Trashcat's Corner: And They Will Look Up And Shout Save Us

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pieces like these? Does this work offend you? I do love that once again people have no problem with me ragging on GGA in just about all my issues but the moment I say one thing criticizing your decision this piece is a dagger in your back. It wasnt even impolite. This is me arguing and debating, nothing more. If you take every debate as a personal jab to your pride then you are gonna be in for a wild ride. Also, you say pieces as if Ive come at Umbrella in more than one of my works. Please elaborate.

It doesn't really since I already got most of this in the other thread. I don't think it sets a good tone for discussion, however. I'll concede that you haven't come after us before in Trashcat's Corner, but both the logs and the parts of your OP were jabs. You said there were some less than honorable motives at work in our decision and then said we made the claim that Valhalla had changed completely overnight. I'm not crying or anything, and I've tried to stay as civil as possible with you and others who are angry about this. Don't be surprised if some people respond to you in a hostile manner, though.

Edited by Nausea

It doesn't really since I already got most of this in the other thread. I don't think it sets a good tone for discussion, however. I'll concede that you haven't come after us before in Trashcat's Corner, but both the logs and the parts of your OP were jabs. You said there were some less than honorable motives at work in our decision and then said we made the claim that Valhalla had changed completely overnight. I'm not crying or anything, and I've tried to stay as civil as possible with you and others who are angry about this. Don't be surprised if some people respond to you in a hostile manner, though.

I will not be surprised, not in the least. I dont see them as jabs as much as just my opinions on the subject. I also am not claiming you showed dishonor in the peace you gave, I said that you showed disunity in the way that you handled the situation in accordance to other Karma alliances.

And now for a new section of Trashcat's Corner called "New Rules of Planet Bob." The idea was given to me by VIdiot the Great and I hope to include it in all issues following this. Here are the new rules for this week:

He gave you the idea to rip off Bill Maher? Also, needs more funny, and less bitterness.

I still don't fully understand what the hell stopped all you alliances complaining about our "white peace" from declaring on us yourselves, if you felt certain reps needed to be pulled from us. Did KARMA agree on a hard cap of six alliances per Hegemony alliance and these guys screwed up your stagger and filled our war slots or something? In some cases, the complaining alliances had fully left the war by the time this happened. There's an easy way to get input into peace terms. Join the war.

He gave you the idea to rip off Bill Maher? Also, needs more funny, and less bitterness.

I still don't fully understand what the hell stopped all you alliances complaining about our "white peace" from declaring on us yourselves, if you felt certain reps needed to be pulled from us. Did KARMA agree on a hard cap of six alliances per Hegemony alliance and these guys screwed up your stagger and filled our war slots or something? In some cases, the complaining alliances had fully left the war by the time this happened. There's an easy way to get input into peace terms. Join the war.

He pointed out that itd be a good expansion to the show, do you have a problem with that?

Also, Yes, it would have been totally ok for us to attack the alliances that just surrendered to our allies, who were decommed, and were probably under their protection while decommed. Use your head, there are some precedents that you just dont break for obvious reasons.

Besides us being heavily engaged fighting NPO? I think we also have no treaties allowing us to hit you.

So you're saying you have no CB, but feel you're owed a great deal of reps from us? Does that really make sense to you? Besides, who would've stopped you from hitting us without those treaties? I assume it would be a KARMA alliance, if anyone, and if so wouldn't they be just as much dishonoring the ideal of KARMA in preventing you from attacking us? Why no verbal assault on them?

So you're saying you have no CB, but feel you're owed a great deal of reps from us? Does that really make sense to you? Besides, who would've stopped you from hitting us without those treaties? I assume it would be a KARMA alliance, if anyone, and if so wouldn't they be just as much dishonoring the ideal of KARMA in preventing you from attacking us? Why no verbal assault on them?

The idea of the reps is that Valhalla has done enough to others to warrant reps. Hitting an alliance without treaties shows nothing, and as stated earlier, the huge warchests would have helped you out while NPO was hitting them as well.

Do you even read what we post? Like seriously, do you? Cause I don't think anyone in Vanguard seriously asked for Valhalla to give us reps while not being at war with us.

He pointed out that itd be a good expansion to the show, do you have a problem with that?

Also, Yes, it would have been totally ok for us to attack the alliances that just surrendered to our allies, who were decommed, and were probably under their protection while decommed. Use your head, there are some precedents that you just dont break for obvious reasons.

If you wanted in, there were a full two weeks of war available before peace terms were reached. If you felt certain things needed to be brought against us why rely on some alliance you have no direct ties with? Why not jump in earlier and make sure you got invited to the peace party were such a party to occur? Even if fully engaged, you couldn't spare a nation or two to show some unity with the guys fighting what is apparently a bitter enemy?

If you wanted in, there were a full two weeks of war available before peace terms were reached. If you felt certain things needed to be brought against us why rely on some alliance you have no direct ties with? Why not jump in earlier and make sure you got invited to the peace party were such a party to occur? Even if fully engaged, you couldn't spare a nation or two to show some unity with the guys fighting what is apparently a bitter enemy?

We were assigned NPO. We trusted our fellow Karma mates to do what we thought they planned to do. We were wrong about their intentions. That much is clear. Im sorry if you think that breaking coalition unity in the middle of a war by throwing away Karma strategy and just declaring on random alliances is a good idea because that is just a terrible idea. We attacked who we were planned to attack and did our part for the coalition. We clearly didnt know that Umbrella was giving Valhalla white peace, or we wouldnt have been so upset.

I also am not claiming you showed dishonor in the peace you gave, I said that you showed disunity in the way that you handled the situation in accordance to other Karma alliances.
All bull !@#$ aside, what we see here is ally grabbing and placement.

Also, there is no one with veto power. I can't determine what anyone offers alliances for that matter. If I don't like the terms, I can voice my discontent, but ultimately they'll do what they want. We really didn't want reps. We've taken them in the past so our hands aren't entirely clean of it, but we decided not to do it again.

I think perhaps Chefjoe would like a word with you out back in the woodshed. <_<

Stumpy: You clearly don't know our financial situation very well. I'm no where near having the cash necessary to rebuild right away and I know a number of others at Valhalla are in the same boat. We left our warchests mostly on the battlefield and wouldn't have done it any other way.

I'm also confused how you can on the one hand refer to Valhalla as everything but Mafia hitmen but then on the other hand gush all over Electron Sponge, self appointed Don of Polaris, and his new alliance. It is a basic contradiction that makes no sense.

I do however agree with you that people are looking for friends long term, beyond the war. There is nothing new in that. In our case though I genuinely believe that we earned the respect of those we faced off against. We weren't the monster that some painted us to be, but we certainly had teeth.

With that, I'm not sure I have much else to say. I sense that this thread will derail fast and hard and really no one from Valhalla need apply.

Also, there is no one with veto power. I can't determine what anyone offers alliances for that matter. If I don't like the terms, I can voice my discontent, but ultimately they'll do what they want. We really didn't want reps. We've taken them in the past so our hands aren't entirely clean of it, but we decided not to do it again.

How is claiming allies for the future dishonorable? I didnt question your honor in that post.

I think perhaps Chefjoe would like a word with you out back in the woodshed. <_<

Stumpy: You clearly don't know our financial situation very well. I'm no where near having the cash necessary to rebuild right away and I know a number of others at Valhalla are in the same boat. We left our warchests mostly on the battlefield and wouldn't have done it any other way.

I'm also confused how you can on the one hand refer to Valhalla as everything but Mafia hitmen but then on the other hand gush all over Electron Sponge, self appointed Don of Polaris, and his new alliance. It is a basic contradiction that makes no sense.

I do however agree with you that people are looking for friends long term, beyond the war. There is nothing new in that. In our case though I genuinely believe that we earned the respect of those we faced off against. We weren't the monster that some painted us to be, but we certainly had teeth.

With that, I'm not sure I have much else to say. I sense that this thread will derail fast and hard and really no one from Valhalla need apply.

Electron Sponge paid his dues. You hold grudges against him personally for obvious reasons. Im pretty sure they are the same reasons I hold grudges against you and yours. Calling me a hypocrite goes both ways.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

This is the new reformed Valhalla?

Edited by Chickenzilla

Kind of hard to be that monster when you don't win.