Statement of Friendship

Jorost

invicta1smallest.pngnposmallest-1.jpg

In light of recent events on Planet Bob, Invicta and the New Pacific Order would like to make a statement reaffirming our friendship, commitment, and mutual appreciation. Please note that in accordance with NPO's terms of surrender, this statement does not constitute an official treaty.

I expect that some will view this statement with cynicism. I know there are many who see Invicta as a vassal of NPO. This used to bother me. I did not like the idea that my alliance was thought of as nothing more than a "meatshield." For a time I was bent on changing this image at any cost. I believed there were good alliances out there, people with whom we would like to be friends, who were hesitant to deal with us because of our reputation and our connection to NPO. In fact I came very close to severing that connection in an effort to prove that Invicta was not what the naysayers said we were.

You see, I came to the world-of-Bob stage as something of a novice in foreign affairs. I joined Invicta shortly after the birth of my nation, and it is the only home I have ever known. During most of my time here, I was an internal affairs officer. As such, I was not particularly interested in our external doings. Some might even say I was willfully ignorant of them. Be that as it may, when I became Invicta's president early this year, it was with only the vaguest idea of our image in the international community.

The negativity was surprising. And more than a little disheartening. It was hard to discover that this alliance that I thought of as a wonderful place full of terrific people was viewed in some circles with such contempt. And I quickly learned that this view was an extension of how one of our oldest allies, NPO, was viewed. We were, it seemed, being judged by the company we kept. Which brings me back to the idea of changing Invicta's image.

But I realized something, a little piece of wisdom that many of us probably heard as children: If someone doesn't like you for who you really are, then you probably wouldn't want them as a friend anyway. So let us say it here and now, let us shout it from the rooftops: WE LOVE NPO, AND WE DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

NPO has been Invicta's friend for a long time. When we were a young alliance, they lent us a guiding hand. When we were threatened by foreign powers, they protected our sovereignty. I doubt whether Invicta would even exist today without NPO's presence in those early days. They made it possible for Invicta to become a stable, prosperous and independent alliance, and by doing so helped pave the way more unified Purple sphere.

Friendships can be complicated. At times they can even be strained. Invicta and NPO have had our share of ups and downs. But the bottom line is that NPO has always been there for Invicta when we really needed them. That is the essence of friendship. And that is why, when they needed us, we felt we needed to be there for them. Not for ideology, but for friendship. I know that there were a lot of axes to grind in the Karma War, both personal and political. And I am even willing to concede that perhaps NPO was not on the right side of every argument. But even a friend who is wrong is still a friend.

The Karma War is over. The debts have been settled, the grievances redressed. If comeuppance was deserved, it has certainly been delivered. I hope that the alliances of Bob can finally, finally, set aside old grudges and ancient history and move forward. Invicta and NPO look forward to making new friends and forging new paths unfettered by the burdens of the past.

Because of our unrelenting love and lust for each other, Invicta and The New Pacific Order do hereby reaffirm our friendship. May it last as long as the sun shines on the face of Bob.

Edited by Jorost

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

We loves Invicta

And Jorost loves Moo.

Invicta has demonstrated a friendship of the highest order; not too many have done that for us. Over the months we have developed a true closeness and an understanding of each other; we seem to fit. We finish each other's sentences; we play the same music. They are the wind beneath our wings (and hooves).

When allies were dropping like flies, only a few stuck with us. Invicta was one of them. There was nothing but destruction in that path, but they kept their word. Their word was more than just pixels; it was honor and friendship.

Today we share the fruits of their honest affection towards us; we have no doubts of them and they have no doubts of us. I see no reason why we shall not be friends for as long as both our alliances inhabit the Cyberverse.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

M ods may disagree

O bviously, if you try to break the rules

D oubt of our determination

E ven if you believe you are right

D oes not stand a chance

I n fact it is dangerous

T hus follow the rules or suffer the consequences

o/ Admin

o/ Mods

o/ poems

o/ rules we must follow

EDIT: I lol'ed at the mod edit. Not as sexy, but.. it'll do.

Edited by Timtacious
Mod edit