliance leader.

Your conduct through all of this is really the biggest disappointment.

Giving up the "we're different!" charade now, eh? I figured it was a matter of time.

So be it.

I wasn't aware we had claimed otherwise. We're a different group from the original, of course, but we're still Goons through and through.

Just so everyone knows, not everyone in STA gov agrees with the fact that we allow tech raiding and some of us have lobbied Tyga to get rid of it =)

^this

Also

You really, really, REALLY, need to work on your social skills. You're not doing yourself or your alliance any favors by appearing to be childish with posts like this. Again, there are legitimate concerns here; if you disagree with them, then that's fine but there's no need to mock and outright dismiss others like you've done.

And before you say "I don't care", at least one of your allies does. I know this because I'm quite close to them, probably closer than you are. Even if you truly believe that this policy is just and aren't just doing it just on a whim, there is no need to resort to childish behavior. I, and most others, expect more out of an alliance leader.

Your conduct through all of this is really the biggest disappointment.

tl;dr: You can't even get your own government to change their policies, yet are presumptuous enough to think you can both lecture me on the finer points of politicking and provide secret insight into the relationship between my alliance and her allies. So yes, "I don't care".

Ignorant statement on my part for sure then. -_-

However STA does have a very "humane" way of doing it. It's a simple raid and in fact they have a license to raid properly. GOONS is doing something a bit different and more "GOONish" per se.

Good luck I guess, I just hope you guys don't go off making the wrong people angry with you.

Your angst over raiding is delicious, AUT.

Allow me to be the first to offer my sincere thanks to the GOONS for doing something, anything, to breathe a little life into this world.

/unjust path, ascending

Our tech raiding is morally superior to your tech raiding emot-smug.gif

Morals are the worst. :gag:

Also hey Jedi lasersword dude, way to redirect to NSO, buddy. :awesome: What alliance are you in again? Oh yeah...not NSO. :v:

When an alliance posts a policy we disagree with, we let it be known, regardless of their size. Also, we're not the biggest alliance on Bob, not even close. Announcing one's intentions to put an end to raiding altogether is spitting in OUR face, and we responded in goon fashion.

I wasn't aware we had claimed otherwise. We're a different group from the original, of course, but we're still Goons through and through.
Who we aren't:

We aren't the old GOONS. We aren't trying to break the game. We weren't leadership in the old CN GOONS, and although those of us who were in GOONS fought hard for our alliance when they were at war, our fights were in-game and in-character.

So funny on so many levels.

You claimed it many times when you tried to join NOIR and when confronted with your past and questioned it you became childish in behavior and attitude. Thus, showing that you were no different than those before you. That you and many of the supporters of GOONS have so called claimed that you are "suppose" to be different.

This isn't a different GOONS this is the same GOONS, and I'm glad I'm being proved right with the games you want to play here.

To some of your allies that fought against the old GOONS and claim that the new GOONS are just that new, I hope they haven't become blinded with the game you're playing.

So funny on so many levels.

You disappoint me, Doitzel. You should know what claiming 'we're goons through and through' means. [ooc]You're a member of SA, after all, and posted in the CN recruitment thread on the SA boards.[/ooc] Spare the attempts to shun those you socialize with now that it's in public.

Was that Doitzel, or Dilber that posted. Regardless - I was never in the old GOONS, so it's kind of hard to be them. And as far as our allies, they've known me on many worlds and know this is par for the course. Kind of why they like me you might say. I mean, other than the fact that I am so pretty.

Was that Doitzel, or Dilber that posted. Regardless - I was never in the old GOONS, so it's kind of hard to be them. And as far as our allies, they've known me on many worlds and know this is par for the course. Kind of why they like me you might say. I mean, other than the fact that I am so pretty.

Oh god, you're right...I always got them confused. :facepalm:

Nevermind Doitzel, carry on.