Petition to end Racial Superiority RP in CNRP

Maelstrom Vortex

End racial superiority RPs?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Y Hello Thar, has everyone forgotten about my war for justice and a free Europa?

<_<

Not I havn't. I know you have but that is why you didn't need to be brought up. You are a sparkiling example of humanity to us all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: It should be allowed as long as it is done in a mature manner.

In my own case, Transvaal has always had a deep-seated racial problem due to its particular history and which sees no easy means out. The problems are based on real world experiences past and present and sometimes I find it rather interesting to see how others in RP re-act to what my government does (especially right now during the military dictatorship), challenge and confront them to make uncomfortable decisions and whether some nations compromise their own morals and believes simply to gain our favour (like many real world nations also do).

As much as I detest racism in every form, Botha has had an Apartheid (or Apartheid-like) government for years

OOC: Just for the record, regardless what my RP is like, I oppose racism for racism sake. My parents left SA before I was born so I didn't have to grow up in that poisoned environment.

But I've also had to put this statement ("The user Botha has also stated OOC (out-of-character) that he does not support nor encourage apartheid in real life.") in my user character's bio on the CN Wiki because when I first started up as Botha, I used to get all sorts of bozo's trying to recruit or discuss white supremacy. And oddly enough, despite popular perception on Planet Bob, none of them were ever from Nordreich...

ADDED LATER: Also, sometimes I RP so I can challenge myself with moral issues - as in what would I do if I were brought up under those circumstances and brought up under that mentality, both of which could well have happened.

Edited by Botha

Not I havn't. I know you have but that is why you didn't need to be brought up. You are a sparkiling example of humanity to us all.

Um, I haven't forgotten my war. I'm simply not suicidal enough to attack a larger force in unfamiliar terrain with no air support to speak of.

And I thought you were leaving.

Um, I haven't forgotten my war. I'm simply not suicidal enough to attack a larger force in unfamiliar terrain with no air support to speak of.

And I thought you were leaving.

I meant that you were one of those who deals with it IC not that you had forgotten your war :).

This is like saying that Political Correctness should be obeyed on the forums as well. I do not agree with banning racial RP any more then I agree with creating a mandatory history mold to form into. It stifles creativity and leaves us with finite possibilities to write about; thus making the RP stale over time.

OOC: Just for the record, regardless what my RP is like, I oppose racism for racism sake. My parents left SA before I was born so I didn't have to grow up in that poisoned environment.

Botha, I was damn sure that I put in there something about how Botha's really an awesome dude who wasn't racist, but for some reason it wasn't there. I think the fact that you can calmly state this while also RPing (maturely) your type of government says loads about your character.

Botha, I was damn sure that I put in there something about how Botha's really an awesome dude who wasn't racist, but for some reason it wasn't there. I think the fact that you can calmly state this while also RPing (maturely) your type of government says loads about your character.

I support this statement. it is full of win!!!! :awesome:

it is full of win!!!!

Well, let me tell you what *is* full of win: in the 1980s when some of my relatives visited us from SA, I talked one of the "coloured" girls at my school to play along the part of being my GF just so I could take her home and see what kind of fireworks and !@#$ would go off with my relatives (my parents didn't care, actually thought it was amusing). At the time, I believe it was still illegal in SA for whites to have *relationships* with non-whites.

Well, let me tell you what *is* full of win: in the 1980s when some of my relatives visited us from SA, I talked one of the "coloured" girls at my school to play along the part of being my GF just so I could take her home and see what kind of fireworks and !@#$ would go off with my relatives (my parents didn't care, actually thought it was amusing). At the time, I believe it was still illegal in SA for whites to have *relationships* with non-whites.

Ooh, I can imagine it didn't go over so well...

I applaud you for not believing in any of that racial nonsense.

Ooh, I can imagine it didn't go over so well...

Well, actually it backfired on me as it turned out it didn't really phase them. Not sure why. Either they didn't really care or they maybe held the double-standard attitude that all non-whites in the West outside of SA were just like whites (except in skin colour). For example, American Blacks that visited SA in the 1970s and later during the apartheid years were regarded as 'honorary whites' and accorded all the benefits of 'being white' because they were deemed to be more "civilised" (i.e. followed Western customs and manners) than the Africans in SA.

I did not come here to follow the views of multiculturalist mongrels/sarcasm

Seriously, who is the decide what is racist or not? It's all a matter of opinion. I mean, Yamato is ethnocentric, but it doesn't actively persecute other ethnic groups. Given the ethnic homogeneity, it's a natural response.

We also already have rules to block excess. Figure things out IC.

@ Botha: Intersting details of your life you have there. I'm not sure if I would like to tell my experience with ultranationalism......

Well, actually it backfired on me as it turned out it didn't really phase them. Not sure why. Either they didn't really care or they maybe held the double-standard attitude that all non-whites in the West outside of SA were just like whites (except in skin colour). For example, American Blacks that visited SA in the 1970s and later during the apartheid years were regarded as 'honorary whites' and accorded all the benefits of 'being white' because they were deemed to be more "civilised" (i.e. followed Western customs and manners) than the Africans in SA.

Really?

Well, I guess one learns something new every day. This is my learning eperience for the day... :D

Although I tend to be skeptical "lol we r betta than ur cuz our culurs n culture" RP's, I don't really think we should outlaw it, because firstly, it is merely roleplay and the RP'er is not conveying any OOC messages by doing so (Well, unless it is obvious that such is happening). Secondly, racial tensions, although very unfortunate, are very common social issues that takes place on most societies - just like class contrast, wars, etc. Lastly, where would the line be drawn? I could see some RP'ers being thrashed around for their roleplays, while others wouldn't.

"Common Sense" and "Good Judgment" are the remedies to that kind of RP - if it goes too overboard, then it goes kaboom. If not, then go ahead.

Edited by V The King

My concern is that hate groups are trying to use this forum as a tool and I'd rather that not happen. How many of us here would like to discover someone from CNRP as the gunner at a national memorial? I doubt we'd have a game much longer.

I object to racism being considered natural. We are not beasts. We have minds. It is a choice.

Sir, I suggest you either come out and point the finger or pack sand. The fact that you are insinuating that some of our players are racists in IRL is very disturbing, and I fear you have political motivations for that.

Sad.

Racism in OOC=A big no no

Racism in IC=let other people's RPs deal with it.

I support racism in the CNRP, ICly as long as there is no concentration camps involved. Banning it would limit us on our RPing, making CNRP stale in the long term.

Let me be clear, I hate racial superiority, I hate Nazis the KKK and all that worthless junk. That stated I voted yes.

What? Contradiction, sure... but I think you'd be reading too much into the players by assuming that an RP'd Nazi state makes the writer a Nazi. But there are plenty of evils out there that we allow to RP and shouldn't be abolished, RPing isn't a sanctuary from the real world because everything works, it is a sanctuary because it provides silly problems that give the players a feeling of real consequence in the world (That they and they alone matter). I hate all forms of war, destruction, lies any evil thing... yet I play an evil villain and as such I recognize that villains play an important part in the RP world we live in. And while I myself do not play such a state (I play more of a mad-scientist take over the world through small organization type) I value others capable of writing a good villian plot and if they've gotten your blood boiling as they seem to have here... then they've done their art well (they've evoked emotion).

Thus, while I would vote that we should eliminate all forms of this evil from our real world, I think it serves an important and potentially worthy adversary in the imaginary one.

If you hate such states, these very RP'd characters give you the opportunity to hate and decimate them to your hearts content. We villains are here to simply give you an antagonist through which your characters can grow (and admittedly so that we can each explore our own shadow and light side to better understand ourselves in the process). Without you heroes our lives would be boring and the Aether Empire and the like would have already taken over the world, but without us, you'd be reduced to RPing tea parties and your RP characters would prove that you can't even imagine yourself making an impact in the world (I'd really have to pity you then... in fact I'd throw you a pity tea party :P). That stated, I hope that through your character you're able to eradicate the forces of darkness from the world, even though I play a villain, I the player am still cheering you on!

Always returning with a new dastardly plan in the next episode

-Zarfef

Let me be clear, I hate racial superiority, I hate Nazis the KKK and all that worthless junk. That stated I voted yes.

What? Contradiction, sure... but I think you'd be reading too much into the players by assuming that an RP'd Nazi state makes the writer a Nazi. But there are plenty of evils out there that we allow to RP and shouldn't be abolished, RPing isn't a sanctuary from the real world because everything works, it is a sanctuary because it provides silly problems that give the players a feeling of real consequence in the world (That they and they alone matter). I hate all forms of war, destruction, lies any evil thing... yet I play an evil villain and as such I recognize that villains play an important part in the RP world we live in. And while I myself do not play such a state (I play more of a mad-scientist take over the world through small organization type) I value others capable of writing a good villian plot and if they've gotten your blood boiling as they seem to have here... then they've done their art well (they've evoked emotion).

Thus, while I would vote that we should eliminate all forms of this evil from our real world, I think it serves an important and potentially worthy adversary in the imaginary one.

If you hate such states, these very RP'd characters give you the opportunity to hate and decimate them to your hearts content. We villains are here to simply give you an antagonist through which your characters can grow (and admittedly so that we can each explore our own shadow and light side to better understand ourselves in the process). Without you heroes our lives would be boring and the Aether Empire and the like would have already taken over the world, but without us, you'd be reduced to RPing tea parties and your RP characters would prove that you can't even imagine yourself making an impact in the world (I'd really have to pity you then... in fact I'd throw you a pity tea party :P). That stated, I hope that through your character you're able to eradicate the forces of darkness from the world, even though I play a villain, I the player am still cheering you on!

Always returning with a new dastardly plan in the next episode

-Zarfef

I can't tell if you are supporting RPing racism in CNRP or not. :blink:

So what happened? Did fireworks actually go off? :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

I'm reminded of a saying: "Free speech for all, even &#33;@#&#036;%bags." And now that I know &#33;@#&#036;% isn't word-filtered, I'll continue. I'm not in favor of banning it; however, I am in favor of people stepping up against it within the RP. Sumeragi's slowly phasing it out of her own roleplay with the inevitable sacking of her foreign minister; so that's one down.

I wholeheartedly agree. There's been Nazi wannabes in CNRP before, and they were either crushed (or banned) invariably, not only because of what they RP but also because they appeared to do it in a particularily tasteless form.

IC racism is an IC problem, OOC criteria should never be used to decide matters which ought to be solved IC. If anyone is racist in CNRP, I for one know that my nation would just point and laugh, if not help kill it. This rule is pointless, we don't need OOC rules to get rid of this, besides, it makes things more unrealistic. ALL nations have a few racist, if this "rule" is passed, then noone would even be able to make an occational idiot show racism in any RP.

Support for this "petition" is only a sign of OOC and IC mixing.

If you find a racist nation, just invade it. Noone's gonna complain.

ALSO,

I'm currently doing a RP, which will involve killing Nazis and stopping a new holocaust. This petition implies that I wouldn't be able to do so. Preventing us from punishing racism, is in a subtle way a way to endorse it.

Edited by Kaiser Martens

I support rascist bad guys as cannon-fodder for cannon RP.

I do not support racist RPers who actually are under the delusion that the world would be a better place without people of "x"-color, nationality or ethnicity ect.

The former can make a good villain, the latter in my opinion requires an education in a painful manner. The creators of Hellsing are not necessarily Nazis because they included Nazis in their story... but everybody loves to kill Nazis so this makes a great villain. I think the only reason for eliminating them from CNRP is for violating Godwin's Law. But if done with some class to the storyline it can be argued that this isn't always the case.

Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Darfur, Democratic Republic of Congo. All these were recent conflict zones due to ethnic violence. If you are RPing the ugly business of states, we have not yet gotten to a point where race and ethnicity aren't a factor. As such RPing them should be allowed. Should they be glorified? No. However, RPing the bad guy is not glorifying it. I would point out plenty of other backwards and barbaric tyrannies exist in this game, monarchy being the most wide spread.