Congratz to TOP!

Mentor

Are we going to see an increase in member numbers soon in TOP?

I think our pace will remain the same. Our numbers are a bit inflated by ghosts, our member count hasn't grown that much in the last 2 months, currently at 207. I don't see a reason to change what we've been doing so far. Our goal has never been #1 in score or NS. We want an active, and good community. The active normally means they will grow faster, the good is hard to define but it is all about their character and our preference of the type of people we like. So the short answer is no.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: and just to make this more relevant to the general debate: up until TOP entered this war, I had not been in any offensive wars (probably because the enemies were all !@#$%*^) and I gained NS (through tech and land even though I was nuked). Then came TOP with Jenavia, Dr.Dan and a smaller nation (mea culpa for not remembering your name mate) and really tore me a new one, doing regular quads, making use of the nukes GOD still dropped on me and then the second round came (with Jaymay and others attacking me) and I was beginning to get tired and for the first time I turtled 3 days of those wars until I could get into peace because no one was interested in renewing my wars.

It's not like anyone who believes TOP and Echelon are bestest of buds and have secretly made a pact during this war will listen to me.... but I owe it to TOP anyway, great bunch of fighters and good sports during the times I've met 'em :).

For the record I had a bigger nation tha Dr.Dan :P

Edited by jstep

Oracomm left because of a dispute with me (not Hefe, not sure Hefe was a blib on the radar at the time even), the dispute being that he didn't agree with a statement I made, called me a Nazi and left. Cozmo and I have made up and I believe that was the only issue there was about that (and the reason for that was not dislike, but the feeling of betrayal which comes from being too close at times), and it was a promise, not a threat :P. The rest, apart from RLMMO and JayMay left in a normal fashion, but in such a small community, everyone who leaves, also leaves scars, that may be why a member leaving us seems to be more emotional, sometimes seen as negative. The two cases (RLMMO and Jaymay) though are quite interesting, nothing that can be discussed or summed up in less than a 10 page paper. We also have RLMMO people still in who expected that break, which was independent of Echelon. You make it sound as though Echelon and Echelon's leaders were solely to blame for everything above, with which I thouroughly disagree (but don't see the need to debate here, in public, with people who have no idea what we are talking about and with my memory being as bad as it is as well ;)). Though I can say that I did not agree with the paranoia fueled by some in Echelon and the pm stuff (I actually left in protest when I heard of it and went hiding in MKs application alliance at the time due to the real AA still being under terms and stuff... fun times :D).

Cut loose, yes, but also informed of it and they didn't see fit to look for a new protector in time (I remember posting on their forums about it 2 weeks prior to the actual cancellation). And also, if you sprout those things about the guys who are offering protection on a public board without confronting them on your own, what do you expect us to do, bend over and take more? And no one sicked PC on them, but I guess both sides are guilty of the paranoia thing :P.

These things were a mess, and my opinion is biased on the issue. Hefe or Devopast told Oracomm that if he didn't like it to leave the alliance or something like that hence, I forget his name now going, rogue on them. Heck I would even say we've made up. Not friends like we used to be but we aren't like it was after the split till two months ago.

I also think your being defensive, my departure is no ones fault. I made it clear that me and Caffine both called eachother idiots. That me and RLMMO !@#$%*ed about Echelon on their boards after I left. Not my proudest moments. I did for a time feel that Echelon had it out for me and Jay though due to the steady stream of people joining TOP from Echelon.

Either way it wasn't a shake of the hand, and a happy fairwell. And yes RLMMO !@#$ on Echelon on their own boards with me and anyone that wanted to see it could have. The departure was still hot and everyone was pissed.

Do I regret how some of the things went down? sure. Did we leave on good manner? no. Were TOP and Echelon best of buds before this war? no. And we certainly aren't friends now. Echelon will always hold a special place for me, you can't be in an alliance for more then a year and commit so much time and not give a !@#$ after you leave it. But the baseless assumptions that TOP gave the white peace to Echelon because we were friends has to stop.

I think our pace will remain the same. Our numbers are a bit inflated by ghosts, our member count hasn't grown that much in the last 2 months, currently at 207. I don't see a reason to change what we've been doing so far. Our goal has never been #1 in score or NS. We want an active, and good community. The active normally means they will grow faster, the good is hard to define but it is all about their character and our preference of the type of people we like. So the short answer is no.

Ah, I think you might have answered the actual question as well as the one I put forth with this answer so I will leave it at that. Thank you Khyber.

The efforts of FAIL have not gone unnoticed amidst this war. I for one, too, do not believe in coincidences.

Though we were allied once, and are no longer, the bond of affection I hold for TOP remains of such strength that I shall supply their poem to you for them:

The short rain of fail

Spartan waters overflow

Paradox reigns now

You forgot to add:

A literative haiku by Cortath

oh I lol'd

When it comes to the TOP puns you TOP everyone.

I'm your biggest FAN.

Sincerely Timberland

Well, now that Karma has TOPpled the NPO, it would appear that you guys are unsTOPpable, however, just put things on auTOPilot for a while, sit back, relax, unsTOPper some wine and maybe play a tableTOP game or two. We're currently in the process of doing an auTOPsy of the remnants of NPO's governments so you don'T OPpress people in the same manner, and then we shall toss out the current dysTOPia, and found a uTOPic place for all TO Prosper and live.

Well, now that Karma has TOPpled the NPO, it would appear that you guys are unsTOPpable, however, just put things on auTOPilot for a while, sit back, relax, unsTOPper some wine and maybe play a tableTOP game or two. We're currently in the process of doing an auTOPsy of the remnants of NPO's governments so you don'T OPpress people in the same manner, and then we shall toss out the current dysTOPia, and found a uTOPic place for all TO Prosper and live.

I don't know if I hate you, or love you right now.

This is still going on, why?

No one likes TOP.

I like TOP.

I know, no one likes NATO, me, former hegemony alliances, the color aqua, orange alliances, whatever the plural of platypus is, rainbows, good debate, rational arguments, backing up rational arguments, Astronauts, Jones's, Compton, greenacres, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Paradoxes, Doctors, Cyber anything, !@#$ showing in every thread, incoherent ramblings, ODN, Citadel, Gramlins, umlauts, water, space, anything you don't like, trading, tech.

All bow to AJ, straight outta Compton yo.

Congrats TOP.