IRON Surrenders

For the same reason that paying a fine for vomiting on the nice police officer’s shoes after he notices you stumbling from those bushes outside the bar is meant as a token of penitence, rather than filling the city’s treasure chest, IRON agrees to acknowledge “you win, we lose” by paying a total of 20,000 technology and $1,500,000,000 in reparations to Ragnarok; and 2,500 technology each to the International Protection Agency, Ascended Republic of Elite States, The Order of Halsa, and Royal Order of Confederate Kingdoms.

The Grämlins, Farkistan, Mostly Harmless Alliance, and Fifth Column Confederation consider the IRON nations’ hospitality during this conflict payment enough and request no additional repartitions.

i.e Everyone other than RoK and IPA and a few others wanted reps.

Suck it up IRON. When the next war comes around you can always make sure your on the opposite side. Personally Id settle for triple previous reps, with 6 weeks of eating nukes prior to any surrender being accepted I think IRONs in a strong position all things considered.

The next war will be fun. You may get your goodies out of IRON right now but I really really hope it plays out my way in the long run. Next time IRON wont be on the loosing side, I cant wait to see the outcome of that.

Karma, what goes around comes around :)

The new reformed Valhalla is nice to see around these parts.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key thing you need to look at here is which Valhalla member is talking. I have very rarely if ever seen BnT's viewpoint not match that of Valhalla in the time he has been a member of the alliance. I hope this is the exception rather than the rule and that he is not spouting the true thoughts of Valhalla, considering his history with IRON I do see it as plausible.

I can assure you it isnt reflective of Valhalla's .gov policy or even reflective of my inner thoughts.

In fact I think I was one of the first people whom posted in this thread and I stated my exact feelings there(Im glad IRON has taken terms they found to be acceptable)

BnT has a long standing special place in his heart for IRON as someone whom spent a lot of time helping build that alliance.

Anything to do with IRON is a hot button for him.

I can assure you it isnt reflective of Valhalla's .gov policy or even reflective of my inner thoughts.

In fact I think I was one of the first people whom posted in this thread and I stated my exact feelings there(Im glad IRON has taken terms they found to be acceptable)

BnT has a long standing special place in his heart for IRON as someone whom spent a lot of time helping build that alliance.

Anything to do with IRON is a hot button for him.

So then, we're to assume that a grudge will be held against Ragnarok for wining a defensive war and demanding reps in lieu of damage? How are we suppose to know he's not plotting behind our backs right now. Or, I suppose, we must assume he is, yet remain stagnant until we have proof?

Apparently Rok really needs the reps...

Also a generous peace, too bad it wasn't the white peace everyone in Karma was saying would be offered to everyone at the end of the war, back when it first started.

lol, never happened. Each front of this war was separate from the other, and the alliances engaged together are the ones to decide peace terms, not some make believe bloc.

I actually was not. Ragnarok deserves absolutely no reparations considering the role they played in the former hegemony was nearly as large as IRON's. I do appreciate The Grämlins, Farkistan, Mostly Harmless Alliance, and Fifth Column Confederation for not accepting any reparations. At least some in Karma have honor and stick by what they have said in the past.

Again hilarious, I'd love to see it.

RoK doesn't deserve a cent. When has IRON wronged them? When did IRON roll them? When did IRON give them harsh terms? When did IRON's allies do any of those things to RoK either? There are alliances who deserve restitution, and there are alliances who pillage in the name of justice. Like I told Lee, they damn well better send every cent they get to alliances who deserve it, like GPA or GATO. Every mother$%&@ing cent. But they won't. It'll all end up in their pockets. Such is war... But that doesn't make it right.

-Bama

hmm, when they declared war on us...

Why in the heck would we send reps to GPA or GATO? We aren't fighting for them. We are fighting for VE and GOD, the two allies we entered with.

Every butthurt hegemony member has found it their place to tell me what my alliance is fighting for. Well apparently you have no idea. Ragnarok didn't enter this war to end reps and bring white peace to CN, we didn't enter to create a level playing field, and we sure as hell didn't enter for GPA/FAN/GATO or any other past beat down. Contrary to popular belief there is no cause besides the security of our allies. We did enter because NPO $%&@ed with our friends, and we won't stand for it. The name Karma is nothing more then a cool word to use in propaganda to me.

Ah ha! This entire mess is Rok's fault.

I'll take it. :wub:

I've finally caught up with this thread after having spotty internet access all weekend. There are quite a lot of differing opinions in here. That tells me the amounts are right on. Some !@#$%* and moan that no white peace makes us hypocrites, others believe they are too lenient, and finally there are those that think this was a reasonable offer. That would include those that signed this document even if they choose to forgo reps or if they accepted the terms to pay them, and in the end - that is what matters to me.

Edited by Gen Lee

So then, we're to assume that a grudge will be held against Ragnarok for wining a defensive war and demanding reps in lieu of damage? How are we suppose to know he's not plotting behind our backs right now. Or, I suppose, we must assume he is, yet remain stagnant until we have proof?

I think that's headed in the direction of paranoia.

I've always known chefjoe to be good to his word.

And I've always known BnT to stir the pot. ;)

The offensive/defensive issue was addressed very early in this thread. Ragnarok has not been shy about asking for/demanding reps whether the war was offensive or defensive in nature.

And 519 Nigras, I know you that you aren't this paranoid.

As a Ragnarok soldier I kept a war diary for the IRON campaign. I'd like to share it here.

Day 1: War!

Day 2: Funny email exchanges with opponents is fun. I got nuked but I can take it! Rebuild and attack!

Day 3: Getting nuked sucks. Funny email exchanges with opponents is still fun though.

Day 4: These guys are tougher than I thought. I'll work harder on communicating with my allies to ensure the best outcome.

Day 5: Got nuked again but I can handle it. Rebuild and attack!

Day 6: Getting nuked seriously sucks. Rebuild and attack!

Day 7: My allies and I have the upper hand. Let's take it home!

Day 7.5: Yeah, this whole getting nuked thing? Not cool. Rebuild and attack...

Day 8: They're still fighting? Don't they know it's hopeless? Attack! Die! Die! Die!

Day 9: Nuked again? *sigh* Rebuild and attack.

Day 10: At least the emails are still funny.

Day 11+: I better get paid for this.

I've always known chefjoe to be good to his word.

And I've always known BnT to stir the pot. ;)

As have I but only when it's convenient for him. The rule of self interest applies to this guy.

The offensive/defensive issue was addressed very early in this thread. Ragnarok has not been shy about asking for/demanding reps whether the war was offensive or defensive in nature.

And 519 Nigras, I know you that you aren't this paranoid.

From where you're sitting you might not be able to see that my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek.It's not paranoia if he's flat out saying it. I think in the past if something so bold was said in public like this your new friend, BnT, would be brought out into the town square and beat senseless while half the world watched in awe and the other half laughed.

As a Ragnarok soldier I kept a war diary for the IRON campaign. I'd like to share it here.

Day 1: War!

Day 2: Funny email exchanges with opponents is fun. I got nuked but I can take it! Rebuild and attack!

Day 3: Getting nuked sucks. Funny email exchanges with opponents is still fun though.

Day 4: These guys are tougher than I thought. I'll work harder on communicating with my allies to ensure the best outcome.

Day 5: Got nuked again but I can handle it. Rebuild and attack!

Day 6: Getting nuked seriously sucks. Rebuild and attack!

Day 7: My allies and I have the upper hand. Let's take it home!

Day 7.5: Yeah, this whole getting nuked thing? Not cool. Rebuild and attack...

Day 8: They're still fighting? Don't they know it's hopeless? Attack! Die! Die! Die!

Day 9: Nuked again? *sigh* Rebuild and attack.

Day 10: At least the emails are still funny.

Day 11+: I better get paid for this.

Some alliance members do it just cause it makes the game fun, and don't care so much about the pixels. ;)

Congrats on Peace IRON.

Some alliance members do it just cause it makes the game fun, and don't care so much about the pixels. ;)

Congrats on Peace IRON.

Alliance over infra every time.

Note to self: Attempts at humor will attract trolls.

DISCLAIMER: Since every nation in my alliance is free to maintain individual opinions, it should come as no surprise that the following message may contain opinions which are not necessarily representative of my alliance as a whole. If you can't wrap your mind around that concept, tough, deal with it.

o/ Off-white Peace

o/ Grämlins - specifically Ejayrazz - you still kept me on my toes while I was nuking you! Looking forward to improved relations with your alliance in the future.

o/ FARK - Thanks Imperium Americana and IDSFA for providing me with a challenge! You have earned my respect, and have my personal invitation to stop over for a good stiff drink from my personal stash. Maybe next time around, we can fight on the same side.

o/ MHA - Thanks for the poetry - even though it was sub-par even by Vogon standards, it still maimed most that heard it. Still, you seem to at least know where your towels are, and that's OK.

o/ to the many nations of IRON for honoring treaties in spite of overwhelming numerical superiority and for holding out longer than many alliances would under the circumstances. We have learned a lot during this war: about ourselves, about our allies, and about many other alliances, including those supportive us and those screaming for our demise. Know this: we'll be back, stronger and wiser.

The true heart of IRON is beating as strong today as it was the day I chose to join. If you form your opinions of IRON based on the past actions of one individual nation, your opinions are now outdated, congratulations on looking like an um, you know.

To all the other alliances that actually took the time to get to know us: Hi, how y'all doing?

FERRO CREDIMUS!

Lord Rathinosk,

Chancellor of Vrastnok

For the same reason that paying a fine for vomiting on the nice police officer’s shoes after he notices you stumbling from those bushes outside the bar is meant as a token of penitence, rather than filling the city’s treasure chest, IRON agrees to acknowledge “you win, we lose” by paying a total of 20,000 technology and $1,500,000,000 in reparations to Ragnarok; and 2,500 technology each to the International Protection Agency, Ascended Republic of Elite States, The Order of Halsa, and Royal Order of Confederate Kingdoms.

The Grämlins, Farkistan, Mostly Harmless Alliance, and Fifth Column Confederation consider the IRON nations’ hospitality during this conflict payment enough and request no additional repartitions.

i.e Everyone other than RoK and IPA and a few others wanted reps.

Suck it up IRON. When the next war comes around you can always make sure your on the opposite side. Personally Id settle for triple previous reps, with 6 weeks of eating nukes prior to any surrender being accepted I think IRONs in a strong position all things considered.

The next war will be fun. You may get your goodies out of IRON right now but I really really hope it plays out my way in the long run. Next time IRON wont be on the loosing side, I cant wait to see the outcome of that.

Karma, what goes around comes around :)

Really? hmmmmm

Edited by uaciaut

Really? hmmmmm

Yes, it is very good seeing the new reformed Valhalla around.

Funny that the new Valhalla sounds an awefull lot like the old Valhalla. Funny how White peace works for certain alliances.

He was referring to the talks about reps we had. Rok wasn't willing to let their smaller allies walk away damaged without some sort of repayment.

Indeed. They offered, but RoK wanted them to get something. Sorry for the confusion.

I was wrong in my words toward you. As I've said before, I apologize for going after you as I did. It's easy to take words out of context and sometimes I get tunnel vision and lock on to anything even remotely resembling a target.

Best of luck to you. :)

Oh, that was nothing.

I am known to be a bit harsh, so I understand why people get defensive :)

Best of luck to you as well

yes because one member, who's not gov, and has a deep-rooted history with IRON, is upset with the terms they received clearly means Valhalla has not changed at all. :rolleyes:

It's starting to get ridiculous now, can we just have one thread where our peace terms don't get brought up? please?

Instead of protecting him with the "he is not gov" argument, you should tell him to @*!&@ off with his threats.