Petition to end Racial Superiority RP in CNRP

Maelstrom Vortex

End racial superiority RPs?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While recognizing the value of freedom of speech, but while recognizing the dangers of false impressions of racial superiority and items of such a context in public discourse. I hereby lodge this petition to end all aspects of racial superiority societal rp in CNRP and have it made illegal. It constitutes the darkest parts of humanity and is offensive to many regardless of its presence in a fantastic setting. These types of beliefs have resulted in the worst travesties to affect mankind in history, and though realism can be good, it can also be very wrong.. very evil. As much as I appreciate the struggle against such in human history, I think its presence on the CNRP boards is overstated to a disturbing degree and I would like to see such RPs ended. That said, I lodge this petition to end racial and ethnically centered role-plays that sponsor a particular race or culture as superior to another in the CNRP forums. I've been long suffering of these RPs in that they are realistic, but of late after the murders related to this kind of extremism in reality, I no longer think this type of literature should have any value to this community.

If you want this to continue, please state your logic.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, yes and yes. Its not a very nice part of humanity but it is still a part. You can not ban it just cause you don't like it. So I vote yes.

Oh and if we are doing this then I vote to ban wars to they are a bad part of humanity to so if no more racial superiority nations then no more wars simple.

Wars have occurred for much more benign reasons. To compare a ethnically centered war to a war over resources is not a fair comparison.

Yes it is. War is never good, even wars for so called justice are not a good thing. I don't support racism but it happens so we have to deal with it in character its that simple.

I say allow racism. Not only is it natural, but if, let's say, I decided to RP an incredibly racist league of Eskimos, you would probably guess that I'm not being serious. It all makes a good grounds for RP, and can get get very entertaining (Making fun of racist foolishness is fun).

CNRP should have freedom of speech, just respect that IC and OOC are different things, and deal with it.

My concern is that hate groups are trying to use this forum as a tool and I'd rather that not happen. How many of us here would like to discover someone from CNRP as the gunner at a national memorial? I doubt we'd have a game much longer.

I object to racism being considered natural. We are not beasts. We have minds. It is a choice.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

i said yes it should be for 3 reasons... 1) this is a rpg which means if someone wants an aryan state, a african state, a latin america state then it should be allowed.

2) you say in light of recent events caused you to think this, honestly there have been worse think the holoacaust( i know not spelled right) so how do we know this isnt an emotional decison, how can this be worse than thats a few vs 6 million

im not a rascist but seriously have a better foundation for the reason. plus honestly its a nice try but it wont work unless admin bans it and that would to some people be crossing a line for him

My concern is that hate groups are trying to use this forum as a tool and I'd rather that not happen. How many of us here would like to discover someone from CNRP as the gunner at a national memorial? I doubt we'd have a game much longer.

I object to racism being considered natural. We are not beasts. We have minds. It is a choice.

rascism is natural as is patriotism. we are beasts we go to war dont we, we inflict punishment on others. we each have that suseptability to rage and revenge and so on... until thats gone we are beasts

Legion: I cited human history in my OP. That would kind of include the events in Europe.

no offense then how come your just now saying this now even though its been happening for centurys and most recently in the past 70 years?

even if you seek improvement your still a beast

Edited by legion-x

Racism is a learned behavior. I'd suggest to those willing to consider it that racism is the byproduct of fear and paranoia. It occurs to me that both of those are tools of a moron.

If you want to be a race baiting moron go right ahead. However, role playing a race baiting moron ought to not be impeded, up to a point. Some RP to me is just unsavory and not even I'd go ahead with it. But, let it be known that role playing something like racism tends to have an adverse affect upon the longevity of your nation.

Deal with the consequences of your role play and be quiet about the end result even if you don't like them.

I'm reminded of a saying: "Free speech for all, even !@#$%bags." And now that I know !@#$% isn't word-filtered, I'll continue. I'm not in favor of banning it; however, I am in favor of people stepping up against it within the RP. Sumeragi's slowly phasing it out of her own roleplay with the inevitable sacking of her foreign minister; so that's one down.

Edited by hawk_11

rascism is natural as is patriotism. we are beasts we go to war dont we, we inflict punishment on others. we each have that suseptability to rage and revenge and so on... until thats gone we are beasts

Untrue. Patriotism is also optional. Just because you're American doesn't mean you have to be all "OMG AMERICA IS SO AWESOME OMGOMGOMG <3" I've seen peole who would love to get the hell out of America. You aren't born a patriot. You aren't born a racist.

itll never get that far, do you remember stormfront? they were a white supremascist group that tried to make an alliance( an coup others) but the cyberverse turned them away. a majority of the world is silent because they know the guys a &#33;@#&#036;% and by arguing with him youll give him better chance at sympathy

Edited by legion-x

Really I don't know about others but I have yet to see people shouting out: Death to the jews!! All blacks are, well you know what. I have yet to see any of that. All I have seen is people wishing to roleplay one culture which they prefer to rp as. Of course if you can link me to this hate group messages please do.