Nordheim Announces,

Kaiser Martens

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"This new set of terms is completely unacceptable and a blatent attempt to keep the Nords in power despite their criminal actions. We will not accept these peace terms."

"Or perhaps the codes should go to the Hanseatic Commonwealth? The point is that Slavorussia has always been an Imperialist, and we as the once persecuted will not accept this victim mentality."

OOC: I'm sure Justinian will be VERY thrilled about this. ;)

OOC: He would remember who saved Slavorussia in the first place, and be grateful.

Not that I expect it from a backstabber, but maybe the world might change.

Edited by Sumeragi

We do not want to do it, but if we run out of conventional means, we'll have no choice. I'm hoping that my determination and my willingness to accept the middle point propose above will be enough to stop it. Otherwise, this will be just like in Italy.

One would think that once out of conventional means, surrender would be better than that much blood on your hands. Your very bones would be blackened with the blood of the innocent. However, your 'middle' ground is highly leant towards your objectives, where you would suffer little to no losses as a result of the war. I would advise the placing of the Baltic states as a joint european protectorate. For the nuclear weapons, have them moved to unable to be fired by you, and place the codes in the hands of an ally.

However. Know this. Once Martens and I had a chat. We stay true to our own, we do not interfere. But he is a great man. Terrible things have been done, but he can always come to Aotearoa. Sneak him onto a evacuee ship, and he can be on his own island in the pacific in peace and security in a few days.

Oh look, an attempt to make me look bad. Shape up, this is international politics, not the kindergarten playground.

Nordheim's statement was quite true, since if it weren't for the coalition, TEC wouldn't have a chance against Nordheim by itself.

Prime Minister Anita Pesonen has written up what she believes to be proper terms:

Nordheim must:

-Be unable to use their nuclear weapons offensively. Handing complete control over to Prussia is acceptable.

-Have their current leaders put on trial.

-Have a free election by their people, monitored by coalition forces.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: I'm thinking maybe a dice roll performed by a GM, using odds created in a poll.

Or if you're completely absolutely against polls (I don't see the problem with them, I left my last election up to one), then we can just have a 50/50 chance dice roll by a GM.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: Only I get to RP my citizens, my citizens HATE democracy.

OOC: Free elections is part of the terms. I think having a neutral GM roll on it is the best option, because it prevents bias.

You're obviously going to RP that the Nords win absolutely, even after their leadership has threatened the world with Nukes. A poll could be rigged. If you don't trust the GM we give the job too, then obviously there is the issue that you either need to get said GM removed (we can't have a biased GM, you know) or you need to get less paranoid.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: No, Im refusing to RP anything else but a Martencist Meritocratic Militarist Government of Anti-democratic characteristics. I can RP ellections, but if I RP them, it'll be under my own terms, people massively deciding not to show up to vote as a protest or voting improvised "hail martens" papers. And also riots against the enemy forces. You don't get it, our people really REALLY hate democracy.

OOC: You do not get to decide what my people like or dislike. Also, you hypocritical little thing, keep pretending that this war was not OOC, heh.

OOC: Nice flamebait.

Feel free to not believe me, but I treat my IC and OOC as different things. This war was IC, sorry you can't see that. I recognize that I easily could have made it OOC, but want to know what I want OOC? The complete removal of you from the RP. But notice IC, the Mariehamm government is simply asking for Nordheim to remove it's nuclear power, put it's leaders on trial, and have an election.

I recognize what I can do, and thus, try to control it. My father has raised me not to let !@#$ control me, and I have honestly created separate personalities for these characters to use in the RP. My IC and OOC are different things.

I never said I would decide, I said a dice roll would. A big difference.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: Eh I think that's way too extreme. Something like that would force him to RP a certain way indefinitely. If I were him I'd rather quit, than submit to such a term. Also that's an OOC specification. You could say "open elections" but I don't think you can specify how they are conducted OOC. That's basically metagaming.

OOC: Eh I think that's way too extreme. Something like that would force him to RP a certain way indefinitely. If I were him I'd rather quit, than submit to such a term. Also that's an OOC specification. You could say "open elections" but I don't think you can specify how they are conducted OOC. That's basically metagaming.

OOC: Indefintely? He could easily have another election in a week that he controls, it's once dice roll, not a prison sentence.

OOC: Also even if he did accept it, but didn't abide by the roll how are you going to enforce it with IC actions? That would be metaging as well.

Edited by iamthey

OOC: Also even if he did accept it, but didn't abide by the roll how are you going to enforce it with IC actions? That would be metaging as well.

OOC: Hmm, good point, I was going to ask a GM to enforce it.

If anyone has any better ideas how to get an unbiased election going, throw them out there.

Idea: Martens HIMSELF flips a coin. I've done that for a lot of my RP's. (Not many on this forum, but on other RP's I have)

Edited by BaronUberstein