Nordheim Announces,

Kaiser Martens

OOC: /shrugs

Uber, the IC condition is for him to hold elections...but since the elections are taking in his country, he decides what his population will do, how many will vote, who they will vote for, etc. No one gets to decide the outcome other than Martens himself, even if you have a thousand nuclear weapons pointed at him. Of course, that might make him change his mind, but he gets to wholly control how his people reacts, whether if they seem to be "brainwashed" or not.

IC: We recognize Nordheim as a sovereign state, and hope to see their people choose what they want.

Edited by V The King

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: (For Martens flipping himself a coin) Quickly make two of these, then have them fight and save the battle. Little more complicated than a coin toss, but at least its easily provable and keeps an exact record.

OOC: Maybe I am just outdated lol, but I am very pro-RPer Sovereignty (EG, the RPer is in full control of their nation, and the only outside things that can influence them are IC influences.) I don't like the idea of forcing a specialized aspect of regulation onto KM just to punish him for some OOC reason. (I mean clearly its for an OOC reason as IC isn't supposed to effect OOC).

Uber, the IC condition is for him to hold elections...but since the elections are taking in his country, he decides what his population will do, how many will vote, who they will vote for, etc. No one gets to decide the outcome other than Martens himself

I'd have to agree with this - although there is some great fodder here for RP potential by "forcing" an election outcome that Martens may not necessarally like, and then Martens' people work their way back to overthrow or de-elect the earlier (what they deem) rigged election or regime change.

<cough> Treaty of Versailles anyone? </cough>

OOC: Maybe I am just outdated lol, but I am very pro-RPer Sovereignty (EG, the RPer is in full control of their nation, and the only outside things that can influence them are IC influences.) I don't like the idea of forcing a specialized aspect of regulation onto KM just to punish him for some OOC reason. (I mean clearly its for an OOC reason as IC isn't supposed to effect OOC).

OOC: The problem is, it's becoming an odd blend here.

I'm trying to find a way to have 'elections' just not be someone posting "everyone loves me". But if that is what the majority thinks should happen, then that is what the election clause will do.

I'd have to agree with this - although there is some great fodder here for RP potential by "forcing" an election outcome that Martens may not necessarally like, and then Martens' people work their way back to overthrow or de-elect the earlier (what they deem) rigged election or regime change.

<cough> Treaty of Versailles anyone? </cough>

OOC: Sorry for the double post, but this is a better explained version of something I said earlier. He can easily RP a 2nd election where his personal preferences win.

OOC: The problem is, it's becoming an odd blend here.

I'm trying to find a way to have 'elections' just not be someone posting "everyone loves me". But if that is what the majority thinks should happen, then that is what the election clause will do.

OOC: Talk with Martens to reach an outcome. I'm sure he isn't as much of a egomaniac to RP a North Korea.

OOC: Talk with Martens to reach an outcome. I'm sure he isn't as much of a egomaniac to RP a North Korea.

OOC: Up to him, I don't care anymore, free elections = his RP.

I would obviously prefer a coin toss or a dice roll, but if it will just stop the whining, let's just make it entirely RP and move on.

Sorry for the double post, but this is a better explained version of something I said earlier. He can easily RP a 2nd election where his personal preferences win.

Personally I've always really enjoyed opening up my elections to outside OOC influence (re: open polls on the forum) to keep me on my toes as to how I will RP the results.

The only time I have restricted (i.e. determined results myself) was when I had Malan's one-ticket ballot because of the direction I needed to take Transvaal in postwar reconstruction.

However support nation RP sovreignty so ultimately it is for him to decide the direction his people go.

Kaiser Martens will be killed on sight by any member of the Free Republic of Somal should he come within our sights. His scalp will be preserved as a warning to those in indulge in his sort of madness.

Edited by Firestorm

"Or perhaps the codes should go to the Hanseatic Commonwealth? The point is that Slavorussia has always been an Imperialist, and we as the once persecuted will not accept this victim mentality."

Slavorussia is an empire, yes, but Slavorussia is not imperialist. Although we have over the years added several territories to Slavorussia we ultimately left the decision to the people. When Villarus's government asked for our help putting down a coup we went in with the intention of defeating the rebel military groups and policing the country for as long as they wanted us to. As we entered the country friendly soldiers in Villarus, unexpectedly, declared allegiance to the Slavorussian Empire and to the Tsar. Even though we had no intention of holding them to their declarations the citizens voted to join Slavorussia, while those who didn't retained their independence becoming Estovakia.

After Nordland broke up the first time the Baltic States were entrusted to us as a protectorate, since it had been part of Slavorussia decades ago before communism spread through eastern Europe. All three states seemed very interested in becoming part of Slavorussia in the weeks after their independence from Nordland, again we let the people vote.

North India, this is an interesting situation. Burma had been a Slavorussia colony, and later a protectorate. The independent government of Burma later acquired territory in Northern India and after their collapse we deployed soldiers to keep the peace. Although there was talk of North India becoming a province of Slavorussia the people ultimately voted against it and two independent countries were born there.

We've never persecuted you or your people, but you have some grudge against us. If giving people a choice in their fate makes us imperialist swine, then we're guilty. We are at the world's mercy to stop our unchecked choice driven imperialism across the world. /sarcasm

OOC: He would remember who saved Slavorussia in the first place, and be grateful.

Not that I expect it from a backstabber, but maybe the world might change.

ooc: Also was that an attempt at a flame? I'm very grateful to the people that "saved Slavorussia in the first place." People like Cent, Lynneth, Jed, MV, Uberstein and all of CommIntern, the Dragon Bloc and the TEC and Sarah. If they didn't include me when they offered terms to prevent the last war then im 100% sure nobody who defeated me in the war would have given me back any land so that I could rp Slavorussia.

And who did I backstab Sumer? KM? BR? Merger? Maltose? Triyun? Vince? I didn't stab any of these guys in the back. IC none of their countries were ever officially my allies, but even if they were they invaded ME. Who else could I have backstabbed Cent? Uberstein? Vaule? Mykep? Sarah? Please let me know when I've guessed their name. I think you need to apologize for calling me a backstabber, and reevaluate your ability to separate ic from ooc. It looks like, for some reason, you have something against me ooc, but you've never been courteous enough to send a pm and tell me what I did, so i try doing that, then you can continue calling me names on the forums.

"Or perhaps the codes should go to the Hanseatic Commonwealth? The point is that Slavorussia has always been an Imperialist, and we as the once persecuted will not accept this victim mentality."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Giving the land to the imperialists rather than the people who rightfully own the land! That is rich! God, the humor from your nation is so great!"

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

OOC: (For Martens flipping himself a coin) Quickly make two of these, then have them fight and save the battle. Little more complicated than a coin toss, but at least its easily provable and keeps an exact record.

OOC: Uh, that doesn't work. Something in the link is filtered out.