Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

You said "if neither of you benefit and neither of you are happy, keep it." Seems to me that if neither of the alliances are happy or are benefiting from a treaty then that would be the time to part ways.

Ah see you misunderstood my post. The OP said that the cancellation resulted in no benefits and did not make either side happy. That, along with all the other things the OP pre-preemptively denied, if all true, should have resulted in keeping the treaty.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah see you misunderstood my post. The OP said that the cancellation resulted in no benefits and did not make either side happy. That, along with all the other things the OP pre-preemptively denied, if all true, should have resulted in keeping the treaty.

Follow your logic right around in a circle and eventually it will bite your $@!. Read the OP correctly, in context, and all will be much clearer for you.

Follow your logic right around in a circle and eventually it will bite your $@!. Read the OP correctly, in context, and all will be much clearer for you.

I have felt no bite yet good sir. I read the OP. Correctly, word for word. If you could be kind enough to let me know how I read it wrong, then I might take your words more seriously.

Grub is saying that he does not wish the cancellation to be used as propaganda by uninvolved third parties who might be looking to latch onto a dispute between the Orders for their own benefit, thus the reasons have been kept private. Obviously we wanted to cancel the treaty or we would not have done it. Even if the nostalgia does bring a final tear to some of our eyes, we still do not regret canceling the treaty at this time.

Edited by Penguin

Gotcha, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Grub wasn't specifically referring to Polaris and Pacifca when he said that. He was simply stating that this cancellation wasn't for the pleasure or benefit of Karma. Edited by cookavich

I am going to go out on a limb and say this -

For those of you who will respond with announcements of spectacular foresight, incredible graphic sensibilities or overly astute political commentary, save it. The reasons for this cancellation are not the subject of public discussion, not for the amusement or benefit of anyone and are no cause for celebrations, despite your view point or agenda.

But I already did. Context is a wonderful thing. The Decree has wonderful paragraphs that arrange the concepts into little bite sized pieces that allow you to follow along more easily. Read the paragraph, in context, then leave me alone.

If I wanted to discuss why things happen, I would have indicated it was open for discussion. As it stands now, you are entitled to post whatever it is you wish to by way of comment or otherwise, I have stated I will not discuss it, so you can expect that to remain constant.

For those of you who will respond with announcements of spectacular foresight, incredible graphic sensibilities or overly astute political commentary, save it. The reasons for this cancellation are not the subject of public discussion, not for the amusement or benefit of anyone and are no cause for celebrations, despite your view point or agenda.

But I already did. Context is a wonderful thing. The Decree has wonderful paragraphs that arrange the concepts into little bite sized pieces that allow you to follow along more easily. Read the paragraph, in context, then leave me alone.

If I wanted to discuss why things happen, I would have indicated it was open for discussion. As it stands now, you are entitled to post whatever it is you wish to by way of comment or otherwise, I have stated I will not discuss it, so you can expect that to remain constant.

So Did you do this for me and only me grub? c/d

You cannot stop me from gazing in awe at that amazing bird. Don't even try.

You cannot stop me from gazing in awe at that amazing bird. Don't even try.

Ericadia came back from the dead for about 2 weeks and made this and a couple of other awesome graphics before returning to the grave. He hasn't been seen (to my knowledge) since, but I'm happy he left us this.

Ericadia came back from the dead for about 2 weeks and made this and a couple of other awesome graphics before returning to the grave. He hasn't been seen (to my knowledge) since, but I'm happy he left us this.

Just in time.

If you want to be left alone, don't be in the government of a major alliance.

You make an announcement telling everyone what not to do, and saying it does not benefit anyone. Penguin says you wanted to cancel it. Achieving something you want seems to be beneficial. If you meant that it only does not benefit any of the rest of us, please say so in the OP.

That being said, who are you to tell me what I can celebrate and what I can't? Given my point of view, I would say this is definitely cause for celebration. I was upset when this treaty was signed, so of course I am happy now that it is gone.

Bolded to show contradiction.

Edited by Hoping

It is hard to express my thoughts on this without being too simplistic or too over dramatic. For me personally, this is a reminder that Polaris is still pure at heart. It's quite simply an act that should have happened literally years ago, and while the delay in removing this tie has cost much, more than can be summed up on in post, it is done. It is my sincere hope that the NPO knows what they have lost with this, and morns it. It's doubtful at this point though.

Polaris has never been anything but a tool to be used in the eyes of the Pacifican. To the Polar Soldier, the NPO was the best ally we had for so long. To the Pacifican Soldier Polaris was dirt. A step-child who was expected to be obedient and expect nothing in return. Respect has never been a two say street and every single soul who thought they could bring this relationship to balance has failed. Sponge, Assington, myself, and now Grub. Not that this is a failing on Grub's part. He failed at a task that can not be accomplished. His only fault was believing that there was some good left in the NPO.

Polaris has tolerated the NPO and their crap for so long that this is an almost anti-climatic end. May this treaty stay dead forever, and both parties move on to whatever their independent ends may be.

p.s. to those who wish to derail this thread with crap about Polaris not upholding their treaties, take it elsewhere. You are a flaming idiot if you think Polaris is a group that ignores the intent and the word of its treaties. That has never been the case in any era, and certainly not under Grub's rule.

You make an announcement telling everyone what not to do, and saying it does not benefit anyone. Penguin says you wanted to cancel it. Achieving something you want seems to be beneficial. If you meant that it only does not benefit any of the rest of us, please say so in the OP.

That being said, who are you to tell me what I can celebrate and what I can't? Given my point of view, I would say this is definitely cause for celebration. I was upset when this treaty was signed, so of course I am happy now that it is gone.

If I bold your whole post will that help me understand? I clearly have no idea how to construct a sentence in the face of overwhelming analysis, so just take it that I meant what I said. If it confuses you, interpret it however you feel the happiest, I actually don't care.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think there was some sense of delicious revenge after the events of last summer, but NpO have done nothing wrong here. Hell, anyone still smarting from the cancellation back then must be smiling from ear to ear.

On another note, anyone still have an independent treaty left with NPO?

*raises hand*

If I bold your whole post will that help me understand? I clearly have no idea how to construct a sentence in the face of overwhelming analysis, so just take it that I meant what I said. If it confuses you, interpret it however you feel the happiest, I actually don't care.

Aww no care for the little man? Use of sarcasm and appeal to the absurd to deflect questioning? How very similar to those alliances you and your allies are at war with, and in fact just canceled on...

Your reading comprehension sucks. The announcement says the cancellation was not done for the benefit of the public... I suggest you read the 2nd paragraph of the announcement over and over again to better understand the context of what you're nitpicking. Edited by cookavich

Your reading comprehension sucks. The announcement says the cancellation was not done for the benefit of the public... I suggest you read the 2nd paragraph of the announcement over and over again to better understand the context of what you're nitpicking.

"not for the amusement or benefit of anyone"

I read it. I comprehended it. Change anyone to public and I would have less of a problem with it. But as it stands there are many problems.