Treaty Upgrade

Megamind

Generally when the stone thrower is reined in and apology is offered it is poor form to then throw the stone back. It is disappointing you had to go and pour fuel on the fire rather than leave a resolved issue alone. Darknight wasn't moaning, he was just pointing out your complete lack of class.

We consider the matter closed. Tygaland, I thank you for your very gracious post on the previous page. I know that for some on both sides of the opinion, the past will remain a heated subject. Some more than others, especially those personally involved in the events who feel the most passionately. One cannot change the past and can only look forward to brighter days ahead.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We consider the matter closed. Tygaland, I thank you for your very gracious post on the previous page. I know that for some on both sides of the opinion, the past will remain a heated subject. Some more than others, especially those personally involved in the events who feel the most passionately. One cannot change the past and can only look forward to brighter days ahead.

I'm just trying to figure out what business anyone from STA had posting in this thread in the first place...be that as it may, I salute Legion and look forward to good relations in the future.

I'm just trying to figure out what business anyone from STA had posting in this thread in the first place...be that as it may, I salute Legion and look forward to good relations in the future.

It's the Open World Forum. It's the place where folks go to make announcements and receive comments on them.

Perhaps you should have kept your announcement in-house then rather than post it publicly if you wanted only Legion and Valhalla members to comment on the announcement. I'm sure your comment sounded so much better in your head.

This was a prime opportunity for Valhalla to show some inkling of change with regards to dealing with other alliances and Chefjoe and yourself have botched it completely. Nice work.

Edited by Tygaland

It's the Open World Forum. It's the place where folks go to make announcements and receive comments on them.

Wow really? I bet it is insights like that one that helped you get you where you are today. Given that Tygaland handles any meaningful foreign affairs duties and STA has no embassies for foreign diplomats to maintain, your job consists of what exactly? Embarrassing STA and creating work for your boss? You are incredibly good at it.

Perhaps you should have kept your announcement in-house then rather than post it publicly if you wanted only Legion and Valhalla members to comment on the announcement. I'm sure your comment sounded so much better in your head.

This was a prime opportunity for Valhalla to show some inkling of change with regards to dealing with other alliances and Chefjoe and yourself have botched it completely. Nice work.

Tyga as you have always said your members are allowed to have opinions so are Valhallans. It is no secret we dont get along and that there is a history here. But as you can see we can move on from the past and leave it behind to move on to bigger and better things. I appreciate the apology Tyga classy move by a classy leader in my book.

Wow really? I bet it is insights like that one that helped you get you where you are today. Given that Tygaland handles any meaningful foreign affairs duties and STA has no embassies for foreign diplomats to maintain, your job consists of what exactly? Embarrassing STA and creating work for your boss? You are incredibly good at it.

Keep going Hal, you are doing a fantastic job.

Tyga as you have always said your members are allowed to have opinions so are Valhallans. It is no secret we dont get along and that there is a history here. But as you can see we can move on from the past and leave it behind to move on to bigger and better things. I appreciate the apology Tyga classy move by a classy leader in my book.

I have never said otherwise, Bud. But when the opinion is clearly contrary to the purpose of making a public announcement, as was the case with ChairmanHal's comment, it should be rightfully pointed out. When your alliance leader decided to skip over an apology that Legion quite willingly accepted in his fervour to take a shot at Pezstar then that is more than just an opinion of a Valhallan.

A member of my government made an error in judgement and on behalf of my alliance I apologised for that. In return your leader fires a salvo at that member of my government, as incoherent as it was, and another member of your alliance comes in doing the same.

Here was a prime opportunity to show restraint and to accept the STA's apology over the comment made. But, clearly, it is beyond your alliance leader to do so. The desire to try and get another kick in is too great. With leadership like that I honestly wish Legion luck.

OOC: I'm told that Tygaland is posting comments directed at me. Since he apparently didn't get the memo, I'll just leave a copy of my Ignore List here.

ignore.jpg

IC: Bud has it right. STA and Valhalla do not get along and that situation is unlikely to improve anytime soon. This thread is about Legion, Valhalla, and to letting the past be the past. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned there. I hope so.

OOC: I'm told that Tygaland is posting comments directed at me. Since he apparently didn't get the memo, I'll just leave a copy of my Ignore List here.

ignore.jpg

IC: Bud has it right. STA and Valhalla do not get along and that situation is unlikely to improve anytime soon. This thread is about Legion, Valhalla, and to letting the past be the past. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned there. I hope so.

[ooc]Looks like I have some quality company there. Hello Doitzel![/ooc]

If you want the past to be the past you'd probably be better suited to accepting apologies rather than slapping them away. There is only one person who has made an honest attempt to correct a situation here and they are not from Valhalla.

Edited by Tygaland

[ooc]Looks like I have some quality company there. Hello Doitzel![/ooc]

If you want the past to be the past you'd probably be better suited to accepting apologies rather than slapping them away. There is only one person who has made an honest attempt to correct a situation here and they are not from Valhalla.

As obvious as it is to see that STA will continue to post meaningless post to bait my fellow Valhallans.. I wish to ask you guys to not respond to these, or those of Pez. You know they got a mission to make us get into a troll battle with them to make us look bad.. Keep the posts on topic guys. Its about us and legion, not us and STA.

O/ Legion

O/ Valhalla

Thank you Tyga for apologizing for the mistake. Now can we please get this back to the Topic at hand.. which is Purple WUB is epic :P

As obvious as it is to see that STA will continue to post meaningless post to bait my fellow Valhallans.. I wish to ask you guys to not respond to these, or those of Pez. You know they got a mission to make us get into a troll battle with them to make us look bad.. Keep the posts on topic guys. Its about us and legion, not us and STA.

O/ Legion

O/ Valhalla

Thank you Tyga for apologizing for the mistake. Now can we please get this back to the Topic at hand.. which is Purple WUB is epic :P

Yes. We clearly have a mission to make you look bad. Which is why Tyga gave you an official apology from the STA for my rude comment. We, who issued no personal attacks and apologized to the Legion for insulting them have come into this thread to make Valhalla look bad.

I can assure you. You don't need our help with that.

O/ Legion

O/ Valhalla

You seem to have this backwards. I came to this thread to apologise in the hope Valhalla would accept that apology and move on. Instead they saw fit to attack Pezstar which is unfortunate.

You're welcome. Perhaps next time the apology will be accepted rather than thrown back in my face.

Edited by Tygaland

You seem to have this backwards. I came to this thread to apologise in the hope Valhalla would accept that apology and move on. Instead they saw fit to attack Pezstar which is unfortunate.

You're welcome. Perhaps next time the apology will be accepted rather than thrown back in my face.

Well bad blood is bad blood my friend. My only hope is somehow, someway we can find a neutral ground somewhere. Tigers are cool, and cold tigers are even more epic. Just like Cold Vikings :P We are all guilty in one way or another of attacking each other, but I figure maybe we all can work harder to refrain from these actions.

I for one truly do accept the apology, and for once have no quirm about commenting you on a classy move.

Well bad blood is bad blood my friend. My only hope is somehow, someway we can find a neutral ground somewhere. Tigers are cool, and cold tigers are even more epic. Just like Cold Vikings :P We are all guilty in one way or another of attacking each other, but I figure maybe we all can work harder to refrain from these actions.

I for one truly do accept the apology, and for once have no quirm about commenting you on a classy move.

You don't appear to have much of a grasp on the history between our alliances. Regardless, this is not the place to discuss it.

I'll leave you all to your treaty celebrations.

Edited by Tygaland

Huh?

As I've told other people in Invicta announcements, these forums are not private property. Criticize people for the content of their comments, but this is a pretty blatant attempt to silence.

Yes. We clearly have a mission to make you look bad. Which is why Tyga gave you an official apology from the STA for my rude comment. We, who issued no personal attacks and apologized to the Legion for insulting them have come into this thread to make Valhalla look bad.

I can assure you. You don't need our help with that.

Neither Tygaland's apology, nor the sincerity of the apology, were ever in question by anyone at Valhalla. I am sorry if that was not clear.

Huh?

As I've told other people in Invicta announcements, these forums are not private property. Criticize people for the content of their comments, but this is a pretty blatant attempt to silence.

You've been around...we've commented in a lot of the same threads. I'm also certain that at some point someone in exasperation has asked you why you felt it necessary to comment. That is in no way "a blatant attempt to silence", it is questioning your motivation. There is a right way and a wrong way to answer that--one response will stoke the flames higher, the other extinguishes them.

Early on in this thread pezstar made comments that were inappropriate (I will not use the 'T' word), in fact it was the first thing she did. It is natural to question the motivations of someone who does that. It is also natural to question the motivations of STA when a member of government and the person who claims leadership of FA does it. Tygaland's apology was accepted and turned down by no one. Yet I'm being told that chefjoe and I slapped STA's hand away. That is a lie. I questioned why STA even bothered commenting at all and I get sarcasm from the same STA FA person mentioned above.

Maybe I just need to develop a much thicker skin or go buy some reinforced kevlar. But c'mon, don't you think it a bit of a stretch to claim that Valhalla only wants "happy talk" in this thread? Is it really appropriate to come into Valhalla threads and insult our allies? Really?

Neither Tygaland's apology, nor the sincerity of the apology, were ever in question by anyone at Valhalla. I am sorry if that was not clear.

If you accepted the apology then there was no need to take it any further. Continuing to attack Pezstar for the comment she made after the apology had been made and, apparently, accepted was unnecessary and only resulted in the bickering going on for longer. The apology was to put an end to the bickering and allow the discussion to remain a positive one for Legion and yourselves.

Sadly, you and Chefjoe couldn't pass up the chance to keep digging.

Early on in this thread pezstar made comments that were inappropriate (I will not use the 'T' word), in fact it was the first thing she did. It is natural to question the motivations of someone who does that. It is also natural to question the motivations of STA when a member of government and the person who claims leadership of FA does it. Tygaland's apology was accepted and turned down by no one. Yet I'm being told that chefjoe and I slapped STA's hand away. That is a lie. I questioned why STA even bothered commenting at all and I get sarcasm from the same STA FA person mentioned above.

The "motivations" of the STA were made clear in my initial post which apologised for Pezstar's comment and further stated that the views expressed by her were not STA's policy. If you accepted the apology then you'd have been quite aware of that before you said what you did. But no, you had to get a shot in regardless and when people call you on it you play the victim as is your way.

My apologies for the comments that were received after your original post Tyga. There wont be any further bickering about this subject from our side and I will be having chats with certain people about this.

Back on the purple love subject now please people ;)

My apologies for the comments that were received after your original post Tyga. There wont be any further bickering about this subject from our side and I will be having chats with certain people about this.

Back on the purple love subject now please people ;)

Thank you, much appreciated. :)

your job consists of what exactly? Embarrassing STA and creating work for your boss? You are incredibly good at it.

Actually substitute Sssw18 for STA and you've described my job exactly!

My question: Even from outside SNOW will improving it's relationship with the rest of white be a priority for STA?