Echelon Announcement

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not the smartest thing to do by taking a misfired shot at VE. We are having a blast fighting the various giants of CN and are doing well by anyone's standards. All you have done is to bring attention to yourselves and some in your alliance may end up regretting that you posted your silly newsletter. The best way to stop a dachshund from pulling at your pant leg is to step on it. Guess who is the wiener dog and who's wearing the steel toed boots in this conflict?

I will say though, the photo of the old guy is funny and as one of Viridia's older members, I laughed when I saw it.

As for the sexual innuendos with the "balls" and such, you're doing it all wrong. It's funny when that kind of joke is made against another male. When it's made against a female, you expose yourself for what you are - someone who doesn't understand women and if I had to guess, probably could only manage a squeaky, nervous "hello" while wiping the excessive moisture from your hairy palms onto your corduroys if a woman were to mistakingly look your way.

Is everyone in Karma !@#$% whipped or what?

Might as well have just called yourselves Operation Panty Shield.

And another fine example of a ladies man.

Probably not the smartest thing to do by taking a misfired shot at VE. We are having a blast fighting the various giants of CN and are doing well by anyone's standards. All you have done is to bring attention to yourselves and some in your alliance may end up regretting that you posted your silly newsletter. The best way to stop a dachshund from pulling at your pant leg is to step on it. Guess who is the wiener dog and who's wearing the steel toed boots in this conflict?

I will say though, the photo of the old guy is funny and as one of Viridia's older members, I laughed when I saw it.

As for the sexual innuendos with the "balls" and such, you're doing it all wrong. It's funny when that kind of joke is made against another male. When it's made against a female, you expose yourself for what you are - someone who doesn't understand women and if I had to guess, probably could only manage a squeaky, nervous "hello" while wiping the excessive moisture from your hairy palms onto your corduroys if a woman were to mistakingly look your way.

And another fine example of a ladies man.

I think you're a bit confused mate.... this CN, not some cyber-dating website.

Anyone who thinks that CN is a place for chivalry and/or pleasantries has obviously not managed to grasp the general gist of the game yet. Especially when we consider some of the other jibes which have been thrown around the forums in the past few weeks. :blink:

I think you're a bit confused mate.... this CN, not some cyber-dating website.

Anyone who thinks that CN is a place for chivalry and/or pleasantries has obviously not managed to grasp the general gist of the game yet. Especially when we consider some of the other jibes which have been thrown around the forums in the past few weeks. :blink:

On the contrary I think most people do understand the dynamics of the game and alliance politics on the OWF. Just as it may be in the spirit of a joke, people are entitled to think its not funny. your logic above supports that assertion rather well.

Since we can agree on the sentiment of it being CN and not some cyber-dating website im sure there wont be any bawing later on when the incident is referred to at the end of the war when its all said and done?

After all

this CN, not some cyber-dating website.

Should be intresting, im sure a lot of people will be watching. ;)

The fact that Karma members are trying to still claim higher ground is so funny. Have you guys seen some of the stuff your side is spewing.

I'm glad to see that MA will destroy Echelon and resort to what they were suposidly fighting against. You guys are hypocrates of the worst kind, the self rightous kind.

A giant soccer ball crushing a building is inappropriate, but there's a thread in another subforum here where people are supposed to be eating the leader of the NPO, and that's perfectly fine? Questionable propaganda only applies to certain people, eh?

Since we can agree on the sentiment of it being CN and not some cyber-dating website im sure there wont be any bawing later on when the incident is referred to at the end of the war when its all said and done?

You think this will be the stand out incident which people will be talking about when the war is over? :rolleyes:

The word 'hypocritical' might be useful if that's going to be the case.....

You think this will be the stand out incident which people will be talking about when the war is over? :rolleyes:

The word 'hypocritical' might be useful if that's going to be the case.....

Of course not, however when the war does end I suspect that it will be a stand out incident when echelon gives or gets peace, as it should be it will be a very valid point of contention for those involved in war with echelon. For the larger conflict it will likely be a footnote, dependant on the bawing that happens which Im sure wont be hypocritical given the tone in this thread.

I mean its not a cyber dating site its CN, im sure no one will have a problem with this -joke- being referred back too. ;)

as it should be it will be a very valid point of contention for those involved in war with echelon

Yeah, I can picture that. MA crying bloody murder because they were mocked on the internet in a morale boosting thread. Get over it, it'll have no impact in the end.

Yeah, I can picture that. MA crying bloody murder because they were mocked on the internet in a morale boosting thread. Get over it, it'll have no impact in the end.

Making absolute statements like "it'll have no impact in the end" is often the catalyst for one looking foolish, particularly since it would require the ability to predict the future with absolute accuracy. Anyway its not my battle, thanks for the entertainment though, I enjoyed this thread immensely.

Good luck to my old alliance mates at MA!

Hi Kait ! :D

While the humor level may be a matter of personal taste the content was still wholly inappropriate as such the image has been removed.

It took you 48 hours to realize that a picture in the first post of a thread was violating forum rules? Oh wait, you didn't even remove it, because it violated the rules, you were just offended by it. Weak moderators are weak. -.-

Edited by Death666Angel

A giant soccer ball crushing a building is inappropriate, but there's a thread in another subforum here where people are supposed to be eating the leader of the NPO, and that's perfectly fine? Questionable propaganda only applies to certain people, eh?
It took you 48 hours to realize that a picture in the first post of a thread was violating forum rules? Oh wait, you didn't even remove it, because it violated the rules, you were just offended by it. Weak moderators are weak. -.-

You seem to think that my post made it open to discussion, it is not. Believe it or not it sometimes takes us a little while to read every thread on this forum, and you both know as well as I what the bit about KaitlinK getting hit in the mouth was alluding to and that offensive content is in fact against the rules.

Leetopia warned for claims of mod bias.

Death666angel warned for mod sass.

Have a nice day.

You might as well close this thread as you destroyed its purpose and by letting it continue only invite criticism of your judgement.

Didn't realize that the picture was the entire focus of the announcement, but ok. :P

Firstly, I see way more non-MA members upset about the topic than anyone else. Secondly, your members get a morale boost over balls? That's umm.... interesting

Firstly, I see way more non-MA members upset about the topic than anyone else. Secondly, your members get a morale boost over balls? That's umm.... interesting

Of course we get a morale boost over balls...Seriously whats everyone say when you declare in the face of adversity? They say that takes balls don't they. At this point we feel the more balls we have the better we will do. (especially if they are that size).

EDITED:got myself caught in the baiting thing thought better of it

Edited by AeonCin

Yeah, people running around white knighting. Then I get warned for posting a picture of a white knight.

Rofl

Ouch! Curse those hidden funsuckers!! *Raises and shakes cn-fist, then realizes that anyone can read this post* Ummm, I mean such delightful and wonderful nation rulers we have here!!

Of course we get a morale boost over balls...Seriously whats everyone say when you declare in the face of adversity? They say that takes balls don't they. At this point we feel the more balls we have the better we will do. (especially if they are that size).

EDITED:got myself caught in the baiting thing thought better of it

Excellent retort, sir. Good call on the baiting unless it was directed at me (I can imagine how tempting it must be for Echelon members not to bait at this point).

DeathAngel is right. I don't think this will get back on topic, and it's better not to try and poke some fun in this environment. I may not know much, but kicking an enemy when they're down is something I'll try not to do in the future.

Guys, I'm all for a good RP, especially revolving around MA, however take it from someone who has done this, it will not bode well for you, I'm not talking about the war either, I'll let you guys fill in the blanks.

I have nothing against either alliance or the characters involved, I'm just giving a heads up of what may come from The Gods themselves.

Edit spelling

Edited by Freelancer

Yeah, gotta be careful, not all moderator actions are created equal.

Yes they are and now you get to have the same punishment as the last person who claimed Mod bias in this thread. For those that are unaware that is a 40% warn increase and a 48 hour suspension.

Again have a nice day.

Also this thread is staying open since it is an announcment regarding foreign embassies and the removal of that image does not change that.