An official NATO Announcement

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, so with one move alliance changes from "LOL NATO" to "you are an honorable alliance" :P

you'd be surprised how quickly opinions change in this game

Best of luck NATO, I know you won't be needing it though :wub:

Opinions don't usually change much, unless there's a particular event that causes it to happen, but the public expression of those opinions certainly can. The truth is that Continuum has been, almost from its beginning, a political treaty for the mutual security and power projection interests of the signatories, who never really had that much in common in the first place. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that, but it means that when it no longer provides security or a power base, there isn't any reason to stay.

I'd expect to see the bloc pretty much completely evaporate by the time this is over, because it is no longer able to perform the job it has been doing for the last twelve months.

Opinions don't usually change much, unless there's a particular event that causes it to happen, but the public expression of those opinions certainly can. The truth is that Continuum has been, almost from its beginning, a political treaty for the mutual security and power projection interests of the signatories, who never really had that much in common in the first place. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that, but it means that when it no longer provides security or a power base, there isn't any reason to stay.

I'd expect to see the bloc pretty much completely evaporate by the time this is over, because it is no longer able to perform the job it has been doing for the last twelve months.

And they said that Q would be nothing like WUT and would never break. Lets just hope that if any blocs arise in the future, they are based on friendship and trust (like the Citadel and SF blocs) and not for the sole purpose of power.

Heh, so with one move alliance changes from "LOL NATO" to "you are an honorable alliance" :P

Fun to see what you will do next. Good luck.

Several moves but yeah, that fits what I've been seeing. My apologies to NATO for being able to remember the past year and a half. Good luck.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

Glad that you feel all that happened in the past year was fun. I'll keep that in mind.

I think maybe you are reading into that Trace. Being a part of anything in my opinion is fun. While I concede some things should have been handled differently, I will not feel bitter because this bloc has given me many good times amongst allies. I am sure you can say the same about any other bloc.

I know that some will read into everything, miscontrue words, and what have you to advance whatever notion it is that you wish to advance. By all means go ahead. I know what I meant, and I am happy with that. If you wish to be bitter for years, that is your choice, and I respect that.