FEAR Elections and Charter Revisions

First things first. As many of you may remember, FEAR's first charter was long. Not just normally long, but really long. In the way charters go, it was like an encyclopedia set. Our second charter resembled something of a step forward: half the size and as a result it earned itself the ranking of a sole dictionary. Now we are in the third iteration of our Charter and one will notice something neat about it...it fits on about one screen! It is the cliff note of our charters one might say :P In the end, we have opted to change our government structure and this new charter represents a more consolidated and liberal version compared to previous charters.

Charter of the Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics

Article I: Admission

1.1) Applicants must meet the requirements established by the Grand Chancellor

1.2) Applicants are afforded the full protection of FEAR once applied until accepted or denied

1.3) FEAR shall exist as a White Team Alliance

Article II: Government Structure

Section I: Order of Governance

1.1) FEAR shall be governed through a Chancellery that is elected

1.1.1) Elections are held whenever a Chancellery position is open

1.1.2) The Elite Assembly has the right to remove a Chancellery following a two day discussion and a 65% vote

1.2) The Elite Assembly shall be FEAR's Supreme Legislative Body

Section II: The Chancellery

2.1) FEAR shall be governed by an External, Internal, and Grand Chancellor

2.1.1) External shall govern Foreign Affairs Matters

2.1.2) Internal shall govern Finances and Education Matters

2.1.3) Grand Chancellor shall govern Recruitment and Military Matters

2.2) Directors will be appointed by the Chancellery and approved by the Elite Assembly

Section III: Directors

3.1) Directors shall be appointed by the Chancellery and approved by the Elite Assembly

3.2) Director positions are created as required

3.3) Directors may appoint an Assistant Director to assist them in their duties

Section IV: The Elite Assembly

4.1) The EA shall vote on all matters, including treaties, war, and Directorate appointments

4.2) The EA may remove any officials by two-day discussion and a two-day 65% removal vote

4.2.1) To bring his motion forward the EA must form a 5 Assembler coalition

Section V: Companions and Fearlings

5.1) Shall enjoy the rights of the Fellowship

5.2) Shall strive to build the Fellowship at all costs

5.3) Shall support the Fellowship in her endeavors

5.4) Companions have the right to vote in Chancellery elections

Article III: Warfare

1.1) A DoW that is not treaty related must be approved by 2/3 of the Chancellery and 65% of the Elite Assembly

1.2) All war/combat operations must be approved by the Chancellery or appropriate Director including raids and individual wars

1.3) Nuclear weapons are barred from use unless the Chancellery unanimously agrees to their usage

Article IV: Amendments

1.1) Any amendment must be approved by 65% of the Elite Assembly

Now that the nitty gritty is out of the way, it is time to announce FEAR's new government.

External Chancellor is a face you all know and love: ClashCityRocker

Internal Chancellor is a face some of you know who was last seen as a Vice-Chancellor: Schmutte693

Grand Chancellor is an old face in FEAR and one who you might know from way back in your old days, but he's still here: Canik

Various other government roles are to be filled as time goes on (supporting Directors, military personnel, etc.) but they will be listed on FEAR's website.

It has been a pleasure to serve FEAR, and with this announcement I take my well earned pseudo-retirement into a TBD Director position ^_^

o/ FEAR

first!

EDIT: Also, I shall rule FEAR with an Iron Fist! Unlike that hippy Lord Boris when he was Chancellor. :)

Man, that Lord Boris dude was super lame. I don't why he was elected in the first place. :P

A big Congratz to my friends in FEAR. I'll always :wub: you.

Article III: Warfare

1.1) A DoW that is not treaty related must be approved by 2/3 of the Chancellery and 65% of the Elite Assembly

1.2) All war/combat operations must be approved by the Chancellery or appropriate Director including raids and individual wars

1.3) Nuclear weapons are barred from use unless the Chancellery unanimously agrees to their usage

Needs some work, but I assume that'll go out the window eventually.

first!

EDIT: Also, I shall rule FEAR with an Iron Fist! Unlike that hippy Lord Boris when he was Chancellor. :)

Don't fool yourself, Canik. You know I still secretly control you :awesome:

EDIT: Congrats on the new gov. When I first heard about the new structure, I was very happy to hear it, as I feel it will lead to a much more efficient FEAR.

Also, I sincerely apologize for my verbose and overly-long charters I had given you to work with previously :P

Edited by Lord Boris

Also, I sincerely apologize for my verbose and overly-long charters I had given you to work with previously :P

I'd apologize for my long-winded "How-to" pamphlets, but no one seems to have read them anyway. Most of the information was and still is solid. Oh well.

I like this new FEAR setup.

And Canik, if you need any iron fists or orange cake I probably have some lying around. ;)

I do not know how I missed this... but I did :(

Turetel, you know you won't go into a real retirement, so quit pretending.

And, I definitely feel like this pared down version of the government will end with a lot more efficiency and some great ideas.

o/ FEAR