Poor Recruitment Messages

lmcfalcon12

Our actual recruitment messages don't say for the lulz, or lololol, that was a simple joke playing off the irony that he had just recently quit The Legion.

Ah then ironic...YES. Even if I had taken that last piece out, my response would have been the same.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did mine rate against the others?

Well the fact that you're not the only alliance that pays attention to me enough to know where I've been...well personally I think you guys are a little creepy :P Didn't realize that some people pay that close attention to where others are coming from. As for the message, let's see, IRC channel code, forum URL as well as WIKI URL, hints about the government structure, as well as some inner alliance requirements. I'd say its pretty average. Nothing about entrance aid (which may be on purpose judging by my size), no tech deals though either. So maybe if you guys had that written in, you could have a stronger message to send out. People want as much information as possible handed to them without having to do the research themselves.

To: lmcfalcon12 From: alterego Date: 7/24/2009 2:32:49 PM

Subject: Hey lmcfalcon12

Message: I see you have recently left The Legion and moved to AA none. If you left The Legion on good terms & have no other outstanding issues then BAPS would be happy to accept your application for consideration. If you are successful with your application we ask that you become a relatively active member, save a large war chest and fight hard should we become involved in a war. If we sound like the kind of alliance you would have an interest being a part of change your AA to BAPS applicant & apply below.

If you have any questions about BAPS or would like to chat to one of the Triumvirs just let me know and I will try and accommodate you as best I can.

Regards

Angelic

irc: /join #baps

http://cnalliance.com/

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Boards_...ectorate_States

Perhaps to forestall the flood of requests they're likely to get, a member of Legion could be inspired to come here to add a recommendation to your 'resume'? ;)

I won't boast about my recruitment invitation here. You're the one 'grading' these, so I'll let you decide and look forward to your criticism and/or praise.

Edited by Vanadrin Failing

No one ever sends me recuitment messages :(

EDIT: Mind you i always fly an AA so that probably explains why....

Another reason may be that you're one of the better known figures in the realm of CN :lol1:

Well the fact that you're not the only alliance that pays attention to me enough to know where I've been...well personally I think you guys are a little creepy :P Didn't realize that some people pay that close attention to where others are coming from. As for the message, let's see, IRC channel code, forum URL as well as WIKI URL, hints about the government structure, as well as some inner alliance requirements. I'd say its pretty average. Nothing about entrance aid (which may be on purpose judging by my size), no tech deals though either. So maybe if you guys had that written in, you could have a stronger message to send out. People want as much information as possible handed to them without having to do the research themselves.

Knowing where you come from freaks a lot of people out. I just looked at your aid screen ;) some people really wig out with that one. Its just something knocked up by myself that I ping off to the odd big nation floating around none. There are different PMs for different nations depending on size, age etc

Knowing where you come from freaks a lot of people out. I just looked at your aid screen ;) some people really wig out with that one. Its just something knocked up by myself that I ping off to the odd big nation floating around none. There are different PMs for different nations depending on size, age etc

I'm...dumb. Forgot the FA screen was public to everyone. Oh well. That explains the mystery.

What the hell, while I'm here, just for grins, any alliances have government openings? Just for grins...

A program to get nations with only 15 K NS to buy nukes? Attention already grabbed. Protecitng allies, cheap tech, forum link, and personal aspects like great community atmosphere. Out of all the messages I received, this is probably the best one. Good job IAA. A small alliance that will have great success.

Anyone have any interesting, and/or lame messages they would like to share?

I will neither confirm nor deny the role of the current military regime of the Imperial Fleet in this said program.

Though I will confirm that it does exist and does work.

I'm sad. Apperently he didn't like my message enough to post it :(

Don't be sad bud. I have 17 pages of messages on a Microsoft Word Doc. I can't post all 40 messages (now 40), that I have received. If yours wasn't terrible, it didn't get posted. So consider yourself average1 :)

Don't be sad bud. I have 17 pages of messages on a Microsoft Word Doc. I can't post all 40 messages (now 40), that I have received. If yours wasn't terrible, it didn't get posted. So consider yourself average1 :)

My message wasn't meant as a direct recruitment and therefor i didn't include all those things mentioned above to make it a "good" message.

Truth of the matter is that i do not believe in standard recruitment messages. If i see someone without AA i message them to find out what they want/like/dislike in an alliance.

That way annoying recruitment messages can be avoided.