CNRP Alternative?

Tom Litler

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know about previous attempts. What happened, exactly?

If enough people participate I do not see why it shouldn't succeed.

In pretty much all attempts, there was significant interest and participation in the beginning, but then people just stopped caring and they eventually died out.

I would like to get back into RPing but think these forums aren't the healthiest or most open place to hold the best type of nation RPing. Had similiar situation back on NS when I RPed in E2 and we ended up doing lots of the RPing off the original forums.

I do not know about previous attempts. What happened, exactly?

If enough people participate I do not see why it shouldn't succeed.

Inactivity killed them all unfortunately. The only one with a semblance of activity is CNRPH.
In pretty much all attempts, there was significant interest and participation in the beginning, but then people just stopped caring and they eventually died out.

This is pretty much true.

The previous spin-offs were CNRPR (R for Realism) and CNRPS (Spore, aka AEGIS). Then there was CNRPH (Heroes), where you were allowed to do Superheroes and Supervillains.

But if you can get this one working, more power to you! :)

Describe some of the rules, I'm certain that we would all like to know what you propose.

I hate to seem bitter about my little map dispute but I'd really like to introduce some sort of starting limit for the size of a nation or create some sort of ratio of in-game land to land to RP land.

I hate to seem bitter about my little map dispute but I'd really like to introduce some sort of starting limit for the size of a nation or create some sort of ratio of in-game land to land to RP land.

We have those rules. In CNRP, your first claim must be within your IG SoI. From there, you may expand, so long as it's properly RPed. Your problem is you had only one place in mind that you wanted and nowhere else, and it was already claimed, so you didn't join. That is the only reason why you're doing this, correct?

We have those rules. In CNRP, your first claim must be within your IG SoI. From there, you may expand, so long as it's properly RPed. Your problem is you had only one place in mind that you wanted and nowhere else, and it was already claimed, so you didn't join. That is the only reason why you're doing this, correct?

I'm also doing this because of the response I got from some people basically telling me to $%&@ off if I didn't like some things.

At the same time, I think that people who do not want to join CNRP but still want to RP should have the option of having another place to go where they will actually get others to play with them instead of being ignored or shouted at for doing something non-canon.

Edited by Tom Litler

IMO I'm getting more and more uninterested in CNRP myself; I'll hate/love the day when Diberia becomes a country again (yay, interaction with people that would not have lots of fun RP'ing with me but do so anyway). Thats one of the reasons why I've been trying to get Nations of Iowk out there and (soon) become another option to the monster-of-a-challenge that is CNRP.

Edited by JerreyRough

IMO I'm getting more and more uninterested in CNRP myself; I'll hate/love the day when Diberia becomes a country again (yay, interaction with people that would not have lots of fun RP'ing with me but do so anyway). Thats one of the reasons why I've been trying to get Nations of Iowk out there and (soon) become another option to the monster-of-a-challenge that is CNRP.

It's getting there. If you'd keep the thread active...