News from the Greater Nordland Reich

Malatose

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I mentioned it many times, ever since the Slavorussian campaign, now get out of my thread or I get in your country.

OOC: Hmm, nice OOC motivation right there.

No links? Maybe I've somehow been missing it, I'm not omniscient you know.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: You're become Frost, Baron. Stop it.

Martens, be the grownup.

OOC: How exactly am I becoming Frost? I'm asking to see where they RP'd actually building these things, why is that so wrong? If I'm proven wrong I'll shut up about it, it's that simple.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: How exactly am I becoming Frost? I'm asking to see where they RP'd actually building these things, why is that so wrong? If I'm proven wrong I'll shut up about it, it's that simple.

OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=53893

Even with my restrictions of using a Blackjack and having to type out addresses, I can find the beginning. You need to look harder, otherwises you'll be the same as Front: a whiner who complains while never reading other's RPs.

Even with my restrictions of using a Blackjack and having to type out addresses, I can find the beginning. You need to look harder, otherwises you'll be the same as Front: a whiner who complains while never reading other's RPs.

OOC: How exactly is a single post anything like what I was asking for?

I'm asking for comprehensive detailed construction RP's.

OOC: So....I can RP building all variety of complex fortifications in my nation (even more fortified than Nordland's) in a single post? :awesome:

Creation of a New Reich Ministry

The Greater Nordland Reich has fallen far behind in the space race. Some estimates within the Nordic Military put us at nine years behind the opposition. That must come to an end. Future Nordic generations must not see us as failures but as bringers of innovation even in space. Therefore, I am announcing a new ministry, that will take over all space functions. That new ministry will be the Reich Minister of Astronomy and Space Exploration. This new ReichMinistry will be responsible for space research and development, in addition to Nordic space travel. Leading this new Ministry will be Jewel Centuria, Grand daughter of the Emperor of the Phoenix Empire. We have placed all our faith in her.

Hail the Volk

Hail Nordland

Hail the Reich!

Signed,

ReichKanzler

Scolar Visari

Edited by Malatose

Fellow Comrades,

First of all I want to thank my Kanzler for offering this chance with the cooperation of Nordlandic Politics, Finance and Scientists our Space Program will receive a considerable boost. For too long has Nordland been limited to the rather small Earth I look forward to Nordlanders walking on the surface of other planets spreading our great culture into Infinity. While this will take long the basis is present. Nordland will and always shall prevail. To other nations considering us a threat, do not fear we will do our own thing and let the others do the same. May the best prevail.

With this speech the last preparations were made and the merge would slowly begin.

Formation of Organization Böhm

The Reich is always in need of skilled laborers. Therefore, I will be creating a new department directly subordinate to the ReichMinistry of Weapons, Armaments and Munitions. This new department will be named Organization Böhm. Organization Böhm, itself, will be broke into two subordinate departments. The Reich Department of Public Works and the Reich Department of Military Labor and Construction.

The Reich Department of Public Works main task will be construction of dykes, drainage improvement work, vast tree removal operations, the reclaimation of fallow or wasted land, and the construction of roads and general upkeep of items associated with public works.

The Reich Department of Labor and Construction will be tasked with repairing airstrips, constructing coastal fortifications, loaded and unloaded supplies and ammunition, laying minefields, manning fortifications, combined Logistics and Military construction service. Essentially, this department will take part all manner of military logisitical and construction duties.

Service in this department will, of course, be involuntary to those unemployed. However, those that do join will gain dozens of membership perks such as access to government funded vacations and programs, such cruises and educational benefits. The education benefits will be in the form of government run education. Members of Organization Böhm will have the oppurtunity to learn a specific trade of their choice. Therefore, when their eight months of service ends, they will be able to find a job quickly in the civilian sector.

Of course, the salary for Organization Böhm will be very generous. The average pay an hour will run at twenty Nordic Reichsmarks.

Edited by Malatose

Slave Labour at its finest!

slave

  /sleɪv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sleyv] Show IPA noun, verb, slaved, slav⋅ing.

–noun

1. a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant.

2. a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person: a slave to a drug.

3. a drudge: a housekeeping slave.

4. a slave ant.

5. Photography. a subsidiary flash lamp actuated through its photoelectric cell when the principal flash lamp is discharged.

6. Machinery. a mechanism under control of and repeating the actions of a similar mechanism. Compare master (def. 19).

A person would be none of these as while they are forced to work they remain free. However if one wants to receive money from the state he will have to work. Or would you want people to live without food, shelter, clothing, etc.?

slave

2. a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person: a slave to a drug.

A person would be none of these as while they are forced to work they remain free. However if one wants to receive money from the state he will have to work. Or would you want people to live without food, shelter, clothing, etc.?

You are forced to work here, and have no choice about it? Thats slavery. You can't leave of your own free will, thats a prisoner. Your Workers would be imprisoned slaves, and Glorious Aotearoa condemns this!

You are forced to work here, and have no choice about it? Thats slavery. You can't leave of your own free will, thats a prisoner. Your Workers would be imprisoned slaves, and Glorious Aotearoa condemns this!

No one forces you to stay in the GNR you could leave as freedom of movement and speech remains.

Edited by Centurius

No one forces you to stay in the GNR you could leave as freedom of movement and speech remains.

Hm, really? The term, involuntary, would suggest that the worker is being made to work in that particular section without much choice, as in being forced to work against his/her will. That's somewhat similiar to 'slavery', or if you prefer, 'forced labor'. Perhaps you are trying to cover that up with 'government benefits' and the like to provide jusification for your continued use of forced labor?

Hm, really? The term, involuntary, would suggest that the worker is being made to work in that particular section without much choice, as in being forced to work against his/her will. That's somewhat similiar to 'slavery', or if you prefer, 'forced labor'. Perhaps you are trying to cover that up with 'government benefits' and the like to provide jusification for your continued use of forced labor?

Over history nations have gotten away with similar policies I know plenty of examples of nations who used these systems to decrease unemployment.

OOC: Serious many nations force people to get a job if they want government benefits, the Netherlands amongst others.

Over history nations have gotten away with similar policies I know plenty of examples of nations who used these systems to decrease unemployment.

OOC: Serious many nations force people to get a job if they want government benefits, the Netherlands amongst others.

You are claiming something immoral is fine as long as someone else has done it before? You are forcing people without other employment to work for you. That is slavery, and we know of no other country that does that. There are systems where people are given the option of being given a job in return for government allowance, but never have we seen one where people are forced to work like this.

You are claiming something immoral is fine as long as someone else has done it before? You are forcing people without other employment to work for you. That is slavery, and we know of no other country that does that. There are systems where people are given the option of being given a job in return for government allowance, but never have we seen one where people are forced to work like this.

OOC: Yeah, because Organization Todt, Reichsarbeitsdienst, Deutsche Arbeitsfront, organizations in the USSR, PRC didn't do such things to curtail unemployment. Funny stuff. :rolleyes:

OOC: Yeah, because Organization Todt, Reichsarbeitsdienst, Deutsche Arbeitsfront, organizations in the USSR, PRC didn't do such things to curtail unemployment. Funny stuff. :rolleyes:

OOC: The dutch also forces people to look for work if they want financial support and are able to work.