Sileath and NSO

Sileath

Do you think you'll be able to get up on that cross of yours all by yourself, or should I give you a boost?

You can reject the armistice if you so choose.

I think my actions in the GGA-Athens-NPO thread show that I'm willing to back up a stand if I rationalize that it is correct.

Out of respect for NSO, I would forgo participating in NSO/Frostbite threads, but that would also require NSO to not insult me without cause in other threads.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can reject the armistice if you so choose.

I think my actions in the GGA-Athens-NPO thread show that I'm willing to back up a stand if I rationalize that it is correct.

Out of respect for NSO, I would forgo participating in NSO/Frostbite threads, but that would also require NSO to not insult me without cause in other threads.

We arn't at war, so there is no reason for an armistice. If you didn't want a "fight", you shouldn't have made this thread.

Also, if you call what was said insulting, I suggest growing a thicker skin.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

We arn't at war, so there is no reason for an armistice. If you didn't want a "fight", you shouldn't have made this thread.

Also, if you call disagreeing with you insulting you...I suggest growing a thicker skin.

I'm talking about agenda-based insulting, not disagreeing.

Source

3 million for 50 tech is, of course, the logical extension.

That and having more NS makes you more qualified to set policy than the folks in their actual position.

Really, sileath. Please.

The second line is a flat out lie, the third line is unnecessary in the context of the thread. That is a thread about an alternative economic system. If he had said "Your economic system won't work and is terrible, here's why, etc etc etc" then that's an intellectual disagreement which would be valid, not petty gamesmanship bordering on brinkmanship.

If that's how NSO government rolls, then so be it. I'm just giving you guys a chance to get it all out in this thread, because if NSO government needlessly insults me in another thread, then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Sileath, I appreciate all the work you've done for the NSO. I also really appreciate the fact that you stood up for me with the "Random issue". It's sad that you decided to leave, and I wish you luck in Athens.

I joined the NpO. Screwed up. Got Expelled and attacked. It's not complicated. I was a total d-bag in NpO and Random has every right to express his prediction. As with all the hounding, I deserved it, for a while. I know I did. I really pissed people off. But it's gotten old. Yes, look into my past. You'll see bad things. Being expelled from the NpO is not good PR for me. But guess what, it's the past.

Get. Over. It.

My chances in Polar ran out, but they didn't run out in other alliances. If everyone who had a shady past was not allowed into any alliance, this game would be pretty lonely. So stop trolling every alliance I go to when I join them. They accepted me, you didn't. It's their alliance, not yours. You're not the better man if you endlessly troll me. It's old now, and it needs to stop.

Curious why a non-member is discussing and questioning NSO internal affairs. If you have any of the respect you proclaim then lock this topic and end the shenanigan. Keep the grudge you have with whatever NSO member and stop drawing animosity from the whole of NSO to yourself.

Keep the grudge you have with whatever NSO member and stop drawing animosity from the whole of NSO to yourself.

reading%20rainbow.jpg

Source

1. The person doing the insulting is a member of government.

2. I brought this to the attention of Sith Lord Doppelganger via private query that I was being lied about in that thread, and received no reply.

3. I will not cheapen my economic thread (or any other thread) by replying to unintelligent posts.

Therefore, my best recourse was to take it public as a matter of record that this feuding was being laid to rest.

I couldn't find the LeVar one with "Reading is fundamental" :(

Edited by Sileath

Curious why a non-member is discussing and questioning NSO internal affairs. If you have any of the respect you proclaim then lock this topic and end the shenanigan. Keep the grudge you have with whatever NSO member and stop drawing animosity from the whole of NSO to yourself.

Author's rights have never extended outside of in-character forums, and they don't even exist there now, so there goes your idea about ending shenanigans. There's a pinned thread in this forum. Additionally, the OP clearly states that Sileath opened this thread because of NSO members bringing their grudges to his threads, so you've got that a little backwards, too.

Anyway, good luck, Sileath.

Don't hate on the sigs. D34th made them out of the blue, because thats what he does. He is good at graphics and made them as a gift to frostbite members, nothing more.

Since there's not likely to be another Sileath thread coming along anytime soon, I'm going to take this opportunity to say I don't like Sileath for two reasons.

1: He has a way better hail than I do.

C: He didn't join TPF.

/-o-/ Sileath!

So I realize others have replied to this post, but as you have seen fit to bring my name into this I will reply.

1. Lack of communication from the government. This has been by far my #1 issue since I was head of Internal Affairs, and I had worked hard to make sure that government operations were being divulged to the citizenry in a timely matter. Following my departure from that role, communication from the government to the people was drastically reduced.

In my time as a Sith Lord there was a problem communicating to IA. Why? Because you were running it in a horrible way and dealing with you was nearly impossible.

2. Ivan Moldavi said several times that NSO would not be signing treaty blocs. Terra-Cotta Pact was a treaty bloc, though it was a color sphere thing and the citizenry could see the negotiations taking place in the Brown alliance embassies.

3. Frostbite - a treaty bloc. This bloc was not at all talked about to the general NSO public. Having a treaty with STA and NpO are completely understandable and justified - no person in NSO would oppose them due to the history of those alliances and the NSO. Still, due to how many times that Ivan said that NSO would not be signing into treaty blocs its curious that such a dramatic change in paradigm of a leader would occur without the knowledge of the citizenry.

3a. This does not mean I oppose treaty blocs, just that if a leader says something over and over and it's a big issue with them, and then they completely reverse themselves, the people should know about it at least a few minutes before it hits the OWF.

There is one thing that all members of Frostbite have in common. Good upper leadership. That means they do things right and they run tight ships. If you want to join an alliance where every member knows about everything, try a democratic alliance or just a really crappy one.

4. Holy good gravy, people brought all their biases with them in NSO. The GGA-Athens-NPO thread was a mess. (I'm not including TPF because noone doubted mhawk's account of the events). We're talking about people screaming and swearing at me in the NSO channel because I'm refusing to automatically take an anti-GGA stance. In the history of NSO, GGA has never done anything against NSO. In fact, GGA assisted NSO by taking LadyDakota off of their ZI list so they could join. And I'm getting flamed to hell because of the position I'm taking in this thread searching for the truth (posting screenshots, putting together the evidence, instead of saying "OMG GGA FAILS CAUSE THEY'RE GGA") and it's like the biggest betrayal to them.

That would explain why you decided to deny a player the ability to apply to the NSO based on the fact that he was an idiot in the NPO. Right?

5. What's with the treaty with The Liquor Cabinet? You know their Theodore Roosevelt (what's the equivalent of that rank?) RandomInterrupt, like two days after he leaves NSO, publicly insults NSO for accepting baseballer as a member and says he'll laugh when baseballer fails.

I didn't insult the NSO. I stated that your new member, one who has been kicked from alliances for being an idiot, would eventually be kicked from the NSO for being an idiot. Anyone who thinks I deliberately insulted the NSO did not read my posts properly. Do not put words in my mouth.

6. The whole concept of government making decisions without telling the citizenry - I'm not even saying the people should have a choice, just for them to know - and then distracting them with shiny objects (the Frostbite sig) so they can go on a mass hail fest seems a little... yeah, a little NPO.

See above about being in an alliance that is organized and secure. I also think it is hilarious that you of all people are upset about your perceived lack of communication with your superiors. This coming from a guy who refused to even listen to the ideas of members of your own council because you didn't deem them important enough. Maybe the Darth Council didn't deem you important enough? Nice comment on the sigs though. Clearly the Polar guy who decided to make sigs to celebrate our awesome new bloc is a part of an elaborate plot to distract the members of the NSO. Clearly.

7. My Sileathonomics thread on these forums did not concern NSO to the degree to which I was insulted within it. That is the biggest motivation for this thread.

I suck, etc - let's hear it NSO, get it all out in the open because you know I like to keep things public.

Once it's all been said and gotten out in the open, we can move on, you guys as a great alliance, and me in Athens keeping it real with the convenienct free speech clause in the constitution.

In case it's not very clear - this is not the place for statements about Athens. Air your grievances about me all you want, but Athens has done nothing to deserve your disrespect.

Since you are asking for feedback, here you go. You were nothing but a pox on the NSO and the fact that you have left is a great boon, in my opinion as one who had to deal with you for so long. Any positive things you accomplished in the alliance will soon be passed by even greater heights by those who rightfully replaced you. Your constant attempts to smother ideas, proper speech, ban people from IRC for disagreeing with you, and your constant attempts to factionalize the Order did nothing to strengthen it.

I like how you mention your new alliance and then ask that we don't comment on your new alliance. All I will say is, I hope they take the proper steps to prevent you from factionalizing and smothering discourse there as well.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Frostbite includes treaty provisions which means it doesn't have to cascade if we don't want it too. That means there really is no contradiction between our original principles of foreign policy and forging that bloc.

Second: for the most part, we don't really have any grudges against you. That doesn't mean we have to think Sileathonomics is a good idea though.

Edited by heggo

The entire concept of this thread, a dispute between a character and an alliance, is IC. So, moving. And no, you can't request a lock in the subforums of the OWF (where the thread is now) any more, and you never could in the OWF (where you mistakenly posted it).

I'm really dissapointed in you Sileath. This was a joke war and you know it. After 2 months of being in the same alliance with you, I thought you would have thought better. Especially after this:

Bombing Report

Message: Your nation has been bombed by the wicked-awesome nation of JoeBonanno. In the bombing attack, cats and dogs flew down to engulf your nation with unrelenting hairballs. Further, you have suffered a loss of dignity and pride with the destruction of your lollipop stand.

Battle Report

Message: Your nation has been raided by the wicked-awesome nation of JoeBonanno. In the raid, you lost 4 Sileath's and your nation was left devestated and without lollipops.

I'm really dissapointed in you Sileath. This was a joke war and you know it. After 2 months of being in the same alliance with you, I thought you would have thought better. Especially after this:

Bombing Report

Message: Your nation has been bombed by the wicked-awesome nation of JoeBonanno. In the bombing attack, cats and dogs flew down to engulf your nation with unrelenting hairballs. Further, you have suffered a loss of dignity and pride with the destruction of your lollipop stand.

Battle Report

Message: Your nation has been raided by the wicked-awesome nation of JoeBonanno. In the raid, you lost 4 Sileath's and your nation was left devestated and without lollipops.

I'm sure he'll want reps in the form of some lightsaber shaped lollipops?