My "I'm feeling really old" thread.

Asriel Belacqua

An older man with graying hair walks out onto a podium in front of a small crowd. He did not expect many to show, but even this was a little smaller than he expected. He is wearing an tattered brown coat with a few dusty medals on it, with a small flask barely showing out the sides

Hello everyone. Not many of you may know me, not many of you may care. If you do not care, I ask that instead of laughing, crying, flaming, trolling, or what-have-you, just leave. This is your warning, I am old, boring, and don't frankly care what you think.

The man waits a while, watching a few disgruntled observers decide that it's best they leave, and then continues.

My name, is Asriel Belacqua, as many of you probably know. I became a leader on this rock at approximately 5:48:25 PM local time on August 29, 2006. Since that time I have not grown much, nor become a prestigious leader, nor a strong nation capable of showering gifts numbering in the billions of dollars to my allies.

What I have done though, I feel, is greater than those actions. I have been a leader of a small group of friends that I would now not give up for the world. I have become allies with people I never thought I'd care about, and have endured many hardships with these friends, helping them through theirs, and them helping me through mine.

I have learned to realize the importance of (ooc) "This is a game, have fun" (/ooc). I have learned the importance of small people, small actions, and even smaller punishments for mistakes.

Many of you are saying, "Why should we care?" "Who are you?" and other such questions. Frankly, you'd know why you should care, if you knew who I was. As for who I am, it is unimportant, for I really am nobody.

I just simply wanted to celebrate my 1000 days in a way that (while it may be unoriginal), seemed large enough for the occasion, so I put it here.

Here's the part you all love and hate, the people who made it possible, my friends, allies, comrades, and just simply, "mine." - The people I'll look out for no matter what.

Holyone: You have taught me many things, too many to be listed, and have been a good friend for as long as I've known you. Keep up the good fight, Forever Blue, Forever NAAC, as it should be.

NAAC: As a whole, the rest of you, rock. Quite simply, you made this game fun for me, and I keep playing for you guys. All ex-NAACers, feel free to rejoice that you kept people wanting to play this game, even 2 years after the alliance itself left.

Veneke: You, more than you know it, helped me get through my many terms in gov't, and helped me stay in CN when I didn't want to anymore. Most of all though, you've been a great friend, and I know I can count on you when I need some help or advice. Keep it up.

Browncoats as a whole: Best alliance group I could think of. Sure, we had our pitfall at the end, but up until then, we were golden. Everyone hated us, but we kept trucking anyway. You are all great friends and I know that I am proud to keep my coat Brown and keep thinking of our "boat" that we had.

Chimaera: Even if you are at the bottom, you're not the least important. You have also been a great friend, and a persistent recruiter. (which I hate you for btw <3 ) Keep living the dream you crazy cat.

There are many others who know they should be here, but I do not want to bore people, just know that if I have reason to talk to you, you're important enough to know that you could be put on this list, because I don't talk to many people.

Asriel Belacqua moves slowly back from the podium, and reaches into his coat pocket. Out of the pocket comes several flat squares. As he opens the first one, it reveals itself to be the old flag of the National Alliance of Arctic Countries. He puts this one on a pole and gives it to one of his personal assistants who is standing nearby, then starts opening the second square. It turns out to be the flag of the late Browncoats alliance, which he also puts on a pole and gives to an assistant. The last square he starts unfolding shows itself to be the flag of the Imperial Assault Alliance, which he proudly puts on a pole, then carries it personally out of the room slowly, with the other two following behind.

naackq3-1.png

flag-alt.png

IAAFlagResized.png

Nation Created: 8/29/2006 5:48:25 PM (1,012 days old)
(Nations ranked oldest-to-youngest): (895): Surda

Tl; DR: "Yes, I do feel old, thank you for noticing."

-Asriel Belacqua

Stop posting in all blue, it makes your post impossible to read.

Besides, 1000 days isnt that old any more. (1,228 days old)

I am going to refer you to a part of my post:

If you do not care, I ask that instead of laughing, crying, flaming, trolling, or what-have-you, just leave. This is your warning, I am old, boring, and don't frankly care what you think.

Thank you for your input.

Sebet: Keep on trucking. It's nice to see people who've been around for a while still going, and hoping to make it farther. Don't quit for anyone.

I am going to refer you to a part of my post:

Thank you for your input.

Sebet: Keep on trucking. It's nice to see people who've been around for a while still going, and hoping to make it farther. Don't quit for anyone.

I am going to refer you to part of my post:

Stop posting in all blue, it makes your post impossible to read.

Posting in smaller chunks does help a little, but how would I have been able to read that line in the bulk?

Congrats on passing 1000 - we old-timers have to stick together. ;)

Besides, 1000 days isnt that old any more. (1,228 days old)

Only 969 out of 27,904 Nations are either 1000 days old or older. That's slightly less than 3.5% of the playerbase.

Sure, it's not as impressive as 1100 days (about 1.4%) or 1200 days (about .2%), or das girl's 1239 days old (officially the oldest nation still playing the game), but it's still a pretty nice achievement. Especially when you realize just how many people have purged along the way for one reason or another.

Only 969 out of 27,904 Nations are either 1000 days old or older. That's slightly less than 3.5% of the playerbase.

Sure, it's not as impressive as 1100 days (about 1.4%) or 1200 days (about .2%), or das girl's 1239 days old (officially the oldest nation still playing the game), but it's still a pretty nice achievement. Especially when you realize just how many people have purged along the way for one reason or another.

if 3.5% of the city you lived in gave you $1 each, would you have a lot of money?

And considering that I have Sugar and Wine (officially one of the worst trade-sets in the world) I am proud of my achievement of never re-rolling/purging.

Also: Thanks Nintenderek, you're one of the reasons I included Browncoats as a whole in there. Keep it up.

Personally, I tend to ignore many of your posts because you color them in Blue; I'm sure many others do the same.

I am pretty sure most do too. Frankly, I don't care. People who read my posts know me well enough to know the content of them, those who don't, well, they'll just never know. Ignorance is bliss, no?

My friends see them, my friends read them, and the people who matter read them, that's all that matters to me.

Have an enjoyable evening.

I generally tend to ignore posts that are in a color/format that is hard to read, or posts that rely on excessive use of formatting to try and bolster an argument. If your argument is sound, it will stand on its own without the use of forum formatting.

That said, I tried to read the OP but it just hurt me eyes. In regards to the 1000+ days, yes there's quite a few of us but we're still a pretty small group really. I think hitting 1000 days is a pretty nice milestone and one that should be congratulated. It's not always easy to survive on one single character and one single nation for that long.

if 3.5% of the city you lived in gave you $1 each, would you have a lot of money?

If 3.5% of the people in the town I live in gave me $1 each, I wouldn't even have enough to buy a Wii.

If I extended that to the overall township, I'd have about 10 times as much, but then again, there's more than twice as many people in my township as play CN, so... yeah, still going to say that being in the top 3-4% of any given group is still fairly significant. And like I said, 3.5% may not be as good as 1.4%, and it certainly may not be as good as .2%, but it's still better than the other 96.5%.

Though, if we actually factor in the nations who've purged along the way, anyone who makes it to 1000 days has done better than 99.7% of the people who've made nations, so still pretty meaningful there.

If 3.5% of the people in the town I live in gave me $1 each, I wouldn't even have enough to buy a Wii.

If I extended that to the overall township, I'd have about 10 times as much, but then again, there's more than twice as many people in my township as play CN, so... yeah, still going to say that being in the top 3-4% of any given group is still fairly significant. And like I said, 3.5% may not be as good as 1.4%, and it certainly may not be as good as .2%, but it's still better than the other 96.5%.

Though, if we actually factor in the nations who've purged along the way, anyone who makes it to 1000 days has done better than 99.7% of the people who've made nations, so still pretty meaningful there.

there are only 3600 people in your nearest city? Isn't there some sort of threshold number that a settlement must have to be considered a city?

edit: my post came out blank :P

Edited by toto

Toto, there is no need to troll.

I'd be over 1000 days old if I had my original nation.

Same here Mogar. One of my many regrets is not hanging on and rerolling.

I congratulate you Asriel. I enjoy your posts, and i do hope you stick around until almighty admin implodes the cyberverse.