Poaching from our ranks- NSO

It's also an admin given right to get annoyed over the messages you receive. Point being that the NSO knows full well these messages will annoy people, hence why they only sent them to neutral alliances.

By all means, use your admin given right freely, just don't pick on the little kids because you think they can't punch you for it. It's not the hippies who need to grow some balls.

It could be we picked the hippies because we felt they could be shaped into useful tools, unlike some of the other tools who just drone on and on around here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well apparently I have too seeing as its not getting through his thick skull.

No. He completely understands that many people don't like the practice.

What he's doing is calling you on your "tough-guy" opposition.

Do you really think that NSO doesn't know precisely what they're doing?

It could be we picked the hippies because we felt they could be shaped into useful tools, unlike some of the other tools who just drone on and on around here.

You know full well that's crap, here you are saying people should get off their high horse, then you say you were trying to change the hippies for the better? It could be you picked the hippies because you felt they weren't a threat. Actually, that's just what you did.

Maybe an NSO member can field this question as it has been eating at me. If recruiting from neutrals is no big and deal and you want to break free from the mold, be special, etc., then why was an apology given to the GOP? It seems odd that when it comes to the identical situation with TDO that you defend your actions but when approached by the GOP you apologized for your actions. That doesn't all seem to add up for me.

The only reason I can see for this disrespect (and let's be honest here, it is) towards TDO would be that you believe they didn't exhaust private channels before making this public. Given, that could be a good enough reason to be belligerent. Though on the other hand, you guys have repeatedly said in this thread that you want the "wild west" standard of gaming back and don't want to live by the hegemonic norms. Private channels are a large portion of those hegemonic norms and if anything is "wild west", calling you out in public is.

Does someone want to clarify the things above for me?

Quoting this yet again to bring further attention to it.

OOC:

This is a much needed break from the BTA-TAB name drama and the NPO terms debate. If not for this stunt by the New Sith Order and the harsh response from the Democratic Order, who knows how long that monotony would have continued. Well played by both sides.

IC:

I am not sure why the actions of the Sith have been compared to the actions of Pacifica. The New Pacific Order stifled conflict and competition with the collaboration of almost the entire planet. The New Pacific Order spent the last year preventing new enemies from arising. They maintained peace, stability, and order through harsh one-sided wars. The Sith operate under no such pretext. In this instance, they unilaterally agitated the neutral sphere in order to create enemies where none existed before. They openly crave wars and chaos. The New Pacific Order created a systemic peace (and ultimately, a false peace. See: every major war prior to the Karma War and after the Unjust War); the Sith reject that peace and seek war.

Anyways, this stunt will fizzle out soon enough. I'm sure we'll see more dramatic confrontations between the various moralities of this planet.

As for this situation, I congratulate to the Green Old Party for standing up for their ideals and proving neutrality is not synonymous with silent acquiescence.

Edited by Dan123123

You know full well that's crap, here you are saying people should get off their high horse, then you say you were trying to change the hippies for the better? It could be you picked the hippies because you felt they weren't a threat. Actually, that's just what you did.

Or because it was a message about the great lie. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Non-Neutrals seem to be embracing that passion.

So essentially, the jist of the argument that I see coming from some of the people is: (replace the word 'drugs' with 'poach')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-AfOhyn_S4

I also find it funny how this concept of poaching = evil was created by the NPO-led Hegemony, and now upheld by some of the same people with the same fake outrage who not only supported the NPO while they enacted this policy, but then completely ignored NPO's fake outrage CB to attack OV for spying.

Peace is a lie. Only the strong shall survive.

No. He completely understands that many people don't like the practice.

What he's doing is calling you on your "tough-guy" opposition.

Do you really think that NSO doesn't know precisely what they're doing?

I'm a tough guy? :awesome:

Sure they do...

I think you need to re-read my post, and concentrate on the latter half of it, the first part was just the setup.

To be fair I don't care at all about the "act itself", as far as I'm concerned we can all recruit from each other. It's the argument that somehow because they're neutral, it's OK to do it.

I'd be interested to see the NSO begin sending similar messages to "well connected" alliances.

[ooc]I don't contend that it should be okay because they are neutral, I contend that it should be okay, period.

Of course, when one wishes to test a social hypothesis in this realm it is just sound judgement that you do so under the auspices that you want to breach the waters against someone who won't automatically get all emo and butthurt over the situation. Obviously in this instance such belief was in error. So be it.

If the experiment had garnered a new understanding on the conventions of the overly PC Cyberverse we may very well have considered a third stage to our experiment.

I believed that since step one, openly recruiting from Karma POWs, had gained little adverse response that this was simply a natural progression. I was wrong. Back to the drawing board. ;)[/ooc]

I thought the neutrals would think it was funny since obviously people join their alliances because of their politics.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Any official word about the recruiting of GPA nations? They weren't too happy about this when I talked to them earlier.

I was just about to ask this. The OP mentions that GPA was poached from also, but I haven't heard anything from them in this thread?

Hardly true. They can't defend against other alliances since other alliances will call in blocs to roll them: see that time the GPA got rolled. With respect to rogues, unless we take 95% of their troops (unlikely) their anti rogue deterrent will still be robust.

For starters, there never was a conversation. You never talked to us much in backchannels, and you never even had a chat with Moldavi.

Second of all, if you read my argument the answer clearly is no- you can't recruit from us. Why? Because recruiting from us would harm our ability to project power, which is the goal in one way or another of all non neutral alliances. Recruiting from you is okay because it doesn't harm your ability to fulfill your chosen key policy imperatives, as neutrality is not dependent on numbers. In fact, I argued (and you through silence conceded), that the act of recruiting from your alliance increases your level of neutrality by weeding out non-neutrals, making it a net positive for you. Please go back and reread my arguments: they answered all of your objections before you made them.

Lets seem if more can play this game.

Gre trades with TDO heavily and rely on TDO for a lot of our tech so you poaching their members undermines our ability to project our power which I so happen to view as a hostile act.

Oh look it comes back to bite you in the $@!.

Gre trades with TDO heavily and rely on TDO for a lot of our tech so you poaching their members undermines our ability to project our power which I so happen to view as a hostile act.

If you feel its a hostile act get on with your bad self.

Good CB. Especially for someone who loves war ;)

Edited by Lennox

What? I don't give a damn about your tech deals with gremlins.

This is probably the most asinine comment I have seen in this thread.

I conveyed a private message to the GPA MoFA. Private channels FTW. :P

But you couldn't be bothered to do the same to TDO while they were trying to reach you for quite some time?

The only time you showed up is when TDO made it public and it became a big issue. And you didn't even apologize. You can't even man up to your own actions and personally extend a decent arm of diplomacy.

Go go NSO!

But you couldn't be bothered to do the same to TDO while they were trying to reach you for quite some time?

The only time you showed up is when TDO made it public and it became a big issue. And you didn't even apologize. You can't even man up to your own actions and personally extend a decent arm of diplomacy.

Go go NSO!

Come back when you arn't speaking out of your rear end. If you read the thread, you'd know we've been talking and thus far both of us have been pleased with the solution.

Go go NSO!

Actually, my message to GPA came after my first post here, when I read my PMs.

I never received a PM from TDO. Imagine that.