You really want change?

So I'm sitting here wracking my brain working on a delicious huge wall of text on what change is and how to go about it but when it comes right down to it, I'm not one for big ole essays. Let's face it, attention spans seem to fry out after a couple of well written paragraphs anyway. So I figure, why bother crafting a large monstrosity that'd get picked apart, taken out of context, and anything else to fit individual agendas?

With that in mind, let me tell you why you're sitting there crying things like new boss same as the old boss. Simply put, Y-O-U are not doing anything to change the world around you. That's right YOU. No more pointing your finger and this alliance or that alliance leader, point that finger squarely at your own nose because it's you, me, and all of us that are not changing the world.

I mean, were you *really* thinking that a normal war was going to change the way that the world works? It's very shortsighted thinking after all. Alliances, well people rather, conduct wars the same way for the same reasons time and time again. To think that just because somebody else just happened to end up the winner that everything around you was gonna change was quite frankly wrong.

Now how do we actually get change? Bluntly, you've got to get off your duff and make it happen and no that doesn't mean you do the same things that were done before. After all, they have been done before and the results are we're in the same boat with a different helmsman.

Change your thinking. Here's a little primer to get the creative pump flowing. How's about two alliances that like to fight get toghether and conduct duels between the two? How's bout that? War loving alliances get to have some fun blowing stuff up without bothering that nation that rather enjoys peace. Maybe that's not enough for you. Well, how's about instead of just duel's you go full bore: encourage spying and recruitment from each other, arrange tournaments, hell you could even have a trophy for the winner that gets fought over every few months. That's something different right?

Now get off your rumps and quit complaining about every little thing you don't like. Thirty some-odd pages in a surrender topic are little more than whining after all, just a lot of words and hot air and no doing. Take your carcasses to your alliances headquarters and start working on something new, something different, something fun for Admin sake.

Why are you still reading this? Go and do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the subject line is the tl;dr. Stop !@#$%*ing and think of new ways to do things.

I have to say complaining how nothing is changing is the most constant thing I've seen in CN. I doubt anything will come of this. I for one am far too lazy to !@#$%*, let alone do. Good thoughts though.

So I'm sitting here wracking my brain working on a delicious huge wall of text on what change is and how to go about it but when it comes right down to it, I'm not one for big ole essays. Let's face it, attention spans seem to fry out after a couple of well written paragraphs anyway. So I figure, why bother crafting a large monstrosity that'd get picked apart, taken out of context, and anything else to fit individual agendas?

Because the world is full of attention seeking little kids. This is my true view of this world.

Overall, I support this message.

I have to say complaining how nothing is changing is the most constant thing I've seen in CN.

I sincerely doubt that will ever change, heh.

As a sort of opposition, there's always a good deal of musing about how things were "better" back in the "good old days", which to me (an outsider) seem quite a bit worse than the current day. A bunch of people want the clock to accelerate, but there seem to a be a bunch who want the clock to tick backwards...or some suitably horrific analogy.

In conclusion, ¯\(°_o)/¯

Edited by Aurion

I think the subject line is the tl;dr. Stop !@#$%*ing and think of new ways to do things.

I have to say complaining how nothing is changing is the most constant thing I've seen in CN. I doubt anything will come of this. I for one am far too lazy to !@#$%*, let alone do. Good thoughts though.

You're probably right. Everyone's all snug in their modern conventions on how things are supposed to be to challenge the norm and attempt something different. Then again, maybe somebody has a lightbulb light up over their noodle and brings something new to the table.

With that in mind, let me tell you why you're sitting there crying things like new boss same as the old boss. Simply put, Y-O-U are not doing anything to change the world around you. That's right YOU.

You're actually not talking about me here, Jedi.

encourage spying and recruitment from each other

This is why you're not refering to the Sith.

So you prefer action over words, do you? I think perhaps you're on the wrong side of things, Jedi. You would do well to reflect on that.

Edited by Corinan

So you prefer action over words, do you? I think perhaps you're on the wrong side of things, Jedi. You would do well to reflect on that.

Words have their place, usually before and after action. The fact that I'm using words right now pointing people towards working toghether rather than a rash action like that recent Sith recruitment drive shows I am where I need to be. Perhaps you would rather a different approach to the world? It's never too late to embrace the light after all.

I agree with the Jedi. He's absolutely right.

May I add one thing though for all of the bleeding hearts out there who have done a complete 180 in the last 10 weeks -

Most of us like war. Without war, this game would be very boring. In fact, TE was no doubt created to satisfy the craving for war. Can you imagine a version of CN that had no war feature? I seriously doubt very many would participate.

Also, those of you who are anti-Karma should spend some time reading the Karma war declarations. It was CN at it's best. In fact, it's absolutely hilarious to read the bloodlust by some and compare what the same people are posting now. To tell you all the truth, I'm a little bit amazed that there's not an alliance out there called the "Flip Flop Order" because a lot of you would be perfect candidates.

The whole world wanted blood and Karma delivered.

He is saying that he wishes he were part of the New Sith Order since we are the only alliance actually pushing for and accomplishing any level of real change in the Cyberverse but he has opted to join just a standard run of the mill alliance instead so that he could post about it without actually getting his hands dirty. :P

He is saying that he wishes he were part of the New Sith Order since we are the only alliance actually pushing for and accomplishing any level of real change in the Cyberverse but he has opted to join just a standard run of the mill alliance instead so that he could post about it without actually getting his hands dirty. :P

oh snap, Ivan just told us all. :ph34r:

If they want to make real change and not just talk about it, they know where they can find us, my Lord.

World-wide burn right there. I do agree with the OP though, a whole lotta finger pointing and not a lot to show for it. While I didn't like the mass recruiting from neutral alliances, I did find it refreshing. A change of pace in a dull world. I was actually speaking with another triumvir and we thought some alliance wars competitions would be fun.

And honestly, this Jedi/Sith back and forth is a great breath of fresh air as well.

He is saying that he wishes he were part of the New Sith Order since we are the only alliance actually pushing for and accomplishing any level of real change in the Cyberverse

This right here, don't fool yourselves and believe "Karma" is doing anything to change the way we play.

He is saying that he wishes he were part of the New Sith Order since we are the only alliance actually pushing for and accomplishing any level of real change in the Cyberverse

The change you have been advocating and trying to work towards is nothing but a return to the past. Are you really so blinded by your hatred as to be oblivious to the pain and suffering others around you would endure? I truly hope that is not the case, as I believe it means any hope of redemption is beyond you.

Attempts at change and expressions of differing cultures are generally met with aggression and violence, such is the intolerant nature of this community.

So instead we learn to love our manufactured community standards designed to quash any semblance of spontaneity, and we hail the select few leaders at the top table whose opinions actually matter. If we don't love these things we will be branded a threat immediately and find ourselves squashed sooner rather than later, and the rest of you will sit back and applaud the valour of those doing the squashing for 'protecting the community'... because if you don't you'll be next on the menu. Yep, we like the rule[r]s we have and the way they dictate what we can and cannot do in this realm; change is not acceptable in this instance.

Edited by Aimee Mann

I don't mind dirt on my hands at all. However, blood on my hands I chose to avoid. :v:

Actually your alliance is pushing back the clock on social taboos because you're recklessly trying to bust them down with your thick skulls rather than presenting reasoned arguments to soften the block first. Your confrontational approach breeds reactionaries that stall the progress you're claiming to be championing.

It's funny that a two-bit Sith dictator would call us run of the mill, I confess, considering the state of his own alliance. A ruling clique held up by bottom-feeding cronies who fear losing their titles more than anything while the members flame each other to death and the community apart. I don't really see how that's change, but then I've still got my memories of Pacific to go on. Ordinary internal power-politics. Maybe our noble Knight didn't want any part of that, like the 60 or 70 others who've left your alliance recently, and that is why he chose the path of a Jedi.

Or maybe his motivations are his own and we shouldn't be so presumptuous.