CNRP Alternative?

Tom Litler

It's getting there. If you'd keep the thread active...

Hey, can you blame a guy for being gone for 3 days then discovering that he had no internet for another 3 days?

EDIT: I gots internet now, so I'll start working on my RP'ers again. Sorry for the delay.

Edited by JerreyRough

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. I'm not playing your game.

It's a shame CNRP is basically the official way to RP since that leaves "unpopular" individuals like myself to be spat on.

Maybe I'll come back when it's actually properly controlled and isn't a "first come first serve" opportunity to be involved as the usual players sign up for a new round and grab massive swathes of land.

I can see why you want a CNRP alternative, it’s often not a very friendly community; moreover CNRP is an insider’s game and suffers from horrible elitism. I blame the map thread, I’ve been against it from the beginning, and it has turned out to be the source of all of our community’s problems. . . CNRP is great, the map thread is the real problem.

The real reason nothing else has caught on is because of the investment everyone has put into CNRP; their characters, history, plotlines, role-playing, and time - no one (including myself) is willing to abandon that. The effort it takes to play multiple nations across several continuities doesn’t help.

Edited by Generalissimo

The real reason nothing else has caught on is because of the investment everyone has put into CNRP; their characters, history, plotlines, role-playing, and time - no one (including myself) is willing to abandon that. The effort it takes to play multiple nations across several continuities doesn’t help.

There's a good chance that the amount of time ive spent editing my wiki needs to be measured it weeks

• 3 weeks later...

How about an RP world that is based off the real life world, and we simply shape the future ourselves. I.e, when we begin, all nations, organisations, alliances, historical events, people -- everything exists as it currently is, but from that point on, each player adopts the leader position of a nation of their choice, and plays out the future.

Not only could you be nation leaders, but also members of government for a nation, even citizens.

That, or a similar concept except based on our own made up world, plus made up history, people, events, alliances, nations etc. etc.