Echelon Announcement

QUOTE (CptGodzilla @ Apr 26 2009, 12:35 AM) *

If you want a little insight as to that. Multiple people (and alliances for that matter) wanted her to destroy you guys (me included) yet she showed mercy in allowing you to form your alliance and live in peace.

To reiterate, she could have had each one of you attacked (and us remaining members would have been glad to) as you left the AA

With the military MA had, I would have been highly surprised if you had managed to anarchy any single one of us, let alone pull off a succesfull attack.

as the Zilla said, "and alliances for that matter", I can assure you they would have had plenty of help

edit:forgot a word

Edited by Blanstonia

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...you do know that VE is far larger and far more engaged then you yet we have only lost around 400k NS and you have lost around 700k NS right? Also you have a whopping 16 wars on VE....

Yea.... :blink:

I would just like to say that Echelon had quite a few high-NS nations desert us just after we declared war. Former MAD members. They account for several thousand NS I believe. :)

And someone 96k NS plus please declare on me this update :). Getting the feeling that you guys don't like me much :D.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54956

It's not just one guy either. It's several guys, all in all just shy of 10 deserters. That accounts for well over 250,000 NS. I'd say we lost 300,000 NS from our non wartime standings. That's non wartime standings not counting all the nations in peace mode without an army.

It's not just one guy either. It's several guys, all in all just shy of 10 deserters. That accounts for well over 250,000 NS. I'd say we lost 300,000 NS from our non wartime standings. That's non wartime standings not counting all the nations in peace mode without an army.

When those guys come out of PM can you please tell them to fill my defensive slots and actually fight (as opposed to the two Echelon guys who I am fighting now who keep paying their bills but cant be bothered to even shoot a CM). That would be great.

Edited by KingSrqt

VE's been hit hard?

Why didn't anyone tell me!

(Sarcasm aside, I am in VE, have six wars going and winning them all)

And we don't have 8 year old girls and 90 year old men, we knew the storm was coming, so we sent them all to GPA instead :P

(Clarification: we sent all out people that didn't want to fight to GPA)

Edited by Ilya Murometz

...I remember the last person who made her angry. It didn't end well for them.

Looking at her war screen, looks like two of the people who made her angry in the past ended up declaring on her. So I guess the opposite could be said...the last person who made her angry, it didn't end well for her?

anyways, good article 1&3 Echelon, article 2 not so much.

Still, the fact stands that your 61 members who are not in peace mode, nearly all of which who are in anarchy, have taken roughly the same amount of damage that Virdia has in our ~300 offensive wars and ~300 defensive wars. This stat either reflects really good on VE or really bad on Echelon, but in both situations I'm pretty confidant that we aren't the old men holding the guns ;)

It appears that you went to the same "I said it in the OP so it must be true" class as TheBigBad. Heres the thing about propoganda, there has to be some element of truth in it or else it serves no purpose except to give your own members a flase pat on the back at a time that being realistic is impartitive. You take a crude shot at the leader of an alliance who is also outperforming you (70 wars and 10 nations in anarchy), and a jab at an alliance who you are barely engaged with and whos military preformance you cant even hold a candel too...just to make your members feel better? Personally though, I care little about your pictures because the more dilusional your members are the better it is for me...but I'm interested to know if you actually think the sentiments they express are true.

At the very least, its a cool picture right?

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Still, the fact stands that your 61 members who are not in peace mode, nearly all of which who are in anarchy, have taken roughly the same amount of damage that Virdia has in our ~300 offensive wars and ~300 defensive wars. This stat either reflects really good on VE or really bad on Echelon, but in both situations I'm pretty confidant that we aren't the old men holding the guns ;)

It appears that you went to the same "I said it in the OP so it must be true" class as TheBigBad. Heres the thing about propoganda, there has to be some element of truth in it or else it serves no purpose except to give your own members a flase pat on the back at a time that being realistic is impartitive. You take a crude shot at the leader of an alliance who is also outperforming you (70 wars and 10 nations in anarchy), and a jab at an alliance who you are barely engaged with and whos military preformance you cant even hold a candel too...just to make your members feel better? Personally though, I care little about your pictures because the more dilusional your members are the better it is for me...but I'm interested to know if you actually think the sentiments they express are true.

At the very least, its a cool picture right?

Well it's to be expected when you declare war on everyone, let's be fair.

What you didn't know are that my 8 year olds are actually genetically grown super soldiers and have average life spans of 800 years.

Woops! Enjoy fighting this guy:

chaos-space-marine-vignette.jpg

PS: He hasn't had sex in like 2 months because of all the drills. He's kinda pissed off :(

PSS: He is riding in his new toy, courtesy WRC

wh40k-battle-tank-500x361.jpg

Edited by Lord GVChamp

Exceptionally disrespectful and wrong. A problematic misrepresentation of the truth.

Generally propaganda contains a certain element of humility and truth. This contains neither.

Ehhhhhh I'd have to disagree. Propganda, although it MAY contain truth, typically does not. And as for humility? This IS CN afterall...

Propaganda (prŏp'ə-gān'də) - noun

Official government communications to the public that are designed to influence opinion. The information may be true or false, but it is always carefully selected for its political effect.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition

:Edit: Also, come on this WAS lulzy :lol:

Edited by Augusta Antonia

Element of truth. Means a bit of truth. Means your propaganda is slightly believable and not just disrespectful trolling.

Shhh, it's hilarious if that make asses of themselves before the realization hits! This way, I get more entertainment value out of surrenders.

Element of truth. Means a bit of truth. Means your propaganda is slightly believable and not just disrespectful trolling.

Because apparently you missed this part of the post:

"Propaganda (prŏp'ə-gān'də) - noun

Official government communications to the public that are designed to influence opinion. The information may be true or false, but it is always carefully selected for its political effect.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition"

If it's false then umm, nah, it doesn't have to be at all believable. Propaganda is meant to irritate and possibly anger the target of the propaganda and/or those who support said target. From some of the reactions to this thread I'd say Echelon has done a fine job...

B)

I knew it wasn't believable, it's just tacky and low class like I said before. Whether Kait thinks its funny is her business. I personally think the OP should get warned for it. I've been warned for a lot less.

As for whether I should lighten up, yeah well when you show some class, maybe I'll do that. ;)

Edited by Regent of Omerta