Trashcat's Corner: !@#$ Just Got Real

Oh no not our precious memories of an alliance who decided to kill themselves after successfully driving most of their membership away with purposefully reckless leadership decisions. God forbid a new alliance attempt to rebuild what they threw away. The only people truly responsible for the death of the old CNGOONS is the leadership who grew tired of the game and instead of handing the alliance down to a new generation of leaders, ran it into the ground. Sponge and ~ may have been the agents but the fault still lies with the ones who turned their backs on the game at large. To defend them is to defend those who despise this world and all the people in it. Besides, memories are only that. We will prove ourselves in time, despite what you and many other detractors say.

I am thankful you avoided responding in Haiku.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good piece.

My only beef is this part;

"I have never felt bad for NPO in my entire CN career until last night. They have wronged me so many times, but not even they deserve this. No one deserves this level of betrayal. This is not how a king dies."

Well... I like the poetic sentiments. But the initial betrayal of NPO's allies is indicative of how poor their public relations are.

Oh no not our precious memories of an alliance who decided to kill themselves after successfully driving most of their membership away with purposefully reckless leadership decisions. God forbid a new alliance attempt to rebuild what they threw away. The only people truly responsible for the death of the old CNGOONS are the leadership who grew tired of the game and instead of handing the alliance down to a new generation of leaders, ran it into the ground. Sponge and ~ may have been the agents but the fault still lies with the ones who turned their backs on the game at large. To defend them is to defend those who despise this world and all the people in it. Besides, memories are only that. We will prove ourselves in time, despite what you and many other detractors say.

As the I've got my eyes on you implies, Im waiting for you to prove yourselves with time.

As the I've got my eyes on you implies, Im waiting for you to prove yourselves with time.

Well thank you for the consideration, and for the record I can see perfectly well why people would see our protectorate from NPO and NpO as a betrayal. But it's really much more complicated than that.

Edited by Sardonic

What do they have to prove?

I don't like them, I think they are a sham, and Im not saying they HAVE to, but I said for me to like them Im waiting to see what they are made of. I think that holds true for EVERY alliance in this game as well as EVERY opinion ever made. Im waiting to see them work before I judge them completely.

I would like to take issue with the assessmenty of MHA picking which treaties to honor. We are observing our treaty with NPO, which by definition (as an MDoAP) makes co-aggression optional. We see all the repurcussions of the agressive war on OV as direct consequences of that agression, and thus we are completely free within the bounds of the treaty to not particate in auxilliary wars originating out of the original aggression. Many are saying that additionally, since NPO did not honor our MDoAP with us by notifying us of their planned attack, the entire treaty is null and void anyway, but the MHA has not gone that far. In fact, by honoring the non-optional portions of our MDoAP and fighting NPO bandwagoners I feel we are doing a great deal more honor to our treaties than many other alliances.

But all in all a fun read. I have come to look forward to your posts stumpy.

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

Edited by Doc Taco

Very interesting read, good to keep for the records, it is somewhat bias i must say, but hell, better have a bias version than no version :P

It wouldn't be a Vanguard/Stumpy Publication if it wasn't massively biased. I never claimed otherwise.