My question of the day

Canehda

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to break the cycle of NPO hegemony you have to give them a taste of their own medicine. Karma involves getting what you give.

You may argue that "an eye for an eye leaves the world blind", but I will counter with the fact that --if I've already been blinded-- leaving my enemies with sight when I have the opportunity to return the favor would be a tactical mistake.

If an enemy is without mercy, they should be shown no mercy. If you do not stop them when you have an opportunity, you are an accomplice in their acts going forward.

Keep in mind I speak in general terms here, and not necessarily about the specific scenario at hand.

Those advocating viceroys should realize that Admin has banned them. Thus that cannot occur.

For what its worth, viceroys are still very doable but cannot require the transfer of ownership of an existing forum. Nothing is preventing an alliance from forcing another to register on a forum that was newly created however.

And also, lol at anyone you thinks NPO is seriously going to consider a viceroy.

Those advocating viceroys should realize that Admin has banned them. Thus that cannot occur.

I dont think he banned Viceroys so much as demanding that a Viceroy has complete control over a different alliances forums.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

Also, I would really love it if NPO won and used these surrender terms on you ;)

Hehe, what you speak of, my friend, would be called 'karma'. I know you're only targeting the overly-harsh suggestions, but I couldn't help applying that statement to the statements in my previous post:

- One alliance forbidden from nuclear ownership, to spice up CN-politics <that's cool>

- Relinquishment of absolute control over a colour sphere <already done> ;)

- Returning all of those juicy reps that NPO has dished out over the years <already done>

Edited by Comrade Tiki

Alright so lets look at this way

1. Viceroy, First off I dont think generally people would accept this within NPO and it seems quite a few people outside dont like this either.

2. Disbandment or "trimming", first off disbandment should be determined by those in power not by an outside influence. Then all of a sudden you have 900 or so people (quite possibly bitter) that they were forced from their homes. Now if they are forced to join other alliances, this game has a high enough turnover for most elected alliances someone could gain power in 6 months and go seeking revenge.

3. Reps, I understand

4. Removal of Revenge Doctrine, I see this as interesting because even when I was outside NPO I enjoyed it because it was a pact to defend anyone on the red sphere and generally that meant just flexing a little bit of muscle and saying please dont attack in the red sphere providing a safe place for anyone looking for a large trading sphere.

5. Admitting loss in GWI, Would this really be needed this is really just to stroke peoples egos. Heck I was in Legion and I had 0 to do with GWI yet I was part of a govt. that apologized for it.

It is interesting how many people wish to blame the NPO for being war mongering and "keeping the little guy down" yet I have been there for 5 months and outside of this war the only war that has happened (other than ongoing PAX and FAN) was Jarheads. I mean NPO could have destroyed GATO and Legion at really any point in the last 2 years but they are still living.

And btw I did fight FAN in GWIII and you guys were really nice and since I was not in NPO at the time I cant really comment on much other than from the outside looking in you guys are probably one of my fav alliances out there, and had not been for me not sharing the rl love of guns that you guys do I probably would have joined.

I for one think that if FAN is free after this then all the better, people deserve a second chance.

People in the NPO may see this as a betrayal but I dont mind, if I am Zi'd either way so be it. I am not going to abandon the NPO as it comes under fire because that is not who I am. I will not leave while friends stay and be hunted down. I fight for my friends and it so happens they call NPO home, so in that regard I fight for the NPO.

-MAX

PS For the person that suggested the nuclear restraint, It has already been done It was called "For the love of god please think of the children" however in GWIII many people pulled out of it. Lord Swampy tried to renew it but alliances werent interested.

Edited by Mr.AdmiralX

A few terms that I would consider putting before the NPO:

Taking out the Moldavi Doctrine (maybe, depends)

Ceasing all wars with other alliances that aren't in the Karma Coalition (GWIII disbanded alliances that they are still at war with, AKA: NAAC, and, of course, FAN).

Temporary decom of military improvements except those needed for wonders.*

Temporary decom of unnecessary military units (Planes, tanks, CMs, Nukes, Ships, etc).

Removal of Moo and "guilty" IOs from power. (I say Guilty IOs because some of them are recently elected and had nothing to do with it. Basically, see which ones are to "blame" and put it on them, with possible extra ZI (not perma-ZI) of the IOs).

Removal of the NPO PZI and EZI lists.

Basically, what I would look for is an end to all wars that NPO considers ongoing or ongoing due to lack of surrender on the other side's part (even if they "disband"), and basically a fresh, clean start. Keeping NPO in this game is important, because, like it or not folks, they have given you someone to fight, and war makes this game fun. To kill off your greatest enemy, and possibly your greatest future allie, would be a grave mistake.

*Yes, I did change this part.

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

The NPO was defeated in the first great war and for the most part left off the hook with a white peace.

And look at what happened.

Why give them another white peace? They were given a second chance over two years ago and what did they do? They came for revenge against the alliances that defeated them.

Giving them a white peace is far too risky. If they aren't going to be disbanded than they should at least be forced to repeal the moldavi doctrine.

I completely agree, we shouldn't make the mistake of letting history repeat itself.

I think of all yours this would be the hardest one for people

The wonders part is on the fence. It depends on how it goes. Those are all the terms I would even consider, not necessarly put into action. Yes, decomming wonders is harsh, but when people are calling for disbandment, among other things, I'd rather take the hit to the wonder for a temporary time (and yes, I have done it). I agree that it is harsh and I probably wouldn't actually put that in terms, the OP just asks for any terms you'd consider, and that is one I put some thought into at the moment (though the more I think about it, and as I look at the stats of thousands of wonders in NPO) I regret saying that in my post.

My two cents:

* Removal of Moo as Emperor and barring both him and Dilber from regaining emperorship.

* Removal of Imperial Officer (not all, some. I have a list in mind but I'm fairly sure its rather outdated as far as IOs go.) from their posts and barring them from regaining them.

* Apology to Ordo Verde for their most dishonorable actions.

* Apology to TORN for their most dishonorable actions.

* Admittance of defeat in this war and in Great War I.

* Reparations (Lion's share to Ordo Verde).

* Nuclear and military limitations.

* Repealing of the Moldavi Doctrine and restructuring the Revenge Doctrine with the Karma Coalition and the new Red Sphere alliances.

* Ending of wars with FAN, Vox Populi, Norden Verein, etc.

* Pledge to never again attempt to forcefully disband another alliance, push them into eternal ZI, etc.

* Restrictions on treaty signing (which I'm pretty sure they'll do voluntarily after what happened last night).

Edited by MercyFallout

I think it is funny that this thread has been posted before the war is even close to being won. I think you vastly underestimate what will come out of the NPO as far as extremists go...kind of like FAN had a hardcore 50-70 people...do you think the NPO doesn't have the same?

I think NPO should actually get white peace after we get done cleaning up. If they get back down to what they've been doing, sure, go at them again. But as of now, there's no reason to ZI/disband general membership, and I certainly wouldn't push for it. I'm not gov, though, so who knows?

I think NPO should actually get white peace after we get done cleaning up. If they get back down to what they've been doing, sure, go at them again. But as of now, there's no reason to ZI/disband general membership, and I certainly wouldn't push for it. I'm not gov, though, so who knows?

At the absolute least, there's a little ol' green team alliance that deserves reps for being declared on by the losing party.

At the absolute least, there's a little ol' green team alliance that deserves reps for being declared on by the losing party.

I think they'd learn the lesson quite well, but that is a valid point, and I am terribly sorry I missed that.

Let's say 700 members.... to give the 29,000 other members of CN a shot.

Thank you to all that have posted suggestions like these. It gives me even more reason to never surrender and to make sure you never get the chance to give us terms like this.

Pacifica Prevails!

o/ Emperor Revenge!

My two cents:

* Removal of Moo as Emperor and barring both him and Dilber from regaining emperorship.

* Removal of Imperial Officer (not all, some. I have a list in mind but I'm fairly sure its rather outdated as far as IOs go.) from their posts and barring them from regaining them.

* Apology to Ordo Verde for their most dishonorable actions.

* Apology to TORN for their most dishonorable actions.

* Admittance of defeat in this war and in Great War I.

* Reparations (Lion's share to Ordo Verde).

* Nuclear and military limitations.

* Repealing of the Moldavi Doctrine and restructuring the Revenge Doctrine with the Karma Coalition and the new Red Sphere alliances.

* Ending of wars with FAN, Vox Populi, Norden Verein, etc.

* Pledge to never again attempt to forcefully disband another alliance, push them into eternal ZI, etc.

* Restrictions on treaty signing (which I'm pretty sure they'll do voluntarily after what happened last night).

Once again I find myself in agreement with you. These are pretty good terms and arent to harsh. I would add on tech limits and reps to this though.