You really want change?

ah DW I enjoy your thoughts :wub:

anyways why do peoples sit and complain and b*^&% about things ? because they feel they need to prove their point and yet they do not realize that no matter what they say (and this is for everyone) people will not change their own opinions, or will not admit they are wrong...

for that reason, people will argue over the semantics of say surrender terms without the conversation going anywhere.basically talk is cheap, you feel something is wrong then go and do something to rectify the situation

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I see maintaining control over ones self means ignoring the world around you? Naive.

A tenet of the Jedi Code is the world around you is all interconnected and, more importantly, interdependent, in a never-ending cycle of balance. It is by that that one understands that this leads to a balanced, objective, and realistic view of existence. Ignoring the world is not the Jedi way, understanding it is at the very core of who we are. It is only through that understanding is the truth revealed.

Some of us never stopped "doing". Some of us are capable of both doing and talking. I can also walk and chew gum and look dashing while destroying Jedi Scum.

What is this? I didn't realize that Siththings resided in the Liquor Cabinet? It struck me as more a place for bounty hunters and smugglers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this Jedi-Sith back and forth trite and forced.

[ooc] I find it kinda fun actually, and I hope the other side feels the same. It's a bit refreshing RP'ing a bit of back and forth without it barreling down into the same old tired flamefest song and dance number. [/ooc]

Edited by King DrunkWino

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this Jedi-Sith back and forth trite and forced.

It's dreadful.

And what of those that find it easy to live in the shadows of greater men?

Ivan's towering figure may cool me on a hot day, but you are the wind beneath my wings.

(I have absolutely no clue what I mean, btw.)

/me eyes the Oxycontin lovingly

And what of those that find it easy to live in the shadows of greater men?

Easier to stab them in the back and take their place actually...

Shouldnt have said that.

A tenet of the Jedi Code is the world around you is all interconnected and, more importantly, interdependent, in a never-ending cycle of balance. It is by that that one understands that this leads to a balanced, objective, and realistic view of existence. Ignoring the world is not the Jedi way, understanding it is at the very core of who we are. It is only through that understanding is the truth revealed.
So what do you "Do" with the truth then? I still find my abbreviated description of the Jedi decision making process was accurate.

Those who chose to control their base emotions and grow can hardly be called weak-minded. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that simply giving into them and striking out is hardly the mark of a trained mind.

To deny your emotions is to deny your humanity. People are not emotionless robots, as much as you Jedi would like them to be. Only by harnessing your emotions rather than suppressing them can one achieve true power and true freedom.

If the Cyberverse followed the same pacifist teachings as the Jedi, it would eventually stagnate and die. Only through conflict will the Cyberverse ever see true change and innovation.

What is this? I didn't realize that Siththings resided in the Liquor Cabinet? It struck me as more a place for bounty hunters and smugglers.

[ooc] I find it kinda fun actually, and I hope the other side feels the same. It's a bit refreshing RP'ing a bit of back and forth without it barreling down into the same old tired flamefest song and dance number. [/ooc]

I may no longer be a Sith Lord in service to the Dark Lord, but that doesn't mean my alignments have changed. It's true that few in The Liquor Cabinet have embraced power of the darkside. I did so before The Liquor Cabinet was formed, and to move away from such power and strength would be foolish and weak.

OOC: I've certainly enjoyed the exchange. It helps that I view both the NSO and Jedi Order as awesome alliances and friends, if not allies.

OOC: I've certainly enjoyed the exchange. It helps that I view both the NSO and Jedi Order as awesome alliances and friends, if not allies.

To keep the robes of OOC off for a bit, I feel near the same way on it. It's a fun little diversion and while my IC self will continue to attempt to show the dark siders the error of their ways my OOC self is glad they're there since it makes the game better. If nothing else it helps to deliver something other than the ic/ooc blended flamefests that are the normal par for the course.

It was Dopp's post that made me 'ugh', then Random's... I guess I'm a masochist. But at least you guys are having fun.

OOC: I honestly thought mine were more toned down in their "Star Warsy-ness" than others. Ah well....

It was Dopp's post that made me 'ugh', then Random's... I guess I'm a masochist. But at least you guys are having fun.

OOC: Not mine? God you suck.

I will now proceed to throw down my gauntlet towards all Jedi to bring it. Let me show you the ineffectiveness of your...Ineffectuality. Or whatever.

I will now proceed to throw down my gauntlet towards all Jedi to bring it. Let me show you the ineffectiveness of your...Ineffectuality. Or whatever.

The preceding gauntlet throwing has been brought to by the redundancy department of redundancy. :wub:

I won't deny that I frequently ignore you. No doubt that has to do with my sucking.

"Nothing endures but change." - Heraclitus

Everything is always changing, first you must realize that change isn't a gradient from bad to good.

The empty platitudes are strong in this one.

Edited by Sal Paradise

I mean' date=' were you *really* thinking that a normal war was going to change the way that the world works? /quote']

No. While I am happy that NPO no longer has power, I do want there to be an alliance or bloc with massive power because that brings stability. Reasoning: If there were no superpower(s) then the ruling superpower would change every week, or maybe even day! Also if there were no superpower(s), then everyone would be fighting over sphereical and regional power.

Really, the solution is for people to start sending aid (secret or otherwise) to engaged hedgemony nations. This would accomplish several things:

1) Send a message that people are serious about change with respect to appropriate surrender terms

2) Make the group of 18, the current power bloc, uncomfortable because that means certain people disagree with their view of the world, making paranoia set in

3) Add a dash of mistrust, and

BAM! Social change.

I encourage everyone to "do something about it."