Betrayal and Manipulation

Nice try, but your not getting off of your attention whoring that easy. Nice to see you trying to back up though.

Stating you aren't going to attack an alliance publicly makes it so you cannot violate it later, which means it would give GGA confidence that Athens was telling them the truth.

Nice work Londo, even though the entire situation is a cluster.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure exactly who was spoken to, but Athens could have saved a lot of headaches if they'd tried to straighen this out with the parties involved instead of running here with a big log dump and a story given to them by the only group that was going to profit from the PR of this incident.

Also LOL @ the NSO tools attacking me in this thread. Different AA, same doggish loyalty. ;)

That's amusing, but you made your bed here, trying to walk out on it is outright cowardice on your part.

At least admit you were snowed over by GGA and admit you all too happily gobbled it up.

That's amusing, but you made your bed here, trying to walk out on it is outright cowardice on your part.

At least admit you were snowed over by GGA and admit you all too happily gobbled it up.

Actually, from reading your posts in several different threads lately, I agree with him. You may have switched your AA, but your still the same francoist you've always been.

After reading a bit more on this I have to do some backpeddaling here.

Yes I know it was a bit dumb to comment on this before reading enough of the facts but I have a dictato..democratic nation to run too.

After reading a bit more I think I have to agree with this post by Pingu.

I think $@-up is far more likely than conspiracy in this case, making neither of WC's scenarios quite right.

Moo speculates to IronChef that the change in GGA government could lead to Athens deciding GGA is in violation and declaring.

IronChef says to mhawk that Athens may declare.

mhawk says to Moo that Athens will declare.

Moo says to IronChef and ShanePrice that he has intel that Athens will declare.

No need for anyone to be evil, simply not cautious/patient enough in a highly-charged situation. Just one of many instances in which IRC shows its lack of suitability for serious inter-alliance communication.

With a very important addition though. After this cluster$%&@ of misunderstandings and after this got out to the public some people tried to spin this to their own advantage by streching the truth a bit. As has been pointed out before NPO had absolutely nothing to gain from pulling GGA back into the war so I know where my money is at on where the truth stretching started.

There aren't really any hard proof one way or the other so this will most likely never become more than loose speculations and will be forgotten by the public soon enough.

My appologies to moo for jumping to conclusions based more on my own bias than facts (not that I think moo actually care what I think here).

Actually, from reading your posts in several different threads lately, I agree with him. You may have switched your AA, but your still the same francoist you've always been.

Francoism isn't something the NPO has any right to, anymore.

The ideals back then are held by those who decided to keep their integrity rather than work with what the NPO has become. If you meant to accuse me of something, derek, you made a poor choice of words.

I don't believe that this was an opportunistic move on GGA's part. What I do know is that, at a minimum, Moo/mhawk were pretty dumb/deliberately malicious for whipping GGA into a terrified frenzy when a simple reading of GGA's surrender terms would have shown that GGA couldn't possibly be attacked for a gov official leaving, UNLESS said gov official went to an alliance that was ACTIVELY AT WAR with the forces of Karma.

YOUR blatant bias and opportunistic attacks against ME, as well as that of your fellow NSO tools, have been noted. Good day to you sir.

EDIT: Sileath is not displaying such bias and I love him for it. He is not a tool. :D

Edited by Londo Mollari

ReturnofChron: if I were to read your posts insofar without regard for your AA tag and avatar (though that could be fixed with some change in coloration), I would most certainly have tagged you for a Pacifican breaking radio silence. Either that, or an ex-Pacifican who hates GGA (either way).

Francoism isn't something the NPO has any right to, anymore.

The ideals back then are held by those who decided to keep their integrity rather than work with what the NPO has become. If you meant to accuse me of something, derek, you made a poor choice of words.

I meant to accuse you of nothing except that you obviously have not gotten over your Pacifican Past. You should get lessons from HeniousOne.

I don't believe that this was an opportunistic move on GGA's part. What I do know is that, at a minimum, Moo/mhawk were pretty dumb/deliberately malicious for whipping GGA into a terrified frenzy when a simple reading of GGA's surrender terms would have shown that GGA couldn't possibly be attacked for a gov official leaving, UNLESS said gov official went to an alliance that was ACTIVELY AT WAR with the forces of Karma.

YOUR blatant bias and opportunistic attacks against ME, as well as that of your fellow NSO tools, have been noted. Good day to you sir.

What is this thread, then?

If not blatant bias and opportunism?

Cheap PR points?

Attention whoring?

A train wreck of ignorance and miscommunication aided and abetted by yourself?

If GGA didnt encourage you to take this mess public, then are you taking sole responsibility for it? Was this stunt really your idea? At least own your mistakes.

ReturnofChron: if I were to read your posts insofar without regard for your AA tag and avatar (though that could be fixed with some change in coloration), I would most certainly have tagged you for a Pacifican breaking radio silence. Either that, or an ex-Pacifican who hates GGA (either way).

I am the latter, but what is your point in this? That suddenly I'm going to be a different person than I was simply because I have a different AA? That's...a rather shallow belief.

If there are two sides to an argument, and two different people from different groups find themselves on the same side of an argument, that doesn't make them the same thing.

So suddenly because you're defending GGA, I should mistake you for being a member? Would that be a logical extension of what you're saying?

Edited by ReturnOfChron

EDIT: Sileath is not displaying such bias and I love him for it. He is not a tool. :D

I'm honestly curious as to whether you approached Moo or mhawk to try and get to the bottom of this before coming here and dumping the logs?

By the way it turned out I suspect you didn't.

It's also insulting and low class imo to call mhawk dumb/deliberately malicious for whipping GGA into anything when he simply repeated to Moo what he heard from GGA/Ironchef.

Also LOL @ the NSO tools attacking me in this thread. Different AA, same doggish loyalty. ;)

Excuse me? Myself, a tool? If I'm a tool I don't want to imagine what that makes you by your own standards...

Congratulations, Athens, on the PR boost. I'm glad that the GGA is being milked for all they're worth now. Before, when the New Pacific Order held a monopoly over their sovereignty, the potential spoils were being utterly wasted as they remained idle.

Luckily, the GGA will now be harvested to the fullest extent that it can be until it expires. Good show, Athens, Londo...

What is this thread, then?

Cheap PR points?

Attention whoring?

A train wreck of ignorance and miscommunication aided and abetted by yourself?

If GGA didnt encourage you to take this mess public, then are you taking sole responsibility for it? Was this stunt really your idea? At least own your mistakes.

Ah, asking loaded questions that you have already pre-conceived answers for. Oh, so classic.

What are your posts in this thread, then?

Cheap PR points?

Attention whoring?

A train wreck of propaganda and ill-conceived opinions written by yourself?

If NPO didnt encourage you to take this !@#% public, then are you taking sole responsibility for it? Was this stunt really your idea? At least own your mistakes.

cwutididthar?

EDIT: For perfectionism.

Edited by Tolkien

I've never ever been in NPO, I am NSO for sure, we in NSO have extreme loyalty.

As for attacks on you, what did you expect, you dove into the LulzGGA mix head first before checking the temperature. Don't you find it odd that of all the alliances that have surrendered only the GGA is having problems. You call us tools now and make note of us but I'll wage tech that in the end I know who will be laughing.....LOL @ GGA

Ah, asking loaded questions that you have already pre-conceived answers for. Oh, so classic.

What are your posts in this thread, then?

Cheap PR points?

Attention whoring?

A train wreck of propaganda and ill-conceived opinions written by yourself?

If NPO didnt encourage you to take this !@#^% public, then are you taking sole responsibility for it? Was this stunt really your idea? At least own your mistakes.

cwutididthar?

Read my edit.

Based entirely on your posts made in this thread, if I were to ignore your avatar, AA, and sig, I would have easily mistaken you for a GGA supporter, and by extension, NPO lackey.

What's your opinion on the Green Civil war, by any chance?

I've had some pretty fun arguments with Chron and a bunch of other NSO members on these boards and I'd hardly call them (at least the ones I've seen) NPO operatives.

Regardless it'd be a bit more productive to discuss the topic at hand instead of resorting to name-calling.

edit: can you find the difference betwen this post and the one quoted?

Edited by neneko

I've had some pretty fun arguments with Chron and a bunch of other NSO members on these boards and I'd hardly call (at least the ones I've seen) NPO operatives.

Regardless it'd be a bit more productive to discuss the topic at hand instead of resorting to name-calling.

Good lord, you're not implying that we have a mind of our own and use it, are you? :P

I think if you looked at our alliance on whole you would see many different opinions on the same subject, a behavior that is healthy I might add.

@ subject at hand, no matter which way you look at this mess, the pivot wheel is GGA.

Put simply, GGA's actions in the past don't encourage me to leap to their defence. They too have been guilty of lies and manipulation. However, I will be interested to see how this plays out.

The really amazing part is that NPO actually needed GGA's help. Of all the people to get on your side in a war, you go for GGA? Seriously?

This is confusing me as well... :huh:

Its sad to see people attacking Londo by himself for being duped. If you're going to go after him, you might want to go after mhwk and moo too, since all of them seemed to have been manipulated(wtf) by the GGA to some extent.

I guess I missed the post where mhawk and Moo publicly accused Athens of stabbing GGA in the back and trying to get them back into the war.