An STA announcement

Smart move. Ambassadors are useless. Something I have always believed. What do they do? At the very most dick around in an embassy and pretend to be friendly so everybody can be happy. It means absolutely nothing. So congratulations on getting rid of a pointless and highly annoying position. Rebel Virginia salutes you.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart move. Ambassadors are useless. Something I have always believed. What do they do? At the very most dick around in an embassy and pretend to be friendly so everybody can be happy. It means absolutely nothing. So congratulations on getting rid of a pointless and highly annoying position. Rebel Virginia salutes you.

I guess she has disbanded the conventional train of thought regarding foreign affairs.

Congratulations, pezstar.

o>

I love this approach and share your (and RV's) assessment of diplomats sent out for the hell of it. It's one thing if you have a particular reason to approach an alliance (same team, like their style, common friends or goals). But plenty of alliances seem to think that they need an embassy at every single alliance that pops up, even if there's no particular reason to communicate and not much to distinguish the alliance from 200 others.

Congratulations to Pezstar and best of luck to STA as a whole with your new policy.

However, I do hope that Rakari will continue to frequent the ODN embassy.

Of course I will! I could never leave my orange friends!

While you are right when you say that when someone wants to discuss something with an alliance, they typically come to one of the government members, there is the other side of being ambassador, the good one(I'm not one of them) improve the relations between alliances when they are active posters in their designed alliance forums for example. As everyone I'm interested in see how this strategy works.

Also congratulations for you position pezstar ^_^

What happened to Lakerzz? Is it drama. You can tell us, we're all friends here.

Also, does this mean I can recruit him now? :P

Congrats to Lakerzz for his successful term as MoFA, and best of luck to STA in the future... even if you are too lazy to assign diplos :P (jk)

K Mac!

No, there is no scandal. I will be remaining in the STA. Tyga has fed me too much and I have become even lazier. Its hard to get around so I decided to retire :P

While you are right when you say that when someone wants to discuss something with an alliance, they typically come to one of the government members, there is the other side of being ambassador, the good one(I'm not one of them) improve the relations between alliances when they are active posters in their designed alliance forums for example. As everyone I'm interested in see how this strategy works.

Also congratulations for you position pezstar ^_^

That is true, however the same can be accomplished by just encouraging members to go and hang out with other alliances they think are interesting/fun/etc.

The whole structure of ambassadors strikes me as rather unnecessary.

Take care Lakerzz and congratulations Pez! Although you may no longer have ambassadors in an official capacity, your members are always welcome to stop by the STA embassy on our forums for their own pleasure, although we'll continue to conduct official business at the leadership level. I only ask that visiting tigers obey the cardinal rule of our forums, no eating the penguins, as opposed to the carnal rule of their bellies. I am only concerned for your health. There are few things more upsetting than witnessing tiger indigestion from the inside.

Edited by Penguin

Hmmm, interesting indeed. I do think this makes sense. Cut out the middleman and let them deal with the people that actually make decisions anyways. It's not like we are trying to win CN awards for the best diplomatic team around are we? ;)

Hmmm, interesting indeed. I do think this makes sense. Cut out the middleman and let them deal with the people that actually make decisions anyways. It's not like we are trying to win CN awards for the best diplomatic team around are we? ;)

Let's face it, REAL foreign affairs is done in query on IRC -_-

I dont agreed with this either, however best of luck. of course it is done in private chat. but cutting the middlemen out? why?

Edited by HiddenSouls

I dont agreed with this either, however best of luck. of course it is done in private chat. but cutting the middlemen out? why?

The middleman is already cut out. Nobody, or very few people use ambassadors for actual foreign affairs. It's not like we're doing a revolutionary thing in no longer having them, we're just eliminating a position that's already obselete.

Edit: I cant spelz gud

Edited by Shodemofi