I have a dream.

Francesca

If NPO wants to wait as long as FAN did, cool.

It won't take nearly as long. For FAN, there was a near-invincible global hegemony. World wars are few and far between in such times. Now, there is a power vacuum, and a lot of people who don't like each other very much and only cooperated to take the Hegemony down.

Drunkwino: TIGERS BLEAUX! :P

-Bama

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAN were only kept down so long because the NPO was in such a dominant position of power. The alliances fighting NPO are nowhere near that amount of power and the NPO is a lot more powerful than FAN were so I sincerely doubt NPO will have to wait anywhere near that long if that's the route they choose to go.

If that's the route they choose to go, it's still not up to them to decide how long until the next global war starts.

It won't take nearly as long. For FAN, there was a near-invincible global hegemony. World wars are few and far between in such times. Now, there is a power vacuum, and a lot of people who don't like each other very much and only cooperated to take the Hegemony down.

Drunkwino: TIGERS BLEAUX! :P

-Bama

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We're not losing as much as you guys from this war though ;)

If that's the route they choose to go, it's still not up to them to decide how long until the next global war starts.

No, but the longer the leaders of the coalition hold out on offering any new sets of terms the less control they have on when the next global war starts.

I know, but it's unlikely to be as long as FAN had to wait given the current political climate.

You assume they've been holding out on offering new sets of terms.

I would also assume that if such is the case and NPO had continuously turned them down that some word would have gotten out as the debate continues to grow on the subject. Was it but a day or two ago that you said you just found out that a new set was being drawn up. That would be the second set, while that is better then one we shall see what difference the new set holds.

I would also assume that if such is the case and NPO had continuously turned them down that some word would have gotten out as the debate continues to grow on the subject. Was it but a day or two ago that you said you just found out that a new set was being drawn up. That would be the second set, while that is better then one we shall see what difference the new set holds.

Do you not remember the last time word of terms got out? Maybe NPO learned their lesson about telling everyone about it.

Do you not remember the last time word of terms got out? Maybe NPO learned their lesson about telling everyone about it.

Yeah, I do. Quite a few people disagreed with a particular term and that number has grown. Then NPO released their own offering which in terms of tech and money was quite a bit higher then the suggested amount by the Coalition.

Honestly I dont see it as a horrible move on NPO's part. Which leads me to believe they havn't yet received any new terms as they probably would have released such publicly.

Yeah, I do. Quite a few people disagreed with a particular term and that number has grown. Then NPO released their own offering which in terms of tech and money was quite a bit higher then the suggested amount by the Coalition.

Honestly I dont see it as a horrible move on NPO's part. Which leads me to believe they havn't yet received any new terms as they probably would have released such publicly.

If NPO releases terms publically it'll be because they've accepted them or they're trying to cater to the crowd to garner some sympathy. Maybe the new terms are so good they can't get that sympathy? ;)

not for the people trying to keep the NPO down :P

I'm pretty sure all of them are enjoying it.

If NPO releases terms publically it'll be because they've accepted them or they're trying to cater to the crowd to garner some sympathy. Maybe the new terms are so good they can't get that sympathy? ;)

I will not deny the rationality of that line of thinking. It just seems to me that with the rising tide of dissent towards this war that the leaders of the coalition would release the term conditions to the public should the NPO deny them.

Given that thought, it is quite possible given the timing of your announcements that the terms may have been delivered but NPO has not answered.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We're not losing as much as you guys from this war though ;)

Oh, I know that. But NPO isn't being hit incredibly hard either, since Karma keeps letting them get to hippy even with a tremendous numerical advantage.

-Bama

HeinousOne their is no point arguing with WC. With his witty one liners you can't win.

I really don't care if this war last for a long time. Now I have a reason to use my nukes.

Edited by kevin32891

I will not deny the rationality of that line of thinking. It just seems to me that with the rising tide of dissent towards this war that the leaders of the coalition would release the term conditions to the public should the NPO deny them.

Given that thought, it is quite possible given the timing of your announcements that the terms may have been delivered but NPO has not answered.

Most people who've ever dealt with negotiations never have released them to the public, and there's no reason to now. The only people who really do need to know are NPO and the coalition, and well me :P

Oh, I know that. But NPO isn't being hit incredibly hard either, since Karma keeps letting them get to hippy even with a tremendous numerical advantage.

-Bama

I don't think that'd happen again since most of the coalition's other fronts have been closed down.

Most people who've ever dealt with negotiations never have released them to the public, and there's no reason to now. The only people who really do need to know are NPO and the coalition, and well me :P

Yet, the first two sets of terms were both released to the public. This is a very public war and both sides are playing the public opinion game.

I stand by my statement about what silence by either side means as to th eterms themselves. They will get out, one way or the other.

I don't think that'd happen again since most of the coalition's other fronts have been closed down.

Dunno about NPO, but I've escaped to hippy 3 times already to rebuy nukes. The last time being last week, and I was well staggered... They just kinda let me go (or rather let Airikr go... Thanks for sitting me <3). I think the vast majority of the alliances still nominally involved in the war have lost interest.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

Yet, the first two sets of terms were both released to the public. This is a very public war and both sides are playing the public opinion game.

I stand by my statement about what silence by either side means as to th eterms themselves. They will get out, one way or the other.

I see no reason for them to get out early without the NPO accepting them or complaining about them, but maybe the new terms will leak like most things do. We'll see I guess, but I've liked what I've seen of the new terms so far anyway.

As for bama and the other dude, there's really no excuse for that and the war commanders on those fronts should be getting grilled for it (that's you babyjesus!)

Edited by WarriorConcept

I see no reason for them to get out early without the NPO accepting them or complaining about them, but maybe the new terms will leak like most things do. We'll see I guess, but I've liked what I've seen of the new terms so far anyway.

Well, now that you let the cat about halfway out the bag, I'm pretty sure they'll leak out. :P

As for bama and the other dude, there's really no excuse for that and the war commanders on those fronts should be getting grilled for it (that's you babyjesus!)

I explained this to you, jerk.

edit: [23:26:53] <WarriorConcept> tbh i just wanted to yell at you in public

emot-argh.gif

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

The funny thing is for all of WC's anti NPO ranting, he's still not making himself look any better, even to supporters of KARMA. Also, that comment about you being a need to know person just shows how much of a narcissistic tool you are, that's like me saying that I'm need to know when talking about the NSO. Pipe down WC before you make yourself look even more like an autistic chimp.

To be honest, I think a lot of the alliances still in the war are treating it like a raid at this point. Basically saying to their members "look, if you want some tech and there's an NPO/TPF in your range out of hippy with no nukes, go ahead and hit them, but we're done with coordinated operations." Hence why so many of those alliances, even those with members in range, have a sprinkling of wars and no more. Nothing wrong with that, but I really don't think there are many alliances and individual nations still actively seeking nuclear wars at this point. Kudos to Matthew George of MK for being the only guy to take me on last round.

-Bama