transparency?

logan1

what AAs do you believe have the general memberships the most in the loop of alliance affairs?

as we all know most AAs keep general members in in dark on important decisions being made behind the scenes, and even the not so important decisions.

so my question is which AAs allow there general members the biggest roll whether its helping make alliance decisions or just being able to see the govt work toward their decisions.

or all all AAs govts behind locked doors?

thanks for your input in advance.

Logan1 of Bedford.

PS this is not a recruitment type post, just looking for input on other members AAs.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general the smaller and close knit communities are more open and willing to share "sensitive" information.

Best and worst, a fair number of smaller alliances only have a couple truly active members and information can get caged up there.

I think it really just comes down to how close knit the alliance is, which just happens to be highly correlated to size. A good example are alliances that largely recruit from outside CN. Their membership is really here for the alliance more than the game itself at that point. Also high on the list are ideological to-the-death alliances. I know the FCC for example got up to 60+ members and was a fairly powerful alliance at one time and while staying completely open. I believe a lot of the communist alliances function similarly.

If you want a good external indicator of how close knit an alliance is you can generally look at how strict their membership requirements are, allowing for variations in how prominent the alliance is.

thanks, i knew about TOP, i always admired them for their openness toward general membership.

i am also happy to hear that not as many AAs are all bottled up like most ive been a part of.

thanks everyone up to this point and beyond!

I think it really just comes down to how close knit the alliance is, which just happens to be highly correlated to size.

Perhaps, though I would tend to disagree. IMO, transparency in an alliance comes about though a constitution which protects it and a member base which follows the constitution, including government. That has a lot to do with the maturity level of the alliance. There are mature alliance out there that do not have transparency. But, that is due to it being written into the layout of the alliance. In order to have a very open alliance, where government and membership openly discuss and work hand in hand, you have to have democracy coupled with a mature player base.

Edited by DogeWilliam

IMO, transparency in an alliance comes about though a constitution which protects it and a member base which follows the constitution, including government.

Or lack of a constitution.

In order to have a very open alliance, where government and membership openly discuss and work hand in hand, you have to have democracy coupled with a mature player base.

Amen to that.

Edited by Arrnea

Nemesis Gov is tremendously open with general membership. Going from the GGA to Nemesis is really kind of a night and day difference in terms of what information you're entrusted with and the level of interaction with Gov.

That's because there are/were tons of spies in GGA, and nobody really cares about Nemesis right now.

Nemesis has always seemed to be most in loop these days.

In a related tangent, my alliance has become much communicative and aware of our machinations as this war has progressed. I hope it stays that way.

The internal happenings of the Initiative are discussed pretty regularly in the private channel and on the boards outside of the usual OpSec stuff. I know to some extent this was also true with The German Empire as far as upcoming internal programs and bigger treaties.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

TOP is more open to its membership than the couple small alliances I've been in. Just about everything passes through the general membership before the government takes action. And as stated earlier, every TOP applicant is reviewed by the membership.

Edited by Vladimir Stukov II