Congratz to TOP!

Mentor

The spin put on jones' statements by TOP sickens me. Why not try to refute a little? Or you could keep playing it safe and acknowledge that there was more you could do while trying to turn it into a PR move to make jones look like a jerk.

Sorry, I've come to accept that he will troll us every announcement we ever make. If it were really about making points, he'd have made them and left the last dozen threads he's trolled us in.

Simple fact is, he's a trolling jerk. B)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right they could have just sided with NPO, that would have been doing more right? Not having to fight them was a huge gain by the Karma side, anything beyond that is a blessing.

The war was completely won by the time TOP decided to enter.

Fighting them wouldn't have mattered, the outcome would have been the same.

The spin put on jones' statements by TOP sickens me. Why not try to refute a little? Or you could keep playing it safe and acknowledge that there was more you could do while trying to turn it into a PR move to make jones look like a jerk.

If you were President Obama, and someone made a statement that you were building a secret army of aliens, you have two choices. 1. Ignore it/laugh it off and it goes away. 2. Respond to it and legitimize a statement you know to be both absurd and kind of funny.

Which do you choose?

Jones being a jerk? That's crazy talk!

If you were President Obama, and someone made a statement that you were building a secret army of aliens, you have two choices. 1. Ignore it/laugh it off and it goes away. 2. Respond to it and legitimize a statement you know to be both absurd and kind of funny.

Which do you choose?

An army of aliens is ridiculous, but jones' arguments hold water here. TOP did save stats by avoiding nuclear war.

NPO at least had a treaty with them, and OG was over there, so yes, they could have fought for the Hegemony, but I doubt they would have used the same tactics.. Not using nukes was a horrible move on TOP's part in this conflict, and they should have done all they could to help Karma if they were going to at all.

Ah, here comes more derailment. If you want to talk about our nuke policy, please, PM me and I will clear it up for you.

NPO at least had a treaty with them, and OG was over there, so yes, they could have fought for the Hegemony, but I doubt they would have used the same tactics.. Not using nukes was a horrible move on TOP's part in this conflict, and they should have done all they could to help Karma if they were going to at all.

your opinion.

IMHO noone should have used nukes until nuked first in a war. I wanted to use my nuke button so bad, so I nuked my first war, guess what i got nuked back and all it did was hurt me more. yes it was slower in the second round to take out my opponent without nukes, but guess what, he still went down, and i didn't as much. IE you can still crush your opponent without using nukes.

We've tried to in several threads but some people just want to troll regardless of what you say. Which of course is perfectly fine. He's more than welcome to continue as I am sure he knows.

Also, we are not trying to make anyone look like a jerk. We're having some fun in which no one gets hurt or insulted. This is a game afterall, so lighten up alittle. :P

your opinion.

IMHO noone should have used nukes until nuked first in a war. I wanted to use my nuke button so bad, so I nuked my first war, guess what i got nuked back and all it did was hurt me more. yes it was slower in the second round to take out my opponent without nukes, but guess what, he still went down, and i didn't as much. IE you can still crush your opponent without using nukes.

except during a full scale nuclear war, all you succeeded in doing was protect your friends in echelon by declaring when your help wasn't needed, and your lack of nuclear attacks meant, once you so un-ceremoniously exited the war, those targets were left bigger and stronger and able to do more damage to your supposed allies, you know, the ones you apparently helped by declaring war after the war was won.

your opinion.

Except with everyone else using nukes, your presence is un-needed unless you use them. Just a waste of slots otherwise.

EDIT: spacespeed > mine

Edited by Rey the Great

We've tried to in several threads but some people just want to troll regardless of what you say. Which of course is perfectly fine. He's more than welcome to continue as I am sure he knows.

Also, we are not trying to make anyone look like a jerk. We're having some fun in which no one gets hurt or insulted. This is a game afterall, so lighten up alittle. :P

Very much this. People (including myself sometimes) get way too worked up. I prefer games where you can fight someone as your opponent and then the next round be best friends... Way too many grudges, OOC hatred, and real anger in this game.

Except with everyone else using nukes, your presence is un-needed unless you use them. Just a waste of slots otherwise.

We can continue this discussion in PM, no?

It's not a waste of slots if those slots were not being filled to begin with. (And I'd even argue otherwise, but we're getting off on a tangent).

Edited by Dr. Dan

We can continue this discussion in PM, no?

It's not a waste of slots if those slots were not being filled to begin with.

Except they were being filled. All you ended up doing was steal slots, screw up staggers, allow a hell of a lot of nations to hit peace mode after your "help", and because you refused to nuke, you left those nations you hit able to retaliate against the real honourable alliances that were fighting against them. Had you done your job, had you truly helped, you wouldn't have tried to bully people around during the war, and after the war, and you'd have fully engaged your targets in order to protect those you were fighting along side.

But yeah, woo hoo, top.

And might I add, the people you attempted to bully around during and after the war, were people you were "helping", by "fighting" along side them.

Edited by astronaut jones

Except they were being filled. All you ended up doing was steal slots, screw up staggers, allow a hell of a lot of nations to hit peace mode after your "help", and because you refused to nuke, you left those nations you hit able to retaliate against the real honourable alliances that were fighting against them. Had you done your job, had you truly helped, you wouldn't have tried to bully people around during the war, and after the war, and you'd have fully engaged your targets in order to protect those you were fighting along side.

But yeah, woo hoo, top.

Actually, you're wrong. After we were done with Echelon, for example, they had few nations in peace mode, most of which were there when we declared. We're quite effective at war, to be honest. Their alliance was in smoldering ruins (which isn't to say we were completely responsible, but we played a hand and to say otherwise is being dishonest or completely uninformed).

Edit: Internet went goofy when I was typing.

Edited by Dr. Dan

Actually, you're wrong. After we were done with Echelon, for example, they had few nations in peace mode, most of which were there when we already declared? We're quite effective at war, to be honest. Their alliance was in smoldering ruins (which isn't to say we were completely responsible, but we played a hand and to say otherwise is being dishonest or completely uninformed).

uh huh, right. You're quite effective at war when it comes to saving your friends in echelon from taking a beating. You want to hype yourselves up, go ahead, but there's absolutely nothing to hype yourselves up about. The people who were fighting echelon before you, if you talk to them, you talk to the people in those alliances, you talk their leaders or the people on the ground, and they have nothing but complaints about your supposed help. And every complaint they have, is a complaint I've raised to you here and in other threads.

You can say all you want to say. You can get on your PR bike and pedal as fast as you can, but the people you supposedly helped? They don't see things the same way you see things, and I'd trust them over you any day of the week.

Now, I would have absolutely nothing to say if you just owned what you did. I called out NSO in one thread for being vultures, and ivan himself told me "yeah, so what? we did, we do it" ... obviously that's a paraphrase, but he owned up to it, and I couldn't say anything.

You on the other hand, keep trying to spread lies about how great you were at war, or how much you helped out, yet you did no such thing.

And I think that's where you have me wrong. I don't care ONE BIT what you do, so long as you own up to what you're doing and you don't try to hide it or disguise it.. and that's all you do, you disguise it, you hide it, you try to spin it.

Edited by astronaut jones

Actually, you're wrong. After we were done with Echelon, for example, they had few nations in peace mode, most of which were there when we already declared? We're quite effective at war, to be honest. Their alliance was in smoldering ruins (which isn't to say we were completely responsible, but we played a hand and to say otherwise is being dishonest or completely uninformed).

I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with anything you say, have said, or ever will say. I personally think you are responsible for the Goonland security act, Great War II, DrDavidBanner, The Tattler, Unjust War, the callous on my toe, as well as the inability of my friends to return a text message in a timely manner. You're continued disregard for bad gamesmanship, dishonor, and unpleasantness in general, as well as your complete disregard for failing to respond to spurious allegations, like the ones contained in this very post, will continue to show the world that by failing to respond to allegations that you attempted to betray Gremlins, tech raid Crymson, yell at BrotherKane, and otherwise are responsible for every slight I've ever seen committed in this game, just shows it all to be true.

Or something like that.

Congrats TOP on the milestone, you stat junkies, you.

VI

Last I checked a nation can only be nuked once per day...So what's the point in having 3 people trying to launch nukes when only 1 can hit?

uh huh, right. You're quite effective at war when it comes to saving your friends in echelon from taking a beating. You want to hype yourselves up, go ahead, but there's absolutely nothing to hype yourselves up about. The people who were fighting echelon before you, if you talk to them, you talk to the people in those alliances, you talk their leaders or the people on the ground, and they have nothing but complaints about your supposed help. And every complaint they have, is a complaint I've raised to you here and in other threads.

You can say all you want to say. You can get on your PR bike and pedal as fast as you can, but the people you supposedly helped? They don't see things the same way you see things, and I'd trust them over you any day of the week.

Now, I would have absolutely nothing to say if you just owned what you did. I called out NSO in one thread for being vultures, and ivan himself told me "yeah, so what? we did, we do it" ... obviously that's a paraphrase, but he owned up to it, and I couldn't say anything.

You on the other hand, keep trying to spread lies about how great you were at war, or how much you helped out, yet you did no such thing.

And I think that's where you have me wrong. I don't care ONE BIT what you do, so long as you own up to what you're doing and you don't try to hide it or disguise it.. and that's all you do, you disguise it, you hide it, you try to spin it.

actually they did nothing of the sort, this thread has nothign to do with the war.

You are the one who came in here trolling and bringing up the war. Perhaps we should get some mods here, for off-topic control eh?

I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with anything you say, have said, or ever will say. I personally think you are responsible for the Goonland security act, Great War II, DrDavidBanner, The Tattler, Unjust War, the callous on my toe, as well as the inability of my friends to return a text message in a timely manner. You're continued disregard for bad gamesmanship, dishonor, and unpleasantness in general, as well as your complete disregard for failing to respond to spurious allegations, like the ones contained in this very post, will continue to show the world that by failing to respond to allegations that you attempted to betray Gremlins, tech raid Crymson, yell at BrotherKane, and otherwise are responsible for every slight I've ever seen committed in this game, just shows it all to be true.

Or something like that.

VI

:lol1: , thanks for that.

BK is my muffin. Anyways, I'm done with the derailment. Bye :D.

Edited by Dr. Dan

actually they did nothing of the sort, this thread has nothign to do with the war.

You are the one who came in here trolling and bringing up the war. Perhaps we should get some mods here, for off-topic control eh?

[ooc] don't forget all the mentions of trolling and moderation, done by TOP members [/ooc]

They did say such things, when I "congratulated" them on their top spot. I never brought up the war, just that they plotted and schemed their way to the top.

Or something like that.

VI

Good Sir, I will let you know that DrDavidBanner was an inspiration to this game more so than any of Vladimir's works