Petition to end Racial Superiority RP in CNRP

Maelstrom Vortex

End racial superiority RPs?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My concern is that hate groups are trying to use this forum as a tool and I'd rather that not happen. How many of us here would like to discover someone from CNRP as the gunner at a national memorial? I doubt we'd have a game much longer.

I object to racism being considered natural. We are not beasts. We have minds. It is a choice.

But it is natural. Racism comes from basic human instincts. People are naturally scared of other/ different people because new people means that you are near a new tribe, which means that there is no food and you need to run away.

Racism has always existed, and you can never really get rid of it. After the US Civil War, none of the white northerners wanted people of African Descent moving in next to them, they were still every bit as racist as a Southerner, they just didn't like slavery (that much). Hell, people could make the argument that no one is truly not racist, that it is just years of conditioning that has convinced us that racism is bad, and we should be ashamed of ourselves, and that someone who truly doesn't care about race has mental deficiencies. That isn't my belief, but there is evidence to support it. No one can honestly say they don't at least have a little voice in the back of their head that says racist things, it's just most people in polite society take control of it, and overcome it. I'm not saying racism is okay, but it is still part of society.

Sorry if that sounded weird, family keeps waking me up early and I haven't had much sleep.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really I don't know about others but I have yet to see people shouting out: Death to the jews!! All blacks are, well you know what. I have yet to see any of that. All I have seen is people wishing to roleplay one culture which they prefer to rp as. Of course if you can link me to this hate group messages please do.

Because they haven't. However, if I had a nickel for every time a German or Japanese nation went on about superiority, I'd be rich.

Edit: And Korean. And Chinese. Basically any country that has a history racism being RPed in CNRP. Hell, RV's was pretty racist also when he was around.

Edited by hawk_11

Because they haven't. However, if I had a nickel for every time a German or Japanese nation went on about superiority, I'd be rich.

Edit: And Korean. And Chinese. Basically any country that has a history racism being RPed in CNRP. Hell, RV's was pretty racist also when he was around.

That is true I have seen that but can anyone here so that they have never thought of their country being better than some one elses or have you ever said anything bad about another country? Because that is still racism and yet I believe nobody argues over it.

Regardless the general issue is that. Racism is bad but so is war and other parts of human existance. If you want to ban one of them then you have to ban them all.

That is true I have seen that but can anyone here so that they have never thought of their country being better than some one elses or have you ever said anything bad about another country? Because that is still racism and yet I believe nobody argues over it.

I present to you the Greater Nordic Reich: multiple countries united by race. As opposed to the Dragon Empire, multiple countries united by political beliefs. Also what you're referring to is nationalism, which can be as bad as racism, but is an entirely different thing.

Edited by hawk_11

So who would be judge, jury and executioner for this plan?

Also, I think the community has been pretty self-policing to date. I know racists don't get very far in FAN before 'leaving' and I assume the other forums are similar. So that would tend to weed out individual scumbags. On an alliance level, it becomes that much more obvious. When the 88 crowd tried to get a foothold here, they were run out.

We don't really need this IMHO

I present to you the Greater Nordic Reich: multiple countries united by race. As opposed to the Dragon Empire, multiple countries united by political beliefs. Also what you're referring to is nationalism, which can be as bad as racism, but is an entirely different thing.

When I mentioned countries I meant in real life countries. For example I have heard people say the french are all cowards who flee at a thunderstorm. That is racism towards french culture and its people. Also if the GNR say they are superior to the inferior cultures of the rest of the world then yes that is racisim which should be dealt with IC.

I agree with getting rid of racist OOC things with reports. I don't agree with getting rid of racist IC things with a vote. As much as I detest racism in every form, Botha has had an Apartheid (or Apartheid-like) government for years and Tahoe celebrates the Irish and Catholicism (I think). Both of those are older, more mature RPers and I don't see a problem with it. I myself hosted an election in RP and for whatever strange reason the White Pride group won a bit of support. Somehow they managed to get power and I'll be RPing it as maturely as I can.

Until you find me joining Stormfront, I'll ask for you to not try to ban what I'm doing. :P

I agree with getting rid of racist OOC things with reports. I don't agree with getting rid of racist IC things with a vote. As much as I detest racism in every form, Botha has had an Apartheid (or Apartheid-like) government for years and Tahoe celebrates the Irish and Catholicism (I think). Both of those are older, more mature RPers and I don't see a problem with it. I myself hosted an election in RP and for whatever strange reason the White Pride group won a bit of support. Somehow they managed to get power and I'll be RPing it as maturely as I can.

What.

End topic. I want to see this RP, and I'll be damned if a poll is going to get in my way.

When I mentioned countries I meant in real life countries. For example I have heard people say the french are all cowards who flee at a thunderstorm. That is racism towards french culture and its people. Also if the GNR say they are superior to the inferior cultures of the rest of the world then yes that is racisim which should be dealt with IC.

I dunno, I'd call a dislike of France nationalism.

Here's the deal, humans don't have instincts. Shocking, I know, but it's true. It's one of the reasons why human children cannot venture out on their own for many years. I think you guys are mistaking instinct for intuition.

At any rate, racism is bred. You are not born hating people with different skin colors. When you're three years old you might ask your mom 'Why is their skin different?' but that's about the extent of 'natural racism.'Even if people are 'born racist' environmental factors ultimately outweigh that by 100 fold.

Regardless of if you're born with it or not, I believe not, it is what you learn that decides if you grow into a racist or not.

Anywho, I assume you're talking about Yamato and Nordland. While I appreciate that this community can see that not only white cultures are racist, I have yet to see where Nordland was being racist. Of course, I could have missed some posts or something, but subjugation into their culture isn't racism it's just that, subjugation. If anything, they would be including all the people in their governance as the 'super race,' but I don't believe there's any reference to that.

EDIT- Also, Vedran's correct.

Edited by Cody Seb

It varies.. some walk the lines closer than others. I don't like pointing out specific people as much as calling attention to the issue and ask people just be a little more watchful of how they handle things. There are some people, not all, but some.. are so close to what they RP in terms of their RL beliefs they are almost inseparable. Not everyone is like that.. but you don't know who might really believe what they're playing.

It varies.. some walk the lines closer than others. I don't like pointing out specific people as much as calling attention to the issue and ask people just be a little more watchful of how they handle things. There are some people, not all, but some.. are so close to what they RP in terms of their RL beliefs they are almost inseparable. Not everyone is like that.. but you don't know who might really believe what they're playing.

And I agree, it is a fine line. I voted for it to be allowed, but I would hope there would be enough respect to not take it that far. I think the whole Slav deal in the Silver Revolution thread was a bit much, but I have yet to see how that fully plays out.

1) People don't necessarily believe in the same ideals that their countries expound, in fact I've seen plenty of good rper's play racist or even genocidal nations to make the case against it.

2) I personally think its bad enough the kiddie wheels are on with the word filter, limiting realistic character dialogue in stressed situations. Taking out this evil would just further isolate and limit rper's options and imagination. Why not have every rp start and end like a cheesy Disney movie? Then we can really have that family oriented forum we always wanted...

Let me says I watch the rp's but don't wish to participate on these forums due to the limitations in place.

These types of beliefs have resulted in the worst travesties to affect mankind in history, and though realism can be good, it can also be very wrong.. very evil

Lets ban wars while we're at it. Or how about the ideologies that lead to wars...lets ban ideologies altogether actually.

Lets ban wars while we're at it. Or how about the ideologies that lead to wars...lets ban ideologies altogether actually.

That point's alraedy been made. No more need to be sarcastic.

For the record, yas, IC it should be allowed, up to the limits imposed by the forum rules.

Y Hello Thar, has everyone forgotten about my war for justice and a free Europa?

<_<