The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yawoo' date='19 April 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1271631407' post='2265447']
Requesting a GM roll on my cyber attack against JED's cruiser.

[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/TheRenegade_Forever/Untitled-1.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
Zee fail: 1-50
Zee win: 51-100

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing200.png[/img]

Result is failure, unfortunately.

Hello. I have one doubt to cleared.

Are Aerial Artillery Platforms like [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC130"]AC-130[/url] counted as part of IG Air force squadrons? Since they are essentially Ground Support aircrafts, and transport chassis, making them easy pray to Air Defense Systems, can they really be considered on par with fighter interceptors or high speed/stealth bombers which are represented by IG numbers? Shouldn't they be classed along with helicopter gunships which do not have IG corollary but is subject to basic common sense number?

I would like the rules on that stated out, please.

A hypothetical, if you will.

Lets say I launch a nuke and it is shot down, landing somewhere in another's territory (in this case, a third world nation). It would cause no damage, as OOC'ly it was rolled against and lost. Would the owner of the landing site be able to recover said nuclear warhead and use it to reverse engineer it for production(assuming they have an MP but have not RP'd a weapons program) or create a dirty bomb in the case of absence of MP, etc?

Edited by Executive Minister

In 15 minutes, it will be 7 days since Mudd posted a response to the wars declared on him by Vince Sixx and myself.

Because he hasnt posted in 7 days, will he automaticly lose the war?

Can I have a GM's ruling on this? I was to understand it was the case, but Yawoo recommended getting a GM to confirm.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='19 April 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1271711089' post='2266733']
A hypothetical, if you will.

Lets say I launch a nuke and it is shot down, landing somewhere in another's territory (in this case, a third world nation). It would cause no damage, as OOC'ly it was rolled against and lost. Would the owner of the landing site be able to recover said nuclear warhead and use it to reverse engineer it for production(assuming they have an MP but have not RP'd a weapons program) or create a dirty bomb in the case of absence of MP, etc?
[/quote]
No. Nations cannot be gifted nukes nor steal nukes. Mean ol' GMs said so. :awesome:

[quote name='king of cochin' date='19 April 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1271677254' post='2266164']
Hello. I have one doubt to cleared.

Are Aerial Artillery Platforms like [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC130"]AC-130[/url] counted as part of IG Air force squadrons? Since they are essentially Ground Support aircrafts, and transport chassis, making them easy pray to Air Defense Systems, can they really be considered on par with fighter interceptors or high speed/stealth bombers which are represented by IG numbers? Shouldn't they be classed along with helicopter gunships which do not have IG corollary but is subject to basic common sense number?

I would like the rules on that stated out, please.
[/quote]

Some answers please?

[quote name='king of cochin' date='20 April 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1271735471' post='2267377']
Some answers please?
[/quote]

Didn't reply because I wanted to see what the others think. Personally I would probably consider it part of the IG number. It is a large fixed wing combat oriented aircraft, which is the key reason why helicopters and transports probably are not included.

Seeing as they are ineffective in terms of aerial combat and are as vulnerable as any of the transport aircrafts, can they truly be considered on par with fighters ad bombers? As TBM said, any person with a superb MANPADS can bring them if they use it smartly. For all purposes they are effectively artillery in sky.

[quote name='king%20of%20cochin' date='20 April 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1271821990' post='2268741']
Seeing as they are ineffective in terms of aerial combat and are as vulnerable as any of the transport aircrafts, can they truly be considered on par with fighters ad bombers? As TBM said, any person with a superb MANPADS can bring them if they use it smartly. For all purposes they are effectively artillery in sky.
[/quote]

And yet it still flies, therefore it is an aircraft.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='21 April 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1271826604' post='2268843']
And yet it still flies, therefore it is an aircraft.
[/quote]
Helicopters also fly, yet we do not qualify them as aircraft. ;)

[quote name='Gunther' date='21 April 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1271824071' post='2268787']
I would say that a Ground Attack platform like a C-130 is akin to a bomber which is covered as an IG Aircraft. Therefore they should be counted against your IG aircraft.
[/quote]

I'm off the same opinion, if it has wings and is used to shoot people or stuff I consider it ig air force.

The only aircraft, I would not count against IG aircraft are Transports (Unarmed), AWACs and EW (Electronic Warfare - Unarmed). UAVs whose primary mission is to carry ordnance to drop on a target should be counted against IG aircraft, but Unarmed Reconnaissance UAVs should not.

[b][u]AC-130H Spectre[/u][/b]
Maximum speed: 260 knots (300 mph, 480 km/h)
Range: 2,200 nm (2,530 mi, 4,070 km)
1× 40 mm (1.58 in) L/60 Bofors cannon
1× 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer

[u][b]AH-64 Apache[/b][/u]
Maximum speed: 158 knots (182 mph, 293 km/h)
Range: 257 nmi (295 mi, 476 km) with Longbow radar mast
Guns: 1× 30 × 113 mm (1.18 × 4.45 in) M230 Chain Gun with 1,200 rounds
Rockets: Hydra 70 FFAR rockets
Missiles: combination of AGM-114 Hellfire, AIM-9 Sidewinder, and AIM-92 Stinger

The Apache is mentioned as an IG aircraft and serves a similar mission as the AC-130. The Apache is an Army Aviation Aircraft and the AC-130 is an Air Forces Special Operations aircraft.