A Radical Suggestion

Sumeragi

I suggest that we do not keep record of stats.

Frankly, with the new tech rules being installed, there is no particular disadvantage for having low tech. With this problem gone, any records of stats are pretty much useless. This being said, we should all RP the damages done to our nation through IG wars. No more of this 'but I used to be stronger!' whining.

The only exceptions that should be granted are those condemned to P/EZI. They have no hope of rebuilding while under the sentence, so they should be able to keep a reasonable former stat.

I don't. CNRP isn't CyberNations. I have to deal with enough re-building of my own country in CN, I don't feel like having to RP a re-building in CNRP. I fully endorse not advancing while you have saved stats, but I won't be forcibly pushed to RP a loss of stats.

I took a devastating loss of stats when I started CNRP again after I rejoined and I am taking another devastating loss since I have to reroll due to the war.

BUT I have not found this to be an impediment to my RP at all, In fact it opened up new storylines for me than I had before. I was stagnating with my original nation and I was rapidly running out of ideas then by getting devastated I got given a million and one potential new stories I could explore as I regrow. Perhaps people ought to take their lumps in CNRP and accept that they are smaller and have more potential stories as the payoff. RP a few disasters and such and have some fun, your nation will have a more interesting history as a result.

I took a devastating loss of stats when I started CNRP again after I rejoined and I am taking another devastating loss since I have to reroll due to the war.

BUT I have not found this to be an impediment to my RP at all, In fact it opened up new storylines for me than I had before. I was stagnating with my original nation and I was rapidly running out of ideas then by getting devastated I got given a million and one potential new stories I could explore as I regrow. Perhaps people ought to take their lumps in CNRP and accept that they are smaller and have more potential stories as the payoff. RP a few disasters and such and have some fun, your nation will have a more interesting history as a result.

Yes, but we're not going to force them to suffer the consequences of others' actions unless they choose to do so. Some of us have storylines that are interesting enough without having to RP losses like that.

If this had come from someone who wasn't hiding in peace mode, I'd support it.

While I support the removal of stat-saving (partially because I didn't save stats), I also support this snipe at Sumeragi's in-game conduct. However, if this turns into a way for people who are currently on top of the game in-game to start attacking people who were depending on stat-saving without justification or decent RP, you can sure as hell bet I won't be happy.

Edited by hawk_11

The one thing I have a problem with is how to RP all the damage. If you have a country that was almost completely flattened in an IG war, how can you RP it without going through an RP war? I suppose a civil war could work, but that's a wee bit too much work, and you would need thousands of natural disasters to do the same damage. I like the idea, it just seems hard to work out.

And your name is not Sargunian Republic in CNRP either.

Fix it.

( :awesome: )

My name in CN isn't Sargunian Republic either. It's Sarnungian.

And N Reeki, that's my point. If he wants to make it CNRP, change everything he has to CN-only stats including citizens, tanks and airplanes. Then he can tell me about "picking and choosing".

The one thing I have a problem with is how to RP all the damage. If you have a country that was almost completely flattened in an IG war, how can you RP it without going through an RP war? I suppose a civil war could work, but that's a wee bit too much work, and you would need thousands of natural disasters to do the same damage. I like the idea, it just seems hard to work out.

I RP'd it through an economic collapse. All my infrastructure is still intact, yet my country can't do as much because its economy is in ruins.

Edited by hawk_11

Saving stats is fine in my opinion. I agree that the purpose of cnrp is to write stories about your country, and interact in other storylines, I think we should be able to choose to save our stats or explain any decline resulting from IG wars.

In other words, player's choice. I like that one, personally.

I for one am not too fond of saving stats (never have bee), even though I did save them, simply because I use the system if it's accepted by the general populace. I'd be happy if it'll go, but the rule of "no advances until completely rebuilt" is fine, as well. Imo.

I don't agree with saving stats for the most part but I can agree to a compromise; they have to gradually RP the effects over a month or two, dragging themselves down to the level they're left at. Because even though we don't translate everything directly in CNRP, it's still CNRP.

I like the idea of being able to save your stats. I really only see CN as a basis to draw statistics from (to help standardize the interactions between nations). But beyond that the unpredictability of CN shouldn't effect the nations of people here. To me this is just writing stories (and playing a game of sorts) about separate entities only loosely based off your IG nation. (I also think it just doesn't make sense to let the idiocy or selfishness of particular powerful figures in CN politics ruin the games of people here.) So as long as you get your stats in, or get a screen shot of your nation I am fine with it. I am also open to the idea of people being able to choose whether or not to RP game events. I mean I don't think anyone can really stop someone from RPing there old stats, they can OOC !@#$%* and moan about it but if someone wants to RP something they'll do what they want. Only during a war would it really matter if they RP'd with there stats saved or not.

Edited by iamthey

I prefer the accepted method of "can't advance until you reach your prior stats" as that allows for people that happen to be involved in IG wars and things like that.

Also, what about those in Peace Mode...in CNRP? Should they be immune to war because IG they are in Peace (neutral in CNRP terms I guess). (off topic, but it is a "stat" on the IG screen)

I don't agree with saving stats for the most part but I can agree to a compromise; they have to gradually RP the effects over a month or two, dragging themselves down to the level they're left at. Because even though we don't translate everything directly in CNRP, it's still CNRP.

I agree. If we were to lose about 2000 infra, we will have to RP the loss of our infra over a period of month or so.

I prefer the accepted method of "can't advance until you reach your prior stats" as that allows for people that happen to be involved in IG wars and things like that.

Also, what about those in Peace Mode...in CNRP? Should they be immune to war because IG they are in Peace (neutral in CNRP terms I guess). (off topic, but it is a "stat" on the IG screen)

Peace mode? I don't think that really truly affects RP abilities in any way.

I agree. If we were to lose about 2000 infra, we will have to RP the loss of our infra over a period of month or so.

Is that why you've been playing around with the Lightning Thieves Gang and TUO?

PM, IG = No way to war. Does this mean it should be the same in RP, since it is CNRP?

No, not really. Unless you want to Rp it as meaning a totally isolated nation, which might actually work--unless someone needs to get through your land and is willing to start a war with you.

The only one whgo could make it work would be that :awesome: neutral Botha!

No, not really. Unless you want to Rp it as meaning a totally isolated nation, which might actually work--unless someone needs to get through your land and is willing to start a war with you.

The only one whgo could make it work would be that :awesome: neutral Botha!

lol...You're missing my point about over-emphasizing on the IG stats. :P