You really want change?

Actually your alliance is pushing back the clock on social taboos because you're recklessly trying to bust them down with your thick skulls rather than presenting reasoned arguments to soften the block first. Your confrontational approach breeds reactionaries that stall the progress you're claiming to be championing.

It's funny that a two-bit Sith dictator would call us run of the mill, I confess, considering the state of his own alliance. A ruling clique held up by bottom-feeding cronies who fear losing their titles more than anything while the members flame each other to death and the community apart. I don't really see how that's change, but then I've still got my memories of Pacific to go on. Ordinary internal power-politics. Maybe our noble Knight didn't want any part of that, like the 60 or 70 others who've left your alliance recently, and that is why he chose the path of a Jedi.

Or maybe his motivations are his own and we shouldn't be so presumptuous.

Are our skulls not thick enough?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This right here, don't fool yourselves and believe "Karma" is doing anything to change the way we play.

I'm glad I'm in an alliance that does, and I don't really care if there are 50 or 300 nations in that alliance. Anyone who pays more attention to the amount of members in an alliance then it's character doesn't belong in the NSO and should just go to some Citadel alliance or something.

The change you have been advocating and trying to work towards is nothing but a return to the past. Are you really so blinded by your hatred as to be oblivious to the pain and suffering others around you would endure? I truly hope that is not the case, as I believe it means any hope of redemption is beyond you.

Losers don't like to be losers guy. We can't all be winners..

It's funny that a two-bit Sith dictator would call us run of the mill, I confess, considering the state of his own alliance. A ruling clique held up by bottom-feeding cronies who fear losing their titles more than anything while the members flame each other to death and the community apart. I don't really see how that's change, but then I've still got my memories of Pacific to go on. Ordinary internal power-politics. Maybe our noble Knight didn't want any part of that, like the 60 or 70 others who've left your alliance recently, and that is why he chose the path of a Jedi.

I'm not sure where you're getting you're information, but I suspect you're simply pulling it from thin air. Everything I've quoted here is bogus. Our member flaming each other to death? We have probably the same amount of in-fighting as any other alliance, and our community is certainly not tearing itself apart, as you suggest. No, I'd say we're stronger than ever. 60-70 members who've left? It's closer to 6-7, but hey if you want to tack on a 0 at the end of that number to make it appear worse, that's fine. Everyone will know you're lying though.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're projecting your own alliances failings on us, Jedi. Oh and you calling the Dark Lord, "two-bit" is quite laughable. You all have fun attempting to inspire the weak-minded. We'll be busy shaping the Cyberverse into our image.

[ooc]now now folks, if this is going to be the semi-official Jedi/Sith RP thread lets all keep the cheap shots to a bare minimum. it ends up wrecking the fun. [/ooc]

You all have fun attempting to inspire the weak-minded. We'll be busy shaping the Cyberverse into our image.

Those who chose to control their base emotions and grow can hardly be called weak-minded. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that simply giving into them and striking out is hardly the mark of a trained mind. While the Jedi Order may have a small size, in the end size matters not. What we are is simply not the same old same old as any one of our Padawans could tell you. Both our Orders might be pushing our ranks to be the best they can but we have a different perspective on what makes one great. As far as shaping the Cyberverse in your image, I shutter to imagine such an uncivilized world.

/Oh, and if you're bound and determined to bash your heads against the wall, I can offer lessons on healing trances. Barring that, perhaps some Wookies might be better suited to the task. ;)

/Oh, and if you're bound and determined to bash your heads against the wall, I can offer lessons on healing trances. Barring that, perhaps some Wookies might be better suited to the task. ;)

Nah, Sith alchemy has made my skull nigh-indestructible. I dont need your weak healing arts designed to make up for your weak body's shortcomings.

Nah, Sith alchemy has made my skull nigh-indestructible. I dont need your weak healing arts designed to make up for your weak body's shortcomings.

Ah, so the quick and easy path of poisoning yourself is your alternative. Well, the offer stands when your body gives out from the constant abuse you will be putting it through.

Ah, so the quick and easy path of poisoning yourself is your alternative. Well, the offer stands when your body gives out from the constant abuse you will be putting it through.

We Sith can keep our bodies moving through sheer strength of Will and the Force. It shall never give out.

Even if you drop a pier on me.

We Sith can keep our bodies moving through sheer strength of Will and the Force. It shall never give out.

Even if you drop a pier on me.

A pier? How random an idea.

Though, I recall hearing of a past Sith lord that used that very ability to stay alive. He would have probably lived eternally fed by his own hatred and self loathing. In the end, however, he learned that the fire that was prolonging his life was also the very thing that made him miserable. Instead of enjoying his prolonged life he felt trapped in a prison and hated every second of it.

Just throwing that out there.

Change. An interesting concept.

When someone comes to me and says --"Hey, I've been watching and Nordreich doesn't seem at all like the way I remember it. How about we bury the hatchet and talk about becoming friends?" -- then I might just believe it's possible. Right now, all I see is a bunch of people who are too wrapped up in their own egos and their own petty little vengeful fantasies to see the opportunities before them. (There are notable exceptions, of course, but they are just that....exceptions.)

Until then, change is merely something I deny beggars on the street.

Forgive me if I have ingored the Jedi-Sith sniping, as fascinating as it was predictable.

Change. An interesting concept.

When someone comes to me and says --"Hey, I've been watching and Nordreich doesn't seem at all like the way I remember it. How about we bury the hatchet and talk about becoming friends?" -- then I might just believe it's possible. Right now, all I see is a bunch of people who are too wrapped up in their own egos and their own petty little vengeful fantasies to see the opportunities before them. (There are notable exceptions, of course, but they are just that....exceptions.)

Until then, change is merely something I deny beggars on the street.

Forgive me if I have ingored the Jedi-Sith sniping, as fascinating as it was predictable.

Hey Ive been watching NoR and damn you guys are pretty cool what do you say we bury the hatchet and see where it goes. :P

A pier? How random an idea.

Though, I recall hearing of a past Sith lord that used that very ability to stay alive. He would have probably lived eternally fed by his own hatred and self loathing. In the end, however, he learned that the fire that was prolonging his life was also the very thing that made him miserable. Instead of enjoying his prolonged life he felt trapped in a prison and hated every second of it.

Just throwing that out there.

I do it through sheer force of my being better than you.

Self-Loathing is for the weak.

My will is greater than yours, a statement of fact, not arrogance.

That will allows me to overcome all obstacles.

If you want to be technical, it's a statement of your opinion and not fact. You say you can overcome all obstacles, eh? How do you overcome the obstacle of hatred that is the Sith way?

If you want to be technical, it's a statement of your opinion and not fact. You say you can overcome all obstacles, eh? How do you overcome the obstacle of hatred that is the Sith way?

Because its not an obstacle, its a means for strengthening and improving oneself. Unlike you filthy Jedi who are ineffectual and suppress your emotions, we Sith use our passion to move ever forward. That is why we will change the world, and you shall be irrelevant.

Because its not an obstacle, its a means for strengthening and improving oneself. Unlike you filthy Jedi who are ineffectual and suppress your emotions, we Sith use our passion to move ever forward. That is why we will change the world, and you shall be irrelevant.

You use your passion to fulfill your appetites not to move forward. Only by understanding your emotions and putting them aside will one ever achieve inner peace and it is only through inner peace will one ever truly move forward. It is that inner peace that will allow the Jedi to always be relevant for there always will be people that understand only through understanding one's self and keeping objectivity will true freedom from self be reached.

And I'll have you know the showers at the Temple work quite well and my robes were laundered just yesterday, thankyouverymuch.

You use your passion to fulfill your appetites not to move forward. Only by understanding your emotions and putting them aside will one ever achieve inner peace and it is only through inner peace will one ever truly move forward. It is that inner peace that will allow the Jedi to always be relevant for there always will be people that understand only through understanding one's self and keeping objectivity will true freedom from self be reached.

And I'll have you know the showers at the Temple work quite well and my robes were laundered just yesterday, thankyouverymuch.

A hippy Jedi claiming to have showered? Now thats believable.

So, out of curiosity, what do you intend on doing with this freedom, anyway? Reflect on how the world could be better for a few thousand years, and then after coming up with a possible solution after millenia, you finally decide to take it to committee to be discussed for another few centuries before ultimately deciding that intervention leads to the dark side and ultimately refuse to do anything?

A hippy Jedi claiming to have showered? Now thats believable.

So, out of curiosity, what do you intend on doing with this freedom, anyway? Reflect on how the world could be better for a few thousand years, and then after coming up with a possible solution after millenia, you finally decide to take it to committee to be discussed for another few centuries before ultimately deciding that intervention leads to the dark side and ultimately refuse to do anything?

Hippies don't wear lightsabers.

Now I can see your mistake on thinking it takes millennium to come to a decision. I wouldn't expect one who simply lashes out as their emotions suit them to understand the simple yet difficult art that is control over oneself. Once you realize that, you also realize you don't need a committee dissecting an issue for centuries, all it takes is the Force and a clear detached mind.

Hippies don't wear lightsabers.

Now I can see your mistake on thinking it takes millennium to come to a decision. I wouldn't expect one who simply lashes out as their emotions suit them to understand the simple yet difficult art that is control over oneself. Once you realize that, you also realize you don't need a committee dissecting an issue for centuries, all it takes is the Force and a clear detached mind.

So I see maintaining control over ones self means ignoring the world around you? Naive.