News from the Greater Nordland Reich

Malatose

OOC: Mael, he was referring to using purely smart bombs in a carpet bombing effort. That's not cheap, even for an economic powerhouse.

OOC: And he explained modern nations have factories constantly producing smart munitions so they could be rather cheap, not as cheap as dumb bombs but still affordable for a nation with probably a bigger economy than the European Union.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: And he explained modern nations have factories constantly producing smart munitions so they could be rather cheap, not as cheap as dumb bombs but still affordable for a nation with probably a bigger economy than the European Union.

OOC: Actually, even if each of you had the same economy as me - which isn't the case, as everyone of you in the GNR is, on his own, weaker than me - you would roughly have a GDP of 12 trillion or something.

As you're quite a bit weaker individually, I'd estimate the total GDP to be a maxmum of 8 trillion, about twice that of the People's Republic of China (nominal), which is 4.4 trillion.

Edit: If we're using the fomula

Citizens * 365 * 100 * Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day = GDP

Edit 2: And that's with saved stats. Without, you'd be weaker than the PRC.

Edited by Lynneth

SIC:

The Nordic High Command has ordered the Greater German Lander to deploy an additional force of roughly 90,000 troops to the ADI border. While ADI has not yet announced their intention to join the conflict, it is a known fact they are a member of the True European Coalition. Therefore, this is more of a precautionary measure.

Forces to be deployed:

Three Panzer Grenadier Divisions:

Each Composed of the following:

15200 Troops

100 Marder II IFVs

190 Panzer VII Tanks

Reconnaissance Battalion

Assault Gun or Self-Propelled Artillery Battalion

Combat Engineers Battalion

Anti-Aircraft Battalion

Tank Regiment

Tank Battalion

Tank Battalion

Mechanized Infantry Regiment:

Mechanized Infantry Battalion

Road Motorized Infantry Battalion

Rocket/Self Propelled Artillery Battalion:

Artillery Regiment

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

Three Panzer-Divisionen.

Each is composed of the following:

13200 Troops

100 Marder II IFVs

300 Panzer VII Tanks

Reconnaissance Battalion

Assault Gun or Self-Propelled Artillery Battalion

Combat Engineers Battalion

Anti-Aircraft Battalion

2x Tank Regiment

Tank Battalion

Tank Battalion

Rocket Artillery Battalion:

Artillery Regiment

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

Artillery Battalion

ooc: Smart.. carpet bombing? They're mutually exclusive. Carpet bombing is literally defined as using free fall conventional bombs in a cluster pattern. The mass release of smart bombs has yet to get a technical term.

OOC: Abnd yet that's what they did in the Slavorussian campaign, if I recall correctly.

ooc: Smart.. carpet bombing? They're mutually exclusive. Carpet bombing is literally defined as using free fall conventional bombs in a cluster pattern. The mass release of smart bombs has yet to get a technical term.

OOC: I'd call it a barrage if anything.

Edited by hawk_11

The headline of the Königsberg Freistaat spread shocking news to it's readers in Prussia and around the world.

"Most troops return home! Only 100,000 left in Nordheim!"

The article--released by the government's office of public affairs--detailed the lack of need of so many Prussian troops remaining in Nordheim (400k). The Prussians had already downsized their force before the war even began. The majority of the Prussian military was now home.

Almost immediately after the announcement, a press blackout occurred, and a decree was ordered for all Prussian military families to not speak of the condition of their sons and daughters. For all anyone knew, they were still in Nordheim. When the troops stepped foot in Prussia by either civilian/military flight or ferried boat, they were ordered to load into trucks, trains or another aircraft.

They were off to the eastern frontier.

SECRET LOGISTICS: 500k troops and 3000 tanks heading somewhere to the East. 100k Troops still in Nordheim with 500 tanks. 350k troops are still in Prussia with 750 tanks for national defense.

Edited by Brian Reimer

SIC

RakenTruppen V-3B Mobile and Silo Based Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile Regiments have been placed on high alert. Missiles are being prepped and readied for launch. In addition, the Greater Nordic Reich will begin to launch short duration, micro-Earth Observation satellites, which will have a combination of CCD Imaging (charge-coupled device), and SAR (Synthetic aperture radar). Of course these will be geo-synced. Over a dozen of these micro satellites will be launched to work in conjunction with the systems already in space.

They will be launched within two days.

Edited by Malatose

SIC

RakenTruppen V-3B Mobile and Silo Based Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile Regiments have been placed on high alert. Missiles are being prepped and readied for launch. In addition, the Greater Nordic Reich will begin to launch short duration, micro-Earth Observation satellites, which will have a combination of CCD Imaging (charge-coupled device), and SAR (Synthetic aperture radar). Of course these will be geo-synced. Over a dozen of these micro satellites will be launched to work in conjunction with the systems already in space.

They will be launched within two days.

OOC: You're playing on saved stats, so no more technological advancement. These satellites have not been documented before and so they would come as a new development, which you are not allowed to do.

This was alerted to me via PM, and I will uphold the complaint, and so I ask that they be removed.

EDIT: After an IRC conversation, these have been downgraded to a RL sat in geo-sync orbit. They have no CCD nor SAR, and a resolution limit of 1073m, meaning any features smaller than that are invisible.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: You're playing on saved stats, so no more technological advancement. These satellites have not been documented before and so they would come as a new development, which you are not allowed to do.

This was alerted to me via PM, and I will uphold the complaint, and so I ask that they be removed.

EDIT: After an IRC conversation, these have been downgraded to a RL sat in geo-sync orbit. They have no CCD nor SAR, and a resolution limit of 1073m, meaning any features smaller than that are invisible.

OOC: I will back up this decision as fellow GM.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Actually I'm no longer playing on saved stats and neither is Merger.

All Prussian Troops that are deployed to the East are hereby ordered to withdraw into Prussia, and fortify major metropolitan areas. All units still in transport to the east, are ordered to halt, and enter the nearest military facility for further orders. The luftwaffe is ordered to scramble, and return to base immediately. The kreigsmarine is hereby ordered to group in Daznig, Königsberg and Perungrad.