The War of the Coalition and You

Jack Diorno

The War of the Coalition and You

As seen on Jack Diorno's blog!

I was strolling through the Grand Athenian Lyceum this very morning, when I heard a young Athenian exclaiming to his fellow citizen that this ‘Karma war’ is the very just retribution that Pacifica deserves after the fetid despoliation they executed upon Athens during the War of the Coalition.

“Why young man, why young man, are you a heretical demon child, envisioned by Vladmir the Nonsensical and then spawned forth from the very bowels of Francograd itself?” I inquired with bewildered lips. The child seemed as befuddled as I, and was unable to make a response to my inquiry.

I enjoy the sound of my own voice, and the silence was ever so arduous in the young man’s gaze, so I continued to prattle on; “Young chap, beg my impromptu accusation and cries of treason on this magnificent morning, but in my very psyche I am unable to halt the spontaneous insinuation that you recently surmised Athens essentially lost the War of the Coalition.”, the young man took a step backward and for a moment I was completely lost in the satisfaction of my own articulation.

Deplorably, in my moment of self contentment, the young offspring of Athens did so manage to make a run for it and escaped though an egress that was in woefully close proximity. I contemplated with my inner persona and inquired as to how I could ensure all Athenians could discern the truth behind Athens' great triumph during the War of the Coalition.

Suddenly, the answer became known to me. I gazed skyward in an immensely gratifying hero’s pose - I would author a wondrous essay upon the subject.

A Crisis of Memory

After nearly 7 months it seems that this one war remains the most intriguing of them all. For the Hegemony conglomerate and their younger brood of mindless vassals, it was the glimmer of hope that Athens isn't invincible, while for Athens and the heroic Complaints and Grievances Union; it is the moment when they faced down the Pacifican menace and came out triumphant.

The accepted result of this war seems to move in circles. Immediately after the War of the Coalition, the Complaints and Grievances union (with Athens an integral part of this Union), was mandated to forfeit great masses of technology and wealth to the Hegemony and to Pacifica itself. While these payments ensured that the greater population of the Cyberverse believed that Athens had lost, it would later become accepted by the Cyberverse that Athens had forced a stalemate upon Pacifica; some even now accept that Athens won the War of the Coalition.

Today I will set straight the events of the War of the Coalition, and allow the Cyberverse to unify on the sole conclusion that Athens has not lost a war in her entire glorious history. Through the worst odds that Athens would face, when the entire Cyberverse was bearing down upon us, unleashing every weapon they could possibly muster to segregate and obliterate us, always with a pit bull of inevitable destruction spewing forth rabid saliva upon our guarding limbs; Athens prevailed!

The War

It is important first of all to give some context leading up to the war. At that time in the Cyberverse, the Hegemony was the Orders, with their mindless allies such as IRON, GGA, Valhalla, the Phoenix Federation and others which made up the faceless bulk of strength in the world. They aimed for a conglomerate blob of a Cyberverse, where Pacifican globalization had ravaged every Alliance into being a mindless automaton. These alliances lost all personality and merely became incorporated into the great unthinking mass of the Hegemony, in return they received protection and their leaders were relieved they no longer had to think for themselves, and as a bonus they had a small sense of power in the world.

The few alliances of the world that chose to retain their own sense of self-identity, with Athens at the forefront, were seen as unruly troublemakers by this Hegemony conglomerate. Pacifica wanted them to be destroyed, and all personality and lulz to be forever repressed in the Cyberverse for all time. Athens had predicted this threat of destruction at the hands of the Hegemony many months ahead of the war of the Coalition, but knew she was too feeble to rally a substantial force to defend against the mindless hordes of the hegemony.

We can therefore see the context before the war had begun; the hegemony was an insuperable unsightly Goliath that sought to thump its behemoth hammer against something delicate and attractive.

Luckily, Athens is forever a step ahead of her adversaries, and realized the chink that existed in the Pacifica armor. As the brace Athenians wondered what would become of them if the monstrous Goliath should land that hammer upon them, Londo Mollari himself, the all mighty bold valiant leader to all Athenians, gave hope to all who graced the Cyberverse as an Athenian. “Athenians! I have mused and deliberated deeply into the nature of darkness and Pacifica herself, I have sought and found the Achilles heel of Pacifica!” On that one glorious day, all Athenians did so lift their fists to the sky in a show of defiance to the preponderance of Pacifica and their love of Londo the Llama. Londo Mollari continued with his speech, “it will take a great battle against Pacifica to bring down the Hegemony and allow a peaceful existence for all Athenians, the Cyberverse may say we even lost this terrible fight, but sadly it Is a necessary struggle we must undertake to exploit the Achilles heel of Pacifica. Soon after they will realize we won the battle, for the failing of Pacifica is her morality and ethics. If we stand strong when we are facing unprecedented odds, then those that wish to stand against the Hegemony will eventually be greatly inspired by us, and they will take up arms against Pacifica!”

That day, all Athenians agreed the only way to win against Pacifica was to rally in defiance of them on the field of war regardless of the odds, to inspire the masses to turn against the tyrannical rule of the Hegemony.

Who won?

What is it to win a war? To win a war, is to triumph over the nemesis, to overcome your enemy. During the War of the Coalition, Athens triumphed unfaltering over Pacifica.

Athens, although bruised and bloodied by the war, showed the Cyberverse that she cherished her friends and allies, the Cyberverse realized that Athens, although small and feeble, would stand next to her allies through to certain death. Athens was again forced to pay a ludicrous amount of technology and wealth to the Hegemony, and the Cyberverse finally realized the hideousness of Pacifica. In a few months the Karma war would erupt and Pacifica would be eaten from the ankles up by the entire Cyberverse, the Hegemony would crumble in cowardice and fear of the virtue of Athens.

Athens exploited the Achilles heel of Pacifica, and although Athens lost more Infrastructure and suffered greater statistical damage, Athens achieved her goal of bringing down the Hegemony by uniting the Cyberverse against Pacifica.

Athens stood against Pacifica and the Hegemony lost her grip on the world.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NoCB war was fought to maintain Pacifican dominance over the Cyberverse against the fabricated Polar threat. Seeing as how the way the war was prosecuted and the inept handling of the peace united everyone, even members of the meatshield, against them, that war more than anything began the erosion of Pacifican power and sowed the seeds of Karma. Satire aside, Pacifican power quickly fell apart because of that war, and Vox's continued lampooning. When Karma pushed up against it, it was suddenly found to be hollow.

ATHENS PREVAILS!

o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/

The NoCB war was fought to maintain Pacifican dominance over the Cyberverse against the fabricated Polar threat. Seeing as how the way the war was prosecuted and the inept handling of the peace united everyone, even members of the meatshield, against them, that war more than anything began the erosion of Pacifican power and sowed the seeds of Karma. Satire aside, Pacifican power quickly fell apart because of that war, and Vox's continued lampooning. When Karma pushed up against it, it was suddenly found to be hollow.

Yeah, this is a satire piece but there is a grain of truth to it - the hegemony overplayed it's hand in trying to crush all the "dissenting" alliances it felt it feasibly could all at once, and once they were done, NPO kind of hit the "off" switch on their PR machine, I guess out of an expectation that there was nothing to fight against any more. But by subjecting so many alliances at once to a curbstomping (already a contentious issue previously) they magnified the outcry against them, and the harsh peaces and dubious casus bellis probably made a lot of the alliances in the hegemony now on the Karma side ask themselves why they were supporting that stuff, and act accordingly down the road.

Yeah, this is a satire piece but there is a grain of truth to it - the hegemony overplayed it's hand in trying to crush all the "dissenting" alliances it felt it feasibly could all at once, and once they were done, NPO kind of hit the "off" switch on their PR machine, I guess out of an expectation that there was nothing to fight against any more. But by subjecting so many alliances at once to a curbstomping (already a contentious issue previously) they magnified the outcry against them, and the harsh peaces and dubious casus bellis probably made a lot of the alliances in the hegemony now on the Karma side ask themselves why they were supporting that stuff, and act accordingly down the road.

Exactly like Athens planned. Exactly like Athens planned....

Why have you made this post less epic by only selectively posting the list of few ebil hegemonic monsters that faced your side? My freind, why so humble?

Ladies and gentlemen, obviously our freind here is a bit shy of the great achievement...Here is actually the entire list of all the Hegemonic monsters that were stacked against C&G and friends:

The Continuum

NPO ₦

Valhalla ‡

Sparta

MCXA ₦

IRON ₦ £

TPF §

One Vision

GGA

Echelon

The SuperFriends

Ragnarok ~

Fark †

GOD

RIA

The Trident

MHA*

NATO*

Overlord's Protectorate Pact

TP

VA

SSSW18

64Digits

FUC

SDI

IRAN

Poseidon

UPN #

Invicta #

Elysium

OMFG

M*A*S*H

Pegasus

BAPS

Tempest

DM-FA

TLE

Nebula-X

League of Extraordinary Oranges

FOK ‖

R&R ¶

CMEA

ISSF

MOON

Orange Unity Treaty

TORN

ODN

OPA

Power Rangers

IPA

TCB

CPCN ¥

Common Defense Treaty

UCN

FEAR

Citadel

Umbrella

Old Guard ©

TOP £ ©

Grämlins ©

DefCon

Poison Clan

Pyramid

Ordo Recolitus

Molon Labe

Andromeda

MA

ACV

TGE

VE

ROCK

NEW

TTK

FFC

SRPN

KoC

BAM!

EQ

Element €

TRF

TFF

PG-13

Facing such odds and surviving, just makes our resolve stronger that even when the odds are stacked against you, there is always a way out, through thick or thin terms..

o\ Athens.

Edited by shahenshah

Why have you made this post less epic by only selectively posting the list of few ebil hegemonic monsters that faced your side? My freind, why so humble?

Ladies and gentlemen, obviously our freind here is a bit shy of the great achievement...Here is actually the entire list of all the Hegemonic monsters that were stacked against C&G and friends:

[a lot of alliances]

Wow, a lot of alliances in that list. I am nearly twice as fervent and proud to be called an Athenian after our glorious victory now.

Facing such odds and surviving, just makes our resolve stronger that even when the odds are stacked against you, there is always a way out, through thick or thin terms..

o\ Athens.

Athens faced very thick terms, I am wondering how well the "what goes around, comes around", motto of Karma will do about it. Either way, lines are forever drawn, I look forward to future hostilities. You must remember though, Athens is always one step ahead.

Wow, a lot of alliances in that list. I am nearly twice as fervent and proud to be called an Athenian after our glorious victory now.

Athens faced very thick terms, I am wondering how well the "what goes around, comes around", motto of Karma will do about it. Either way, lines are forever drawn, I look forward to future hostilities. You must remember though, Athens is always one step ahead.

well yeaaa, uhm you see there is bit of a problem, most if not significant members on that opposition list are in Karma now. :blush: but its okay, its cool, its chill, we're here, Coward Coalition is here! We aint runnin away the 2nd time :awesome: we're well and kicking to take the blame for all the harsh terms ever given to C&G, NpO etc. by //Past Tense// Hegemony et al //Past Tense// :v:

So no worries their Jack, we've got your back :jihad:

obligatory \o/ Athens B)

If you think anyone but Pacifica was responsible for the overly harsh terms given to CnG then you werent in the negotiations and you are terribly mistaken. They even stepped in and prevented those alliances who wanted to give MK white peace from doing so.

well yeaaa, uhm you see there is bit of a problem, most if not significant members on that opposition list are in Karma now. :blush: but its okay, its cool, its chill, we're here, Coward Coalition is here! We aint runnin away the 2nd time :awesome: we're well and kicking to take the blame for all the harsh terms ever given to C&G, NpO etc. by //Past Tense// Hegemony et al //Past Tense// :v:

So no worries their Jack, we've got your back :jihad:

obligatory \o/ Athens B)

Thank god. The world is surely safe now that shahenshah is here to help.

If you think anyone but Pacifica was responsible for the overly harsh terms given to CnG then you werent in the negotiations and you are terribly mistaken. They even stepped in and prevented those alliances who wanted to give MK white peace from doing so.

My apologies if there has been any misinterpretation. I would just like to clarify that MK had agreed to peace terms with the New Pacific Order, the Viridian Entente, Molon Labe, and Echelon.

For specific terms for alliances involved, I can only request people to visit Wikia and see who all was responsible for what all reps. This way I am sure any misunderstandings related to Pacifia's responsibilities can be cleared. [robotic voice] "They are the source of all ebil" [/robotic voice]

---

Compulsory and necessary \o/ to Athens.

Edited by shahenshah