News from the Greater Nordland Reich

Malatose

SIC:

With the Greater Nordland Reich establishing itself as one of the world super powers, the next step began. Reichkanzler Scolar Visari issued his first decree, as the ReichKanzer of the Greater Nordland Reich.

Reichkanzler Decree TXB.1

- Russian oil and gas fields under the control of the Greater Nordland Reich will be placed under the control of the Nordland Gas and Oil Company

- All gas and oil pipelines will see all activity halted. While major pumping processes are halted, major pipelines are be diverted around SlavoRussian territory and directed into German Lander owned Russian territory.

- With the diverting of major pipelines, SlavoRussia is to see no more oil from Nordlandic Eastern Oil and Gas Fields

- With the continued state of war between the Greater Nordland Reich and the Republic of Mariehamm, we see no need to continue economic activity between the two entities. Therefore, we will halt the importing of Natural gas, which is imported mostly from Eastern Russian Nordlandic Gas lines. We estimate the amount of gas saved will be well over 4.52 billion metric tonnes.

- Coal from Prussia will also be halted.

I expect these measures to be carried out at once. Any questions, please contact myself or the Reich Minister of Economics.

Signed,

Reichkanzler of the Greater Nordland Reich

Scolar Visari

Edited by Malatose

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minister of the Interior, Kristoffer Michaelson Aussicht, has just announced that he will be expanding the Norsvean underground bunker project. In the Norsvean lander, there are underground bunkers under each city, connected physically and electronically. Each bunker is more than enough to cover the population of said city, and has its own hydroponics facility, ready to grow food. The underground cities will be connected by a new high speed underground rail that will also double as a pan-Nordlandic high speed transit system.

The facilities that will have offices and designated spaces in the underground are on a list, and some of the names are listed here:

Police

Major Hospitals

Army

"Odd, since when have we been buying anything from the Nords? Last I checked we got our fuel needs from ADI. These Nords are quite delusional." -Minister of Economics.

OOC: You don't RP where I get my resources, sorry. I have never RP'd buying from you, have a nice day.

"Odd, since when have we been buying anything from the Nords? Last I checked we got our fuel needs from ADI. These Nords are quite delusional." -Minister of Economics.

OOC: You don't RP where I get my resources, sorry. I have never RP'd buying from you, have a nice day.

OOC: No, I wasn't RPing for you. I was simply using real world facts, to come to my conclusion. Finland itself gets most of its energy sources from abroad.

OOC: No, I wasn't RPing for you. I was simply using real world facts, to come to my conclusion. Finland itself gets most of its energy sources from abroad.

OOC: It's okay to PM me questions you know, I try to be fair even to the people I don't like. :P

Yes, I get most of my energy from abroad, but it's from ADI, my only ally in the area. They have lots of such resources.

OOC: It's okay to PM me questions you know, I try to be fair even to the people I don't like. :P

Yes, I get most of my energy from abroad, but it's from ADI, my only ally in the area. They have lots of such resources.

OOC: I can confirm that. I PM'd him a few times when we didn't get along so well, and he was always at the very least, polite and willing to listen to ideas. :)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Udlingsamtsbefehl 16.Maj

It has been decided that in order to continue to promote Nordlandic Culture, the names of the month will be renamed to things concerning Nordlandic culture proper, rather than Roman. The Weekdays will be officialized in formal documents regarding the usage given by the people in Nordlandic in everday life, rather than the traditional "Deutsch" - formal Name.

Vochedagar (Weekdays):

Maandag (Moon's Day)

Tyrsdag (Tyr's Day)

Wodansdag (Odin's Day)

Þonarsdag (Thor's Day)

Frigsdag (Frigg's Day)

Silversdag (Silver's Day)

Sonndag (Sun's Day)

MönaÞer: (Months)

January: Preussenteið (The time of the Prussians)

February: Ruriksteið (The time of Rurik)

March: Herrmanteið (The time of Herrman)

April: Bismarckteið (The time of Bismarck)

May: Norrönteið (The time of the Norsemen)

June: Frankarsteið (The time of the Franks)

July: Krigersteið (The all-soldiers' month)

August: Idisteið (The Idisi, all female deities)

September: Martensteið (Kaiser Martens' month of birth)

October: Siegteið (Victory Time, commemorating the victory in the Silver Revolution and the Eastern Campaign)

November: Visariteið (Kaiser Visari)

December: Hravnarteið (After Odin's animal form)

-------------------------------------------

Silverdags will be used to commemorate the Silver Revolution, and each 30th of September's Night into the First of October, Martens' birthday will be celebrated together with the beginning of the Silver Revolution, the spark that ignited the creation of Nordland.

On January, the militaristic spirit of the Prussians and the fight for Prussia over centuries will be revisited.

On February, the battle of Teutoburger Wald and the Völkerwanderung will be the center of attention.

On April, Bismarck's successful creation of the German Empire will be glorified.

On May, the Nörronts, known as Norsemen or Vikings, will be studied, and forced christianization will be studied.

On June, the Franks' history will be explained, including their fights with other Nordlanders and campaigns for forced christianization by the traitor charlemagne.

On July, all the Nordlandic and Pre-Nordlandic soldiers in history will be honored and mourned.

On August, The Idisen - The Female Deities - will be studied, and also feminism will be studied and highly valued.

On November, Visari's life and accomplishments will be studied.

On December, mythology and the ancientmost origins of the Nordlanders and their Religion shall be the focus.

OOC: Lynneth is actually German, it's understandable that all this "nord" crap offends him.

OOC: Nord crap? I like the Nord stuff its cool to read about and it seems to have been thought about just cause you don't like it doesn't mean you have act like Lynneth.

OOC: Nord crap? I like the Nord stuff its cool to read about and it seems to have been thought about just cause you don't like it doesn't mean you have act like Lynneth.

OOC: Everyone has their own opinion. I happen to agree with Lynneth that all this "Nordic" BS is offensive and going too far.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC:

Okay. Oooookay.

You just lost every last bit of respect that I had for you. Every. Last. Bit.

OOC:

Charlemagne is considered a traitor to the Nordic peoples because of his forced conversion (by a blade) to Catholicism that had pushed upon those he conquered--especially the Saxons and the Frankish division of Bavaria. He is especially not liked in the Eastern States for his forced submissions of the slavs near the end of his life.

You'll notice that forced-Christianity is never a popular subject in Nordic lore. There's no need to "lose respect" over keeping an RP continuous.

OOC: Let's not forget your taking of Slavorussia's land and renaming cities while changing culture a few months ago :wacko:

OOC: I never took Slavorussian land, I invaded the Garretian Federation and only renamed St. Petersburg. Then I came to an agreement to re-rename the city St. Petersburg and share it with Slavorussia.

So...you were saying?

OOC: I never took Slavorussian land, I invaded the Garretian Federation and only renamed St. Petersburg. Then I came to an agreement to re-rename the city St. Petersburg and share it with Slavorussia.

So...you were saying?

OOC: Just saying, wouldn't St. Petersburg make people angry? I also just remembered that popular uprising that Writer X led against Nordland and the UE...that was ignored. But it's ok, let's stop OOCing an IC thread.

OOC: Just saying, wouldn't St. Petersburg make people angry? I also just remembered that popular uprising that Writer X led against Nordland and the UE...that was ignored. But it's ok, let's stop OOCing an IC thread.

OOC: His popular uprising didn't make sense in context. There was no history for him to work with. I've been calling for history consistency.

OOC: Either way, this Nordic RP borders way to much on the Nazism of WW2. My grandfather fought the Nazi scum from 1938 to 1945. Before and after the war started and ended he was fighting. In the past I've been very good about not crossing IC business with OOC business. However, this is the absolute one thing that infuriates me.

I've rped a serial killer, pedo, and all sorts of sick twisted personalities. Yet I've never rped a piece of trash Nazi.

Now if I'm wrong about this I'll take my lumps, but this is my perception. The glorification of German culture was a big part of Nazism along with the deification of their fruitcake leader. I'm seeing a lot of both in this RP and I find it a bit disgusting.

I see nothing glorious with the history of Germany. That country and that people caused my family to much pain from the shell shock, the men lost in the fighting, and the families torn apart by two world wars.

That being the case, until I'm certain this "rp" has nothing to do with the filth of Nazism I won't acknowledge it in anyway.

To me you 'Nords' are merely a large blank space on the map.

OOC: Two world wars? Germany didn't start the first one.