Jarheads War effect on NPO battle readiness

Sileath

The title says it all. By the way what the $%&@ is this smiley? :lol1:

Did the Jarheads War have an effect on NPO battle readiness? Were the small nations battle-weakened? Were the aid slots of the fatties filled up so they couldn't get battle loot out before they hit peace mode? Or did the Jarheads War have no discernible effect at all?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Rabonnobar on this highly controversial issue that plagues our current times.

Thank you good sir, with such a high-profile and hot-button issue as this, it is nice to have the support of a fine gentleman such as yourself. ^_^

Gonna go with rabonnobar, except it probably didn't teach them anything about war.

You're probably right, I mean, again, so small an impact, who knows, really, just threw it in there just in case, but I kinda doubt it too myself. :P

Edited by rabonnobar

Contrary to my peers, I am of the opinion that the Jarheads are responsible for the New Pacific Order's current situation -- not Karma.

Here's looking at you, Jarheads.

Before Jarheads, the world cowered in fear before the mighty NPO. But one alliance, stood up and spat in the face of the ogre, and showed the world that one need not give up hope in the face of destruction, and instead they could fight back.

GOD BLESS THE JARHEADS

what few FAN nations were in war mode had been beating on the lower ranks of NPO for a loooong time before the jarheads issue came up . I doubt jarheads had done much more damage to moral / battle readiness than what was already done .

I can't say much about which past war had what kind of effect on any specific details, but I have had distinct observation. NPO seems to been fully ready for war, as if just about everyone were perpetually laying in wait.

When you look at the graphs, a lot of other alliances appear to have shot up in strength just before the war and then back down again once all of the soft squishy masses are blown off the planet. The fact that NPO didn't have the same upswing suggests that they were as ready as they could be for a long time, the only other explanation is that they had the biggest war of their lives drop down on them without reacting in the slightest way.

Not sure what to think about that, but my personal peace-time focus that I had over the past few months is now costing me dearly in the time of war.

Being in the number one spot , I imagine NPO as a whole was pretty paranoid about ANY possible military action . Most of thier upper level nations went into peacemode whenever there was a ripple of discontent on bob . With thier lower level nations already in a warlike stance , and the larger nations going hippy , It's not hard to believe there wasn't a large,noticable uptick in thier NS before hostilities .

My observation is that NPO as a whole was geared for offensive war . Possibly too much so .

Sarcasm fails me at the moment. What the hell were you thinking when you made this topic? Even if this happened -- which is highly unlikely -- you have absolutely no statistical or empirical evidence to back it up, you've made no argument for it for us to discuss, you've got absolutely nothing to base this theory on. Were you just overcome by an insatiable desire to hit the New Topic button that you tossed in the most ridiculous idea that came to mind? Next time, do us all a favour and AdBlock it instead. You deserve the mockery you're going to get.

Sarcasm fails me at the moment. What the hell were you thinking when you made this topic? Even if this happened -- which is highly unlikely -- you have absolutely no statistical or empirical evidence to back it up, you've made no argument for it for us to discuss, you've got absolutely nothing to base this theory on. Were you just overcome by an insatiable desire to hit the New Topic button that you tossed in the most ridiculous idea that came to mind? Next time, do us all a favour and AdBlock it instead. You deserve the mockery you're going to get.

Because talking crap in person is dangerous. That's right I called YOU are troll.

I'm with Doitzel on this one, though SileathTopics are normally as bad or worse. =_= look at his history of OWF topics. You'll find some goodies. I'm in a good mood right now so I won't comment further except to say that Jarheads had nothing to do with NPO right now. =_= Not good and not bad.

At a time Jarheads had over 50 NPO members in Anarchy.

What's more is the Jarheads war really irked alot of NPO members, the one-sided OPSEC whereby many powerful nations were on at update and to their dismay there would be no targets for them to attack. It made them more complacent to a more real thread on the horizon, the amassed forces of Karma who were mobilising to prepare for this inevitable show-down. Although not planning, just aware of the political climate like many an NPO member were not.

Overall it could be said that the Jarheads war, one with quite a fair casus belli, which could have been overlooked had NPO wished not to exert it's power at any given moment was one of many catalysts which aided in dispelling the myths of NPO's invincibility. Especially as it was used as a method to retain members for an extended period of time, even those who wished to leave the NPO and find a home amongst their old comarades who were joining the New Sith Order in large numbers.

Another thing is with smaller nations aided, who would later dump money on Jarheads members in failed attacks or successful attacks from the other side, the 'banking system' which NPO once prided itself in was in shambles. Peace time aid halted shortly thereafter, meaning in many cases there were nations much less prepared, less equipped to deal with a war of this scale.

In conclusion. It was all Jarheads.

WALFORD BLESS JARHEADS!

Edited by Blacky

I see that the NPO are using the speed recruiting methods of Jarheads...they have recruited 100+ new nations (Counting newly created nations only) in the last fortnight which is phenomenal. This is why their membership numbers are not decreasing. I wonder if anyone else is recruiting.

edit: typo grrrrr!

Edited by SirDog

I see that the NPO are using the speed recruiting methods of Jarheads...they have recruited 100+ new nations (Counting newly created nations only) in the last fortnight which is phenomenal. This is why their membership numbers are not decreasing. I wonder if anyone else is recruiting

Yes, it seems both the recruitment and tech corps of the NPO are as strong as ever. With war as the hammer, and Lady Pacifica's resolve as the anvil. Forged ever more powerfully, moving ever onwards!

What? You'd prefer if I tracked him down to his home address to tell him his topic sucks? Maybe I can take the middle road and send a postcard?

I'd track you down to give you a high five if you posted a video of yourself doing that.

That's right I called YOU are troll.

Calling people trolls is not good for your warn level. (Even if you do it in a grammatically correct fashion, which you didn't )):.)

Everyone please remember that trolling is a moderation issue, and posts like this are therefore inappropriate discussion of moderation issues. (They are also OOC, which is an extra rule broken in the subforums, although not here.) If you believe a user or a post to be trolling, please report it in Report Forum Abuse or PM a moderator.

Calling another user a troll, or insinuating that they are, will likely earn you a warning, as we have been applying this rule for a long time now.