Blast from the past.

WarriorConcept

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh...GUARD was tiny

although I think things would have been awfully interesting if NPO hadn't rolled ONOS when they did. With the break of WUT it probably would have become quite big (if not necessarily militarily capable)

GUARD already had ONOS/NADC/SPARTA, and just prior to its dismantle VE had applied, which would have made 4 of the sanctioned alliances (keep in mind GPA/GOLD/IRON weren't in blocks)

NPO was definitely strategic back then if nothing else

I don't honestly think GUARD would've survived long enough to become really big after the fall of WUT heh.

heh...GUARD was tiny

although I think things would have been awfully interesting if NPO hadn't rolled ONOS when they did. With the break of WUT it probably would have become quite big (if not necessarily militarily capable)

GUARD already had ONOS/NADC/SPARTA, and just prior to its dismantle VE had applied, which would have made 4 of the sanctioned alliances (keep in mind GPA/GOLD/IRON weren't in blocks)

NPO was definitely strategic back then if nothing else

Sparta wasn't sanctioned back then, they didn't get a sanction until the same time CSN did, which was well after GUARD disbanded. Besides which, Sparta joined after ONOS was attacked.

I feel so old...

Also, who was in the NDF, wasnt it the Maroon bloc?

Northern Defense Front. Was a bloc led by NoR, which included MDC, FCO (I think), UGO, and several others, such as OIN. Basically any smallish alliance, regardless of world opinions and aims was let in. When GWII came around, they all wanted to go to one side or another, so they fell apart.

Their 'importance' was essentially the alliances that split from them and ended up growing in size quite fast. Like Sparta.

edit: And if I recall correctly, NADC? Though I could be wrong.

Edited by Mixoux

This is from around when I started. :o

I always wondered why everyone made New Pacific Order in the United States and not in the various lands around the Pacific Ocean, which would seem a more fitting place.

Their 'importance' was essentially the alliances that split from them and ended up growing in size quite fast. Like Sparta.

edit: And if I recall correctly, NADC? Though I could be wrong.

Yeah, NADC did split off of OIN.

However, OIN itself was failtastic. All the leaders of quality ended up leaving rather than making a real effort to improve OIN.

This is from around when I started. :o

I always wondered why everyone made New Pacific Order in the United States and not in the various lands around the Pacific Ocean, which would seem a more fitting place.

One would think it was because prior to the Great Patriotic War, the NPO offered a good parallel with the United States. Powerful, assertive, preferring unilateralism to multilateralism, uneasy alliances, etc. It was twice as large and twice as strong as the next alliance and it had an aura of invincibility. The main difference, I believe, was cultural. The NPO has always been conceived as totalitarian.