Rate my new alliance flag :)

Roofus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite good, but I have two comments. What's with the lightning? It has no symbolic meaning, it's just unnecessary junk that looks bad. Secondly, 'United Earth Directorate' and you have a picture of Australia?

I would rate your flag as a solid B. The elements, (globe, star, cirlse, arrow fleting, lighning bolts etc) are easy enough to remember. The color scheme contrasts well. On the down side , your design is a bit too busy and because of that it does not translate well in smaller sizes. Keep in mind that if your alliance is successful, your flag will appear on official documents, Avs, sigs and a multitude of other places. As such it must be recognizable at a smaller size. For what it is worth, if I were to design your flag, given the elements you provided in your OP, it would look like this:

AS6flagUED.png

The arrow fletching could substitute for the lighning bolt as could a simple diagonal line.

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

I would rate your flag as a solid B. The elements, (globe, star, cirlse, arrow fleting, lighning bolts etc) are easy enough to remember. The color scheme contrasts well. On the down side , your design is a bit too busy and because of that it does not translate well in smaller sizes. Keep in mind that if your alliance is successful, your flag will appear on official documents, Avs, sigs and a multitude of other places. As such it must be recognizable at a smaller size. For what it is worth, if I were to design your flag, given the elements you provided in your OP, it would look like this:

AS6flagUED.png

The arrow fletching could substitute for the lighning bolt as could a simple diagonal line.

I didnt mind the lightning bolts. I prefered the first one over the simpler one.

This one that Antonio Salovega VI made uses the lightning bolt in a much better way.

I read somewhere in an ancient CN thread a good flag should be able to be re-drawn easily, and yours is not. Coloring is decent. I'd lose the globe, though, and bolts. Symbols should be simplistic and meaningful

5/10

I like the one Antonio posted, though I'd still lose the globe. and just have a star+circle.

Edited by Vasiliy

Not a bad flag, with Cirrus's and Antonio's proposals it may become really great.

I'd personally work on something like Antonio's, but removing the five pointed star and the circles from the globe, and making it a bit larger (so that the continents are still discernible when you use a small version of it).

Something like:

jdAS6flagUED.png