My question of the day

Canehda

My question;

After the war is over, and karma has won, should karma extort NPO like they have done to many other alliances.

So far I've heard answers like;

"karma is when you do something bad something bad happens to you so in defense of the name, Karma should screw them over with ridiculous terms"

"NPO should be extorted for this war plus ramifications from other wars"

"They probably could get away with it, but I don't think NPO would pay"

"That's not a statement to be made until due process and the war is actually won."

and on CN radio when I asked this question; the response was that;

"I don't believe that's what karma stands for"

Also on the #CN-radio channel;

"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

answers have been altered slighty to remove profanity, and other reasons

Edited by Canehda

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question of the day? So there will be more of these?

Anyway, I do not think NPO should be let off the hook like they were in GWI. Harsh surrender terms should be enforced when the war is over.

I don't speak for Karma, but that's what I think anyway.

Edited by Bleh32

I speak for myself when I say:

No disbandment

and

No Viceroy

People should take their time with terms to be honest.

I agree with Ejayrazz.

No viceroy and definitely no disbandment(NPO brings a lot to the game), preferably white peace after enough destruction to let them regrow.

My question;

After the war is over, and karma has won, should karma extort NPO like they have done to many other alliances.

kar·ma

Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.

Source:http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=karma

One would think based on that definition that if a concensus was reached as to the "total effect" of NPO's actions during thier existence one could extract a logical conclusion. If we look about planet bob today its a farily easy conclusion to obtain.

The cancellations might have garnished some empathy for thier current situation (not much by my estimation), but its still early in the process. Stay tuned

Edited by Thorgrum

They should, to keep from another GW1 incident, but they won't. I think one of the terms should be making NPO admit they lost GW1 though :P

Agreed. Maybe relinquish control of Red and have restrictions on their treating abilities

Edit: but I agree with the OP's quotes. Extorting or any incredibly harsh terms would not change Bob for the good, and isn't that what Karma is supposed to be doing?

Edited by Defiant

This will never happen, but if I were to be the one setting terms I would set the following terms:

1. The NPO would not have to disband, but would have to shrink to 300 members... enough to keep their sanction.

1.1 All NPO members leaving, would have to meld into other current alliances, as to be sure they dont just create another NPO.

2. The NPO would have to pay reps to OV for their dishonesty.

3. Moo would be removed as Emperor.

4. Release of the Red Sphere.

And of course if this were a perfect world... ZI to all Imperial Officers of the NPO, as they throw around ZIs like they ruled Planet Bob.

Edited by Dark Angelus

The extremely simplified common interpretation of Karma is that NPO should have their actions visited back on them.

I don't think that would be double standards. They stole 84000 tech of Mushroom Kingdom and tied up their Slots for god knows how long, how should they not expect to be repaid and some.

Similarly to FAN, Fan deserves exceedingly high reparations.

"i say disbandment. They have abused thier position of power in the Red Sphere"

Dukes of York unless you've changed alliances recently then that's a novel idea to be broadcasting about your closest allies ally and someone that shares a PIAT with you XD

I doubt TOOL will be too happy <_<

Edited by tommattox

I would nominate relinquishing all nuclear weapons. If NPO were not allowed to own nuclear weapons, then surely no other alliance would consider engaging them with nuclear weapons in the future due to the unfair advantage, so it's not as if NPO would be at a disadvantage.

This game needs some form of nuclear treaty, just as certain real-life countries are not allowed to own nuclear weapons, and I can see the outcome of this war as the perfect moment to implement such a thing on a major CN character.

Edit: Also, the following more conventional terms are swell:

- Return of numerous prior reparations

- Freedom for the red sphere

Edited by Comrade Tiki

If I were making the terms, this is what I would pick:

-Reparations to OV

-Admitting that they lost GWI

-Destruction of the Moldavi/Revenge doctrines

-Removal of Moo as emperor

-ZI of imperial officers, as angelus said

-Total disbandment of all individual military except for the amount of troops needed to maintain order

-Shrinking the NPO enough so they will lose their sanction

-Removal of all military treaties

Edited by Bleh32

o/Bleh... at least someone agrees with me lol

lol, I agree mostly with what you said but I think they should lose their sanction. They simply don't deserve it, though I don't doubt they would get it back at the next audit.

lol, I agree mostly with what you said but I think they should lose their sanction. They simply don't deserve it, though I don't doubt they would get it back at the next audit.

First of all, we do 'deserve' our sanction. Secondly, there are no audits. It's an automatic sanction now.

TBH Lord of Destruction, NPO's opinion does not matter to me anymore.... any shred of respect the alliances had for NPO BEFORE this stunt.... that shred is gone. NPO has shown it's true colors and the will pay for their crimes... present... and past... and we will not allow these crimes to continue into the future.