Poor Recruitment Messages

lmcfalcon12

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Members of my alliance tend to receive a fair number of recruitment messages thanks to recruiters who get a bit confused in regard to the difference between team 'none' and an AA setting of 'none'.

Most of the recruitment messages that I have received have consisted of generalised statements that promise protection against raiders, economic growth assistance and maybe a signing on bonus. Recruitment messages do not often answer the question of why a potential new member should choose the recruiter's alliance over the other 200+ alliances out there. New players who join the Grey Council are consistently telling us that they received 30-40 nearly identical recruitment messages in their first 24 hours of playing the game, which is why so many people become jaded and choose to remain unaligned. It is also the reason why we don't bother sending out recruitment messages.

Not every alliance likes to offer a signing on bonus in their recruitment messages because it can be a double-edged sword. It may encourage people to join for the wrong reasons (aid mooching) and it could give others the impression that the alliance doesn't think it has much else to offer to new members.

Sorry. I forgot quoting someone and saying their post was a OOC attack wasn't actually claiming that same post to be a OOC attack? :huh:

You missed my last point. I wasn't OOC attacked, somebody else was (from my point of view, at least). I pointed it out, nothing more.

You missed my last point. I wasn't OOC attacked, somebody else was (from my point of view, at least). I pointed it out, nothing more.

Whatever, my original point still stands. Claiming an OOC attack when none exists is stupid, and not very convincing argument.

As for not being qualified to teach you guys, I'm probably the optimum guy to be teaching you.

Keep in mind that marketing and business students like myself make optimal advertisers and recruiters. So between the two of us, who looks more qualified now?

haha, claiming you're being attacked OOC is stupid. Do you think that makes you sound more convinving?

I bet now you're going to claim I OOC attacked you too.

OOC: I guess he's a marketing and business student of his own CN nation and I guess that's why he's more qualified. (open for interpretation)

I guess the point of this is Imcfalcon12 - you offer a problem without a clear solution, so you're really just offering commentary on a common thing.

You offer solutions to your problem (as I understood it):

Let's see where to start? A wiki page link. Check. A forum link. Check. Personal message including recipients name in the message. Bonus points there, you already see extra care taken. History, tech buying, trade circles. Check 3x. My only gripe: entrance aid? I don't need any, but for the smaller nations, do you offer it?

However you're clearly not going to join any alliance at this point. So what's the problem?

None of those things would get me to join an alliance if I were stuck on none in peace mode like you are - so why don't you recruit me? Offer a solution that everyone in the upper ns range would go for.

Edited by Metal Shards

I guess the point of this is Lmcfalcon12 - you offer a problem without a clear solution, so you're really just offering commentary on a common thing.

You offer solutions to your problem (as I understood it):

However you're clearly not going to join any alliance at this point. So what's the problem?

None of those things would get me to join an alliance if I were stuck on none in peace mode like you are - so why don't you recruit me? Offer a solution that everyone in the upper ns range would go for.

I think everyone is being a little too critical (those who were offended for whatever reason). There's no problem. Basically I guess this topic was just to point out things that might make recruitment efforts better. Of the messages I received at least 1/3 missed the essentials like the links, channels and what not. I'm just saying, make things easy. I'm not trying to cut anyone down, I'm just encouraging an honest effort. I never claimed to know more than anyone until someone brought it up. And I am not going to sit here and say I'm better at this than anyone else. But a guy with an AA of none can clearly see what's missing. The recruiters themselves may not see it because they send out mass messages all day long. I'm merely trying to assist everyone. If I didn't want everyone to have an equal shot at this, I would have never made the topic.

* Enticement of medals. Its a good idea and a bad idea. People like me thrive off the excitement of meaningless medals. I say meaningless because outside that alliance they are just that. Its a bad idea because most medal strategies involve no work whatsoever and basically free medals just for joining and doing nothing. Not good, and in my personal opinion not honorable.

Why do you yammer on and on about free aid, which is bribery and reward for nothing, but think that giving medals is not honorable?

and you, obviously don't know how to market yourself correctly to get guys like me into your alliance. If you don't like what I have to say, then move on.

Maybe they don't want pompous upstarts in their alliance so they sent you a crummy message on purpose.

Keep in mind that marketing and business students like myself make optimal advertisers and recruiters. So between the two of us, who looks more qualified now?

If you think you're going to do well anywhere in the area of business or marketing, you should probably learn how to write the language. Your grammar and even the scattered structure of your thoughts is alarming. You should also know, Mr Bigshot, that business degrees are more plentiful than grapes on a vine, so chill out.

I haven't got a clue who you are (sorry to burst your bubble, seems to be a theme in this thread) but I can tell you that even as a one-man alliance actively recruiting, I would haul your smarmy butt out of the Temple of Justice after less than a day if you conduct yourself like this on a normal day. And I wouldn't give you any free money.

Edited by Schattenmann

You know, I was considering hand-writing a message and sending it to you earlier. I got distracted by something and never did, and here we are, hailed as the best recruiters you've had yet. Thanks for the compliment (and maybe you oughta go with your instincts and join up :P ).

I'm merely trying to assist everyone. If I didn't want everyone to have an equal shot at this, I would have never made the topic.

Then please assist us - I'm open for business asfar as my mind-set goes. Educate the dullards.

Sorry - didn't mean to attack you personally, I must have had too much of my nation's beer. :D

You know, I was considering hand-writing a message and sending it to you earlier. I got distracted by something and never did, and here we are, hailed as the best recruiters you've had yet. Thanks for the compliment (and maybe you oughta go with your instincts and join up :P ).

Will you let me buy nukes when I'm at 15k if I join?

That's right. Also dare I say it, NPO's messages are messed up because when they were in fifth place, their recruitment messages still said "#1 alliance", I hope they meant in members.

But very true, very true.

Enjoy your sea of useless nations.

Quoted from a FAN member,

It's much more fun fighting in the middle.
The way I look at it. Whats the use of Having a High Average Nation Strength. It's like measuring the hilt of a sword it looks pretty on paper, though its useless in fight. Edited by Nedved I

Avg NS is an irrelevant form of strength.

It's not irrelevant. Trust me, I was in TOOL when we had 750 nations and sub-2k ANS. But we figured out that you can't carry on like that for long. Mass recruiting can be a good way to jumpstart an alliance, but you gotta do the hard work of weeding out the ones who will log in once and be done with it. If you have a strong academy system, you can get the beneifts of mass recruiting without the drawbacks. ANS matters, believe me.

-Bama

I have a Bachelors in Marketing and a Masters in Business and just because you have a degree doesn't make you a great salesman. I know a lot of people who have marketing business degrees and they make great bank tellers.

Selling takes talent. Your attitude clearly shows you don't.

I have a Bachelors in Marketing and a Masters in Business and just because you have a degree doesn't make you a great salesman. I know a lot of people who have marketing business degrees and they make great bank tellers.

Selling takes talent. Your attitude clearly shows you don't.

Okay apparently I have to stop bringing up RL experience and credentials, because I either don't know wtf I'm talking about or everyone else is here is better than me. I forgot online everyone is better than everyone else. I'll stop bringing up my college degrees because eventually someone here is going to hop over everyone else and claim their God. Don't bring up my RL attitude. You don't know anything about me so please don't claim that you do.

Requesting a lock. Anyone who wants my help, because obviously there are some that do, you can feel free to PM me here on the forums or in game. Those who want to harp about my online attitude and what not, you can send me PMs too. Doubt they'll get read, but you can send them.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

This has been a very interesting thread LMC and one which all recruiters should learn from. It shows a need to be different whilst not sacrificing basic essentials for a message.

I would send you a message but I fear that most of the more established alliances have a better chance of securing your services.